STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

sound like you lift in somebody garage lol

Lol naw but might as well. My one homies older bro turned their garage into the most serious gym. I might have to go over there once i get a lil stronger. His bro is a beast, cant go there lifting like a chump lol

@marmourjr  @amel223  Thanks for the lowdown! Much appreciated. 
nthat.gif

The ones I've narrowed it down to are within a bike ride of my place and have been open for a few years now and range from $150-200 unlimited. I'll keep an eye out for the coaching experience and the equipment. So far, I don't see any mention of extra goodies like massage (which sounds freaking fantastic, that'd be a major selling point since I love a good massage) or specialized coaching, but I'll look around for that.  

I'd just go now. Lifting with strong people teaches you more and is more fun. no shame in my weakness. :lol:

yo srs question why is it that crossfit gyms are more expensive than regular gyms?

My girl wanted to try it out and went to a spot in PG county(DMV), they were asking her close to something like 300/ month. I didnt get all the details that came with it but damn...

It's expensive because of several reasons, location, demands, coaching...but you're getting the experience of a group setting training and personal training.

In your case, it looks like it's because of location. Most inner city boxes are expensive.

Overall, I think it's ridiculous with the pricing but it is what it is

Last edited:
@marmourjr
 @amel223
 Thanks for the lowdown! Much appreciated. :nthat:

The ones I've narrowed it down to are within a bike ride of my place and have been open for a few years now and range from $150-200 unlimited. I'll keep an eye out for the coaching experience and the equipment. So far, I don't see any mention of extra goodies like massage (which sounds freaking fantastic, that'd be a major selling point since I love a good massage) or specialized coaching, but I'll look around for that.  

Not all gyms offer it. However they may offer other perks. Like one gym I know is opened Monday to Sunday and they're open late to 10pm on certain days.

Most boxes are closed on Sunday and close early on Friday and Saturday.

300 per is kinda crazy and I've never heard of that kind of pricing. I've seen 180-225.

Its expensive like that because you're also paying for training.

All the commercial gyms cost something like 60 a month yes. But that's no training involved. And if you pay for personal training at that gym then the pricing goes through the roof, lol. Maybe even more so than at a crossfit gym. What do personal trainers at an LA fitness ask for? Something like 60 a session? And that adds up lol.

Last edited:
Ahhh i didnt know training was included. At first i thought location too but i figured i may have missed something

Co-sign the Groupon idea for testing out Crossfit boxes. Most of them are something like unlimited for a month for $30 or a set number of classes. It's a great and relatively cheap way to try out different boxes and see what their coaching is like.

Unfortunately, it isn't hard to get a LVL 1 to be a Crossfit coach, so many people just go and get it and start coaching. As @amel223  and @marmourjr  said above, experience is key, and the only way you'll get to know if they are good coaches that know what they are talking about is by letting them instruct you. Earlier this year i switched boxes to one that is closer to my work so that i can workout during lunch and not later in the evenings. The coach of the noon class is this chick that just turned 24 and has been doing Crossfitt for a few years. She's a decent instructor, but not nearly as knowledgeable as the previous coach that i learned all of the oly movements from. It's not a big deal to me since i know what i am doing and don't need much coaching.

I pay $117 a month for unlimited, which is the cheapest i've seen anywhere. It's a small location downtown but it's nicely kept and the community there is awesome. 

Who reported me?!?!

I don't know how I get reported when I am the mod of this thread.... psshhh 
laugh.gif

sound like you lift in somebody garage lol

Lol naw but might as well. My one homies older bro turned their garage into the most serious gym. I might have to go over there once i get a lil stronger. His bro is a beast, cant go there lifting like a chump lol
So you rather lift in a trash gym than a good gym cause the good gym people lift more than you .....

Who reported me?!?!

I don't know how I get reported when I am the mod of this thread.... psshhh :lol:
even fake cops get arrested by real ones.

BUT....

I'm sleep :rofl:

This conditioning coach/trainer told me I'm looking real good. He said it was the best he saw me and I'm still looking full. I'm like man, I been waiting on your greenlight [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Yall ever hold someone in your gym to high regard where you know you doing something right when they compliment you?

Other note...I CAN'T WAIT TO SLOW BULK. I'm tired of not being able to eat at least 3 snacks a day lmao. I got some caramel peanut popcorn I can't even eat. 2 shakes, a banana and one meal and I'm done. You ever ate 28g of nuts??? IT'S LIKE 10 NUTS.

Hit legs.

Squat 230x2, 245x2, 260x2, 275x2 and that last rep was a GRINDERRRRR. I almost died.

I want some COLT 45 and wings.

Back
Top Bottom