STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How do you guys deal with post-festival strength/mass losses.

Coming back feeling weak as ****, off days of no sleep and food. Acid is a hell of a drug.

I just call it military press. Call leg push, a push press.
Push Press is different...Maybe we talking about the same thing...Basically an OHP but using your legs to drive the bar up into an OHP

@ahat20  Looks good bro. How did it feel? Much easier?

With your squatting, can you drop the weight and squat below parallel? 
I thought about it maybe being the weight but i cant even get that low just doing an air squat. My chest starts to sink in, **** ends up looking like a good morning lol.
Bro, get a band and start to do this daily...Rather you do this with lifting shoes.  But when you squat, learn to put your chest upward.

Push Press is different...Maybe we talking about the same thing...Basically an OHP but using your legs to drive the bar up into an OHP

@ahat20
 Looks good bro. How did it feel? Much easier?

With your squatting, can you drop the weight and squat below parallel? 

Bro, get a band and start to do this daily...Rather you do this with lifting shoes.  But when you squat, learn to put your chest upward.

Ya i def felt the difference this time on the ohp. Felt more smooth

With the squats even if i have no weight i cant get that deep. Ima have to start from scratch and start with that video u posted. Its most likely a mobility issue?

ahat ahat can you go deeper when you lower the weight? Ie the bar, 135 etc?

If i do a squat with no weight, when i get deep my chest basically "collapses".

Hopefully Jew doesnt redlight me 
mean.gif

Yes it's a mobility issue @ahat20  

You can correct it quickly. Just need to practice properly.  Here are  some videos that can help.

These are pretty good: 

The logic that if youre a serious intermediate lifter you should be in the 1k club is flawed. A lot of things come to play.
Like what? Im sorry but if you have been lifting 2-5 years and haven't hit the 1k club then something is up, unless you weigh like 130.

Jew is under 150 and he isn't far from it. 

Yes it's a mobility issue @ahat20

You can correct it quickly. Just need to practice properly.  Here are  some videos that can help.

These are pretty good: 

Ima peep those. Appreciate the help. Guess its back to the basics. Destroy and Rebuild.

How do you guys deal with post-festival strength/mass losses.

Coming back feeling weak as ****, off days of no sleep and food. Acid is a hell of a drug.

I just wait 2/3 days and come back strong.

Acid is a hell of a drug, beautiful chemical.

Ima peep those. Appreciate the help. Guess its back to the basics. Destroy and Rebuild.
Nothing wrong with it bro.  Just work on the mobility everyday.  

Drop the weight little so that you can try to get lower and lower...

Honestly, even though I can ATG, I still do Mobility stretches/ROM 2-3 times a week.

Like what? Im sorry but if you have been lifting 2-5 years and haven't hit the 1k club then something is up, unless you weigh like 130.

Jew is under 150 and he isn't far from it. 

Based on the weight and reps I've done, I'm pretty sure I can hit the 1000lb club now, but I'm not really at a point where I need to fry myself hitting maxes :lol:

I propose a new challenge, since everybody on this equating vibe.

We have Oly Lifters, Power lifters, Bodybuilders, Crossfiters, Trainers, etc...

Already equating are tough.  How about we squat for 5 minutes in a row with your bodyweight on the bar. The set has to be unbroken.  Make sure the bar is pressed to your body. High Bar and Low Bar is acceptable.  Post videos of your reps and weight on a scale. Please be below parallel.  

Y'all in for it?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with it bro.  Just work on the mobility everyday.  

Drop the weight little so that you can try to get lower and lower...

Honestly, even though I can ATG, I still do Mobility stretches/ROM 2-3 times a week.

Oh i got no problems starting over. I wanna be doing it properly and get the full benefit. No half way **** :lol:

I propose a new challenge, since everybody on this equating vibe.

We have Oly Lifters, Power lifters, Bodybuilders, Trainers, etc...

Already equating are tough.  How about we squat for 5 minutes in a row with your bodyweight on the bar. The set has to be unbroken.  Make sure the bar is pressed to your body. High Bar and Low Bar is acceptable.  Post videos of your reps and weight on a scale. Please be below parallel.  

Y'all in for it?

5 min in a row? like straight reps and no rest?

:x

Last edited:
Pass from me

.....i wouldnt last lmao. Maybe if we did this in person with the motivatiion and pump would be crazy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom