STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

:rofl:

I ain't get it either. I didn't even see the post. Didn't see what he even said. But I it's what Marmour said, it was just plain dumb.

Aww look who came to the rescue, aint nobody asked for your opinion fam go sit down.

@instagram please dont report me

Last edited:
:lol: just ignore the tea guy he just goes around trolling race threads.
Lmao I figured it was a dude who uses his free time to troll nT

:rofl:

I ain't get it either. I didn't even see the post. Didn't see what he even said. But I it's what Marmour said, it was just plain dumb.

Aww look who came to the rescue, aint nobody asked for your opinion fam go sit down.

@instagram please dont report me
lol, nobody asked for that dumb post, either :rofl:

Lmao hitting legs tonight. Tweaked my back a little yesterday but F it. Still going heavy. I'm too legit to quit.

My cold is almost over. Thank God.

Yall need to F with the program I'm on for compound. It's good bread.

Last edited:
Man had 1 of those ****** days.

Still pouring rain out here. Right arm always hurts when it rains or its cold. But **** it thugged it out. Tryna catch @Tdogg2k on incline bench. Worked up to 225x5. Tried 235 got it once, 2nd rep i was done lol. Thank god i did it in the power rack and had the safety rails. Knew i wasnt gonna hit 250 on the incline since thats my flat bench :lol: but ima get there. Pleased with 1st week of incline in like 8yrs.

This where my day gets ******. Im doing db bench and between sets im just sitting on the bench. This next man on the power rack is tryna change the safety rails but by removing em they come close to hitting me and thia fool doesnt say anything like excuse me.or even yo heads up. This mfer did this **** twice. Told him 3 strikes he out. Then im in the middle of a set of skull crushers and some next fool is grabbing dbs off the rack and drops a 55lbs db on my right foot. I was heated. At least i got to enjoy my walk home in the rain

:frown:

Been lurking this thread for a while. Always avoided squats/deadlifts because my flexibility/mobility is trash. Determined to get better. I have to get over the "you look like a *****" " by only squatting the bar
roll.gif
. Going to start with just the bar and hopefully make some meaningful progress.

Last edited:
 Been lurking this thread for a while. Always avoided squats/deadlifts because my flexibility/mobility is trash. Determined to get better. I have to get over the "you look like a *****" " by only squatting the bar :rofl: . Going to start with just the bar and hopefully make some meaningful progress.

We all start somewhere. Soon you'll be the dude looking at the other lightweights lmao. Circle of life. You get bullied by older friends. You bully your younger friends when you're old lmfao.
Man had 1 of those ****** days.

Still pouring rain out here. Right arm always hurts when it rains or its cold. But **** it thugged it out. Tryna catch @Tdogg2k on incline bench. Worked up to 225x5. Tried 235 got it once, 2nd rep i was done lol. Thank god i did it in the power rack and had the safety rails. Knew i wasnt gonna hit 250 on the incline since thats my flat bench :lol: but ima get there. Pleased with 1st week of incline in like 8yrs.

This where my day gets ******. Im doing db bench and between sets im just sitting on the bench. This next man on the power rack is tryna change the safety rails but by removing em they come close to hitting me and thia fool doesnt say anything like excuse me.or even yo heads up. This mfer did this **** twice. Told him 3 strikes he out. Then im in the middle of a set of skull crushers and some next fool is grabbing dbs off the rack and drops a 55lbs db on my right foot. I was heated. At least i got to enjoy my walk home in the rain

:frown:
damn wtf. You work out at the weenie hut from sponge Bob??? Who drops a 55 lmao. Sorry to hear. If it broke your toe I know you would've been ready to fight lol

A 25lb dropped on my ex toe and broke it. I told her it wasn't broke and kept making her work out.

.....It was

Still feel bad to this day lol

Been lurking this thread for a while. Always avoided squats/deadlifts because my flexibility/mobility is trash. Determined to get better. I have to get over the "you look like a *****" " by only squatting the bar :rofl: . Going to start with just the bar and hopefully make some meaningful progress.

I have mobility issues as well (ankle). Guys in here been a huge help, esp Grine Grine . I went back to the basics with just bodyweight squats. Even if u post a vid of where ur at right now im sure a lot of guys in here can give u good advice and exercises to help improve.

Quote:
We all start somewhere. Soon you'll be the dude looking at the other lightweights lmao. Circle of life. You get bullied by older friends. You bully your younger friends when you're old lmfao.

I'm turning 30 in two months and have made it a goal to get into the best shape I possibly can.  Main reason for all of this is because I play Sunday league baseball, and want to continue playing as long as I possibly can. Lots of helpful info around these parts.

Last edited:
damn wtf. You work out at the weenie hut from sponge Bob??? Who drops a 55 lmao. Sorry to hear. If it broke your toe I know you would've been ready to fight lol

A 25lb dropped on my ex toe and broke it. I told her it wasn't broke and kept making her work out.

.....It was

Lmao guy i never seen so many goofs in once place. This kid was doing half rep "concentration" curls with it smh. I only go here cuz its the closest to the crib. Space is small and equipment limited but its been gettin the job done so far. Nuff weirdos tho but it takes all types to make the world go round...so they say

For my crossfit bros, hitting Fight Gone Bad at lunch. Bout to end this week on a good note.

chill, you didnt even see what i exactly posted so why you rappin?

go make vids for your sponsors or whoever

Last edited:

chill, you didnt even see what i exactly posted so why you rappin?

go make vids for your sponsors or whoever
Cause you realized it was dumb :rofl: and if it was about introverts then it correlated to me, why wouldn't I reply. Also, notice I said IF you said it, it made no sense, since you edited it before I saw it. Why you mad lmao

Lol it's whatever though, leave it be. Back to the iron. You right. I'm wrong lol you win bro :lol:

Imma go make vids for my sponsors now.

Quote:

I'm turning 30 in two months and have made it a goal to get into the best shape I possibly can.  Main reason for all of this is because I play Sunday league baseball, and want to continue playing as long as I possibly can. Lots of helpful info around these parts.
Lol. Sunday baseball is definitely an old dude hobby. Jk. But yeah I feel you. Do ya thang. Just get the form down. All comes naturally after.

.....It was

Lmao guy i never seen so many goofs in once place. This kid was doing half rep "concentration" curls with it smh. I only go here cuz its the closest to the crib. Space is small and equipment limited but its been gettin the job done so far. Nuff weirdos tho but it takes all types to make the world go round...so they say
damn. That can't be the Toronto life. Say it isn't so [emoji]128557[/emoji]

Last edited:

For my crossfit bros, hitting Fight Gone Bad at lunch. Bout to end this week on a good note.
For the NTers who Crossfit....what are some things to look for in a quality box? And what do you guys find to be a reasonable price range?

I'm debating on trying Crossfit since I want to change it up and expand my fitness work since I don't have any exposure to Oly lifting nor gymnastics in my current regimen. I've seen places with groupon offerings, but that could be a good/bad thing since they may be trying to solicit business for dubious reasons. I've yelped a few places, asked around for word of mouth, and pinpointed a few places to do a free trial class, but I know I'll have to do an "on-ramp" or something to get acquainted to the skill work. 

Groupon is usually a great way to get into the introduction class and test the waters.

What you want to look for is quality coaches. I prefer a gym that has a background in oly lifting, gymnastics and mobility. Just because they have an L1 Trainer certificate doesn't mean they're good coaches.

Also look at the equipment. See if they take care of them. See what equipment they're offering: GHD machine, Rower, Farmer Carry Bars, Assulat Bike, etc

Find out what other programs they're offering with their membership for free or discount: yoga, oly lifting classes, gymnastic classes, massages, diet/nutrition program

Crossfit is expensive. Try to stay within $120-$175. It depends on what they're offering, location, quality coaches and programs.

My current gym coaches sucks when it comes to some of the CF movements, squatting and oly lifting. However they have a good Crossfit program and core/yoga program. They're $120 a month. Unlimited. However there's no oly lifting background at this gym. Although I am experience enough to train myself, it would be helpful to have a coach with that background. I am having to pay extra for a oly coach on a competitor level. But that's by choice. Also, they lack equipment that's beneficial for oly lifting such as blocks.

The problem is they're the only gym on my side of town and it's 2 blocks away from the house :lol:

I was at a gym that was charging me $150 but I had everything: equipment, quality oly coach and gymist coach. Along with free classes and massage. And they had all type of free seminars that were offered to better the community. Including social events to get to know the people within the community better.

Ask the members that had been there for years plus. They will be honest with you about the community and the coaches. A lot of these CF coaches are ********. Watch how they encourage or provide the proper attention to the classes and athletes. You'll know right off bat.

Good luck

Last edited:
yo srs question why is it that crossfit gyms are more expensive than regular gyms?

My girl wanted to try it out and went to a spot in PG county(DMV), they were asking her close to something like 300/ month. I didnt get all the details that came with it but damn...

Last edited:

For the NTers who Crossfit....what are some things to look for in a quality box? And what do you guys find to be a reasonable price range?

I'm debating on trying Crossfit since I want to change it up and expand my fitness work since I don't have any exposure to Oly lifting nor gymnastics in my current regimen. I've seen places with groupon offerings, but that could be a good/bad thing since they may be trying to solicit business for dubious reasons. I've yelped a few places, asked around for word of mouth, and pinpointed a few places to do a free trial class, but I know I'll have to do an "on-ramp" or something to get acquainted to the skill work. 

When it comes to crossfit, I would say experienced staff matters more than the location of the gym. I would start with how much experience a staff has first. A nice way to judge this is by how long a gym has been open. New gyms are popping up all the time and will offer Groupon deals. They'll be cheaper than the going rate for some of the older gyms but you're risking getting poor instructions by inexperienced trainers.

Its a good sign if they require you to have a month of intro classes first before jumping into wods

For me I have experience, so I pick gyms by location, if they have open gym hours and if they offer weightlifting classes.

But if I was new I'd go by where I feel I might get the best instruction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom