STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I can't stress this enough..

Push ups.

Push. Ups.

Push mutha ****** UPSSS

Just kill yourself with push ups everyday. Got me reppin 245 on the bench with ease. 225 military. Gives you that inner strength to grind out that last struggle rep when the fitness thots are watching. I'll be in the 3 plate club in both by the next month or so. I'm 170.

Push ups.

Push. Ups.

Push mutha ****** UPSSS

Just kill yourself with push ups everyday. Got me reppin 245 on the bench with ease. 225 military. Gives you that inner strength to grind out that last struggle rep when the fitness thots are watching. I'll be in the 3 plate club in both by the next month or so. I'm 170.

bruh...a 315 overhead press at 170lb body weight would be insane.

Opti-bars have a quest like consistency they are a little more chalky if that makes sense. I bought a box on sale. The taste is ok. Not as good as quest but better then fitjoy

I know preference on taste in this thread is all over the place. The only down side is if you are calorie counting. Opt cookies and cream is like 250 cals for 20g protein. When quest has 190 in their cookies and cream for the same protein.

But its not a bad change of pace if you can get them for the low. There was a deal on slick deals a while back like box of 12 for $18 shipped i pulled the trigger

:nthat:

Thanks for the info.. I'm trying to avoid bars that have the quest texture but that's the status quo.. I'll try when I see it on sale..

bruh...a 315 overhead press at 170lb body weight would be insane.

I think he is talking about 3 plate bench club bro, there aren't many sub 200 pound dudes hitting that on OHP.

he did say 3 plate club in both....

The thought of trying to unrack 315 in a front position has my body in pain :lol: I am 170lbs right now too. And 315 back squat is hard enough. I OHP 135 max for 4-5 reps. I have never tried for more but i know i could not hit 215lb for 1 on OHP so props to dude regardless. Set them goals famb

Is there any free shipping codes for BB.com I want that shaker bottle but with shipping its $10

Last edited:

Push ups.

Push. Ups.

Push mutha ****** UPSSS

You're military pressing 225 for reps at 170? Sheesh. What's your OHP numbers?

No not ohp :lol:. I'm talking 2 plates on seated incline bench. Haven't incorporated ohp into my workouts yet but that's coming soon. I feel like I could hit at least 245 on incline right now. I'm really snapping this weight almost surprising myself and I haven't been going that hard on push-ups yet. I'm up to a set of 60. I want to be able to hit 100 reps straight. What I've done before is just push up til failure and then go straight into girl push ups til failure, do that 2 or 3 times a day and give yourself enough time to recover before you hit the weights. It makes all the difference in the world. I used to get shaky arms and be scared to force that last rep but now my arms are steady and I can will the bar up for that last rep. It's a powerful feeling.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas. Didn't do as good as I wanted to but still did decent.

That's when regular HIITs come in handy. Just another learning experience [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

Thanks fellas. Didn't do as good as I wanted to but still did decent.

That's when regular HIITs come in handy. Just another learning experience [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]
HIiT FTW.

I just got a call back from a job today. Waiting for the background check. I hope they don't get mad I got two last names (only put one on resume/app). They're Od strict about dates and stuff.

Last time I did a push up was when I pushed myself up to get in a comfortable position to do fallout.

Was never a fan of bodyweight exercises. even when I do dips it's always weighted.

HIiT FTW.

I just got a call back from a job today. Waiting for the background check. I hope they don't get mad I got two last names (only put one on resume/app). They're Od strict about dates and stuff.
Hopefully everything goes through good bro!

For those working in offices on a typical 9-5 work week.... when do you prefer to get your work out in? In the morning before work or after work?

I'm doing after work schedule now and although the gym gets pretty busy, I still manage to get good lifts in. I'm thinking about changing it up though so I am wondering if you guys found any benefits to lifting in the morning as opposed to the afternoon-evening.

Yeah guys I can read 
laugh.gif

He might have typed that but he knew he didn't mean it like that, you aren't pressing 315 naturally unless you weigh 300+ for the most part.

No shade but first read I'd call ******** even on the 225 strict at 170. It's 100% doable but I'd like to see a video so I can give you props.

HIiT FTW.

Hopefully everything goes through good bro!
Yea he just called. He wasnt mad he just said use my WHOLE NAME from now on. Even though I've never had a problem before. But nonetheless, I got the job. Making more than my last one (boss set me up and got me fired) ad I graduate this fall. All is good!!

Got my knee checked. Doc gonna set up a FT session for me. He said go light on leg day.

......But you know I won't. I'm trying to get brolic. Fymmmmmm Doc

No shade but first read I'd call ******** even on the 225 strict at 170. It's 100% doable but I'd like to see a video so I can give you props.

Flat bench or incline? I'll try to get a vid but I'm always dolo at the gym. I'll see what I can do

Last edited:
Yeah guys I can read :lol:

He might have typed that but he knew he didn't mean it like that, you aren't pressing 315 naturally unless you weigh 300+ for the most part.
I've seen someone press 315. But like you said, he was damn near 300+.

BUT I have saw a dude seated press 315. Forgot his name. He stopped making vides. He was beastly. Yall know who I'm talking about?

Edit: found it. Wasn't hitting the chest but still low.

Yea he just called. He wasnt mad he just said use my WHOLE NAME from now on. Even though I've never had a problem before. But nonetheless, I got the job. Making more than my last one (boss set me up and got me fired) ad I graduate this fall. All is good!!

Got my knee checked. Doc gonna set up a FT session for me. He said go light on leg day.

......But you know I won't. I'm trying to get brolic. Fymmmmmm Doc

Thats wassup bro congrats!

Is ur new boss gonna let u keep ur sideburns? :lol: jk

Got some terrible news this morning that my grandma (my last living grandparent) passed away.

She had been healthy/in shape her whole life, was a softball player even yet at the end she died looking like a ghost of herself and in so much pain. :smh:

Sometimes I wonder why people especially such kind hearted and loving people have to suffer that way. :smh:

I decided to take my grief out in the gym.

Wasn't even planning on going to the gym today really but I needed to do something to get out of my head.

I ended up setting a new PR on DL at 485x1 @ 186 pounds.

Worked up by 135x5 225x5 315x5 365x1 405x1 435x1 465x1 485x1 then 465x1, 405x3, 315x5.

Did barbell rows, incline dumbells chest, flys, lat pull downs, front raises and Bicep curls.

It felt really good to be able to take that painful/hurt energy and transform it into something that pushes you forward.

That, to me is the others aspect of lifting that is hard to describe to those who don't do it.

Shouts to all my brothers in iron in here, appreciate your loved ones but y'all already knew that.

Back
Top Bottom