STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Need some opinions y'all. My bench is terrible. Poverty terrible. I've come a long way from where I started to where I can squat 225 5x5, DL 285 2x5. But I can only bench like 5 reps one plate. I've been doing a lot of accessories (flies, hammer machine,cable crossover) but I don't see much improvement. Thoughts?

Posted this before but this honestly worked wonders for me. My diet was on point too.

Also, do more dips, skullcruchers, and incline dumb bell press.

Anyone flip tires?

Thinking about adding that into dl day or maybe squat day, because being loud is fun.

Anyone flip tires?

Thinking about adding that into dl day or maybe squat day, because being loud is fun.

I do and don't do it on squat days.

That's a full boy workout. And you have to make sure you lift it correctly or you'll either pull something or fool around and be under the tire :lol:

Do shoes really matter that much, if you're not putting up big boy weight? I go to the gym to hoop but like to knock out some squats / DLs regularly. I might just rep out 185 to 225 on squats, and work up to repping out 315 on DLs...i wear bball shoes, figure its not like im squatting 400. Am i doin it wrong?

Do shoes really matter that much, if you're not putting up big boy weight? I go to the gym to hoop but like to knock out some squats / DLs regularly. I might just rep out 185 to 225 on squats, and work up to repping out 315 on DLs...i wear bball shoes, figure its not like im squatting 400. Am i doin it wrong?

shoes do matter...atleast for me.

Anyone flip tires?

I do and don't do it on squat days.

That's a full boy workout. And you have to make sure you lift it correctly or you'll either pull something or fool around and be under the tire :lol:

Word. Maybe I'll do them on dl day then. Dl, flip tire, pull-ups and shrugs.

I was flipping them for a second today. I got the form fine. Felt good.

Last edited:
Anyone else got a problem with controlling the urge to rub one out when you get home after a gym session?

I don't know if it's the pre workout, the whey, or what. But I be on 4hunned when I get back home after an intense workout

Not at all.
A good amount of people do squats and DL barefoot.

Allergies kicking my ***. Just wanna sleep and feel hella lazy but na ima still go and get it.

#NOEXCUSES!

Anyone else got a problem with controlling the urge to rub one out when you get home after a gym session?

I don't know if it's the pre workout, the whey, or what. But I be on 4hunned when I get back home after an intense workout

working out raises your level of testosterone, fact. Testosterone boosts your sex drive, fact.

Build good habits from the start, shoes with too much cushion (running shoes/basketball shoes) may cause you to pronate/supinate your feet, leads up to the ankles, hips, etc. Creates bad movement patterns and issues down the road.

Ball in kobes
Squat in kobes
Dl in kobes
Style in kobes
Run in kobes
Kobes are life

[emoji]128517[/emoji] a lot of times i squat in kobe 6s cuz i feel like theyre pretty flat, not crazy cushioning compared to some of my brons.

Im finna cop a cheap pair of chucks.

Can yall critique what i just did today on back squats. As for my goals, not overly concerned about weight, wanting to improve hops/explosiveness. Warmed up basketball.

135 x10, 165 x8, 195x 8, 225 x5, 225 x4, 225 x3, 185 x6, 185x6, 135 x10, 135 x10

Followed with a grip of medicine ball jump throws that i just learned about, they are :pimp:
Finished with some plyometrics, calf raises, and stair climber

Last edited:
Might have to get my knees looked at. I grew up with growing disease in the knees but that went away with time. Through the years I've hit my knees on stuff that idk how I haven't broken something in there. 3 weeks ago I smacked my right knee trying to get into a pickup at work. Hit the space directly under the knee cap.

Now when I squat I get knee pain and some pain every now and then during the day.

It's like tdogg and I were created for the sole purpose to disagree with each other :lol:

#foreverenemies
#wewillalwayshaveteamcap

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom