STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hodgetwins always be on some "we're doing this exercise today because our backs/shoulders/elbows are messed up". :lol: Yeah, that's encouraging. I've never seen them do a sprint either. They walk around like 60 year olds, all stiff and slow.

There are way too many good sources out there to listen the hodge twins or Chris Jones :lol:

Never understood the popularity of those type of "personalities" to begin with.

I'm much more inspired by guys who are just all business, knowledgeable and super strong.

Last edited:
High rep squat day was successful.

Working sets were

225x6
275x8
295x6
275x8
245x10
225x12

Felt really strong today.

Followed that up with incline DB press

70x8
90x6
100x6
85x8
85x5

Finished with a circuit of Incline DB fly, shoulder/arm accessory work.

Hodgetwins always be on some "we're doing this exercise today because our backs/shoulders/elbows are messed up". :lol: Yeah, that's encouraging. I've never seen them do a sprint either. They walk around like 60 year olds, all stiff and slow.

:rofl:

It's almost like the more popular a person is on YT the LESS I would listen to them 
laugh.gif

I would listen to people that have actually accomplished something, Mark Bell, Bryce Lewis, Candito etc. Chris Jones isn't bad especially for beginners, he does a **** ton of volume though. When I watch [people like CG I normally just fast forward through the actual lifting and motivational speeches 
laugh.gif

Never understood the popularity of those type of "personalities" to begin with.

I'm much more inspired by guys who are just all business, knowledgeable and super strong.

It's almost like the more popular a person is on YT the LESS I would listen to them :lol:

I would listen to people that have actually accomplished something, Mark Bell, Bryce Lewis, Candito etc. Chris Jones isn't bad especially for beginners, he does a **** ton of volume though. When I watch [people like CG I normally just fast forward through the actual lifting and motivational speeches :lol:

All facts

I like Eliot hulse or whatever his name is for LIFTS ONLY. Not his weird rants on life.

Week 4 Ed coen today was tough. First two lifts were probably the longest grinders I've ever done and is a pr for me. Am lifting again makes it tougher than it is.

365x2
305 5x3

Stiff leg 155 3x8
Good morning 65 3x8
Chins 3x8
Rows 100 3x8

I like Eliot hulse or whatever his name is for LIFTS ONLY. Not his weird rants on life.

Week 4 Ed coen today was tough. First two lifts were probably the longest grinders I've ever done and is a pr for me. Am lifting again makes it tougher than it is.

365x2
305 5x3

Stiff leg 155 3x8
Good morning 65 3x8
Chins 3x8
Rows 100 3x8

:pimp:

When it comes to teaching on YouTube, I liked that skinny powerlifter. Very young guy. He didn't look that strong but he was strong. I'm sure you guys know who I'm talking about. I forget his name.

Elliot comes off like a real douchebag prick. Highly punchable face.

Hodge twins are hilarious tho :lol:

Agreed. But I like his info on functional lifts and keeping a good posture. Basically what's the point in being big if you'll tear a bicep flipping a tire etc. he makes sense but looks like an ***.

ahat ahat you should do it, it's not joke. :lol: starts off easy now it's pretty tough. Helps you get over mental blocks too.

Last edited:
:lol: y'all gotta be acting stupid to not understand why "personalities" are more popular than straight functional ones. It's in the damn word.

I still like Chris Jones. Don't watch as much as I used to.

Elliot Hulse I agree he has douche punchable face, especially when I first started watching him.

I like watching Jason Blaha's fitness channel for info and latest studies

Sometimes watch Barbell Brigade not for info just for motivation and things

:lol: y'all gotta be acting stupid to not understand why "personalities" are more popular than straight functional ones. It's in the damn word.

How you figure we're "acting stupid" rather than just finding that whole wave corny?

Those types aren't even that knowledgable on actual lifting.

It's one thing to blend entertainment with knowledge but it's another to take something as beneficial/dangerous as weight training and act like an airhead frat boy for views.

Last edited:
Agreed. But I like his info on functional lifts and keeping a good posture. Basically what's the point in being big if you'll tear a bicep flipping a tire etc. he makes sense but looks like an ***.

ahat ahat you should do it, it's not joke. :lol: starts off easy now it's pretty tough. Helps you get over mental blocks too.

Word word. How long does it take u to get thru the workouts? Tbh i dont like lifting for more than 45min/1hr

Dude squatting beside me rocking blue and green Fila socks, throwing weights on the ground, being loud...

And doing less than quarter squats thinking he's all hard :lol:

When it comes to teaching on YouTube, I liked that skinny powerlifter. Very young guy. He didn't look that strong but he was strong. I'm sure you guys know who I'm talking about. I forget his name.
Brett Gibbs? Jonnie Candito?

I really reallllllly hope you aren't talking about Maxx Chewning. 

I started a "cut" on roughly 1900 calories about three days ago and I'm already down 3.2lbs with slightly more visible abs. I went from 213 to 209.8lbs and both weights were recorded in a fasted state. I was probably getting around 2500-2800 calories prior to the cut, so is this normal given such a deficit?

I've been taking my diet seriously for a while now, but not to this extent until recently. I'm actually writing down what I'll be having in a day, trying to make sure the calculations and portions are as correct as can be, increasing and decreasing portions to see how they fit into my diet etc. It's actually somewhat fun. 

Last edited:
20% off pumpkin spice muscle egg right now. It's good if you're into pumpkin spice flavor and normally sells out fast.

How much of your bench press max should your overhead press be?
While they do correlate somewhat, I don't think there is a specific percentage between the 2. I've noticed that most 500 pound benchers are hitting 315+ on OHP, so thats a little over 60% right there, Ive hit around 235 I believe before on standing OHP and 415 is the most I've ever benched and thats slightly over 55%, so if we go off those numbers then I would shoot for at least being able to OHP half of what your max bench is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom