STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Gym hack...put a 2 1/2 pound plate under what you're going to de-load (on one side) for DLs. Jacks the weights up enough to get everything on/off very easily.

Yup.

Old heads showed me this a couple weeks ago.

hate you guys. bought the metcons.
78 shipped
had my 10 dollar ebaes coupon. on top of getting 6.75 back for it.
I'll go ahead and count that as 62 shipped.

Anyone have any tips on becoming better at grinding out a squat rep?

Squats were feeling great so I went a little heavier. Form felt good for the first 4 reps but then I really felt gassed on number 5. I did get it up but I ended up tweaking my back a little :smh:

This always seems to happen when I try and grind out a rep.

Squats were feeling great so I went a little heavier. Form felt good for the first 4 reps but then I really felt gassed on number 5. I did get it up but I ended up tweaking my back a little :smh:

multivitamin

Squats were feeling great so I went a little heavier. Form felt good for the first 4 reps but then I really felt gassed on number 5. I did get it up but I ended up tweaking my back a little
mean.gif

on your fourth rep you should've known that you didnt have the gas to put up the 5th rep cleanly..... work on dat mind muscle connection brah

Last edited:
on your fourth rep you should've known that you didnt have the gas to put up the 5th rep cleanly..... work on dat mind muscle connection brah

Some of us like to push past our limits and force the last rep instead of just giving up. I've noticed too many people don't understand this concept. A grinder isn't supposed to be easy, but that doesn't mean you just give up on that last rep. My cousin and buddy are guilty as hell of this, I always give them a hard time bc they'll just give up instead of grinding it out.

Some of us like to push past our limits and force the last rep instead of just giving up. I've noticed too many people don't understand this concept. A grinder isn't supposed to be easy, but that doesn't mean you just give up on that last rep. My cousin and buddy are guilty as hell of this, I always give them a hard time bc they'll just give up instead of grinding it out.

My thoughts exactly. I usually don't force myself to grind out a last rep, but every so often I like to try it out. Especially if the sets beforehand felt relatively easy.

The first 4 reps were pretty clean IMO so that's why I went for the fifth. I knew it'd be tough but I had some left in the tank so I didn't wanna just drop the weight and be done. Coming out of the hole I still felt I had it but that last bit of the concentric part of the lift got me. I must've shifted a little awkwardly but I still got the rep.

Maybe I'll just drop the weight and just go for higher reps (aka cardio :lol: ). But I would like to get better at really pushing it when I have to.

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend fat burners until you hit a plateau dieting. if you're even looking to cut that much.

Some of us like to push past our limits and force the last rep instead of just giving up. I've noticed too many people don't understand this concept. A grinder isn't supposed to be easy, but that doesn't mean you just give up on that last rep. t.

agreed. If i know im gassed but i feel i have one more. break pass that

When did I say you shouldnt push yourself to get that last rep in? 
eyes.gif

What I said was that he should've been aware that he didnt have the gas to push out that last rep cleanly after he did his 4th rep.

Your form will never be 100% perfect when you trying to get the last rep in.

Look up to the big man upstairs push your knees out hard af and stand up. It's usually easier if you have a stronger guy spotting you and yelling at you so you don't feel weak. :lol:

Looking up helps me keep my form in check on those grinders.

Last edited:
When did I say you shouldnt push yourself to get that last rep in? :rolleyes
What I said was that he should've been aware that he didnt have the gas to push out that last rep cleanly after he did his 4th rep.
Your form will never be 100% perfect when you trying to get the last rep in.

You didn't say it explicitly, but what you said implied that he shouldn't have went for it. I wasn't throwing shade or anything.. Your post seemed to imply he should have left it at 4, I disagreed. If that's not what you meant, so be it... I also just chimed in because I've seen people give up recently on that last rep so I could relate.

my post didnt imply that but whatever 
laugh.gif

i def agree with you on pushing out that last rep so its cool

Fellas, I'm looking to get some knee sleeves and I see good things about Rehband and SBD. Should I spend the extra $10 or so to get the SBDs instead of the Rehbands? Are they noticeably better?

Edit: And are there any other brands I should be looking at?

Last edited:
Fellas, I'm looking to get some knee sleeves and I see good things about Rehband and SBD. Should I spend the extra $10 or so to get the SBDs instead of the Rehbands? Are they noticeably better?
SBD are the best no doubt, I haven't tried Strong sleeves but I don't see how they could be any better. I've had my one pair for almost 3 years and they still look brand new.

SBD are the best no doubt, I haven't tried Strong sleeves but I don't see how they could be any better. I've had my one pair for almost 3 years and they still look brand new.

I've heard they can get pretty gnarly smelling. How often do you wash yours?

Y'all don't have squat racks with the little hooks on the front? Great for deadlift loading/deloading. These are typically empty as dudes prefer the full racks for some reason.

o.jpg

Last edited:
Hodge twins recommend squatting sets of 20-25 reps to get those leg gains. Thoughts?

[Video] [/Video]

Last edited:
I actually think that dude she try heavier weight, lower rep range before jumping into that. If he can do 315 for 12 he should be able to add more for 5. Add as much weight as you can handle for 5x5, then add 5lbs the next session and tell me you won't struggle and see the gains.

Last edited:
Hodge twins recommend squatting sets of 20-25 reps to get those leg gains. Thoughts?
I act agree with them... kinda. Back then I would do 5x5 for the squats but my legs still looked the same... I got my strength up but my quads werent growing much. It wasnt until I started mixing in high reps 8-15 when my legs act got bigger. But that cold be said for a lot of work outs.

Have they even made any gainz lately? Ive never taken them seriously.
Na they lost gains man 
laugh.gif
 I dont even think they frequent the gym as much anymore. their more business savvy and focuses on stand up comedy now + eating junk food.

they have a new vid out where they try to see how much they can rep 225 on the flat.. they got like 18... like a year ago they were doing 15 reps with 245 on the incline bench.

lost all kindz of gainz.

imo this was when they were at their biggest.

now:

still a fan of them though. learned a lot and they act motivated me to start working out lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom