STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yeah man I loved them, definitely going to be in my program from now on.

Down 3 more pounds this week, be nice to be 240 by end of July.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 
laugh.gif

Gonna feel back day tomorrow.

Dl 315x5 then 275 5x5 not including my warm up.
lots of pull-ups
Shrugs 205 3x8

Anyone here do intermittent fasting ? If so how were the results.

youll see results fast however you gotta really becareful and carry water with you at all times...or else youd probably end up passing out as you walk around during the day lol.

Gonna feel back day tomorrow.

Dl 315x5 then 275 5x5 not including my warm up.
lots of pull-ups
Shrugs 205 3x8

I had to move DL from leg day to back day. DL plus squats and leg press kept leaving me damn near crippled for a week :lol:

Yeah man, I do dl, chest day + rest day after then squat. My squats are garbage if I don't rest up. I lose like 40# off my squats if my lower back is already tired.

Ordered a pioneer belt. We'll see how long it takes.

Last edited:
Need some opinions y'all. My bench is terrible. Poverty terrible. I've come a long way from where I started to where I can squat 225 5x5, DL 285 2x5. But I can only bench like 5 reps one plate. I've been doing a lot of accessories (flies, hammer machine,cable crossover) but I don't see much improvement. Thoughts?

I have been hence the rise in my other numbers! I was 165 last summer I'm at 185 now. Yeah some of Otis fat but it's mostly muscle. Maybe form is off? Idk

I have been hence the rise in my other numbers! I was 165 last summer I'm at 185 now. Yeah some of Otis fat but it's mostly muscle. Maybe form is off? Idk

What part of the bench do you struggle with? Getting it off your chest or locking out at the top?

Most likely form. But some other things to try as well......

1. When doing each rep, reallllly focus on the eccentric (coming down) part of your lift. Try and make that part longer, like at least 5 seconds. If you're used to cranking each rep out as fast as possible, you might have to lower the weight to be able to do those longer eccentric reps. Do this for about a week or 2 then go back to how you were doing them to see if you made any gains

2. Make sure your scapula is retracted and depressed during your lift. Puff that chest out and hold posture through all of your reps. You might be using bad form, which means recruiting the wrong muscles during the lift. Remember your primary movers should be your pectoralis major and anterior delts, with your triceps brachii acting as a synergist. Nothing else should be working significantly.

3. Maybe try working on dumbbell bench presses for a bit. Since each arm is separate, it forces you to eliminate over compensation in a single arm, which is what could be responsible for your bad form.

Just some options to try out. It sounds like you've done lots of other chest exercises. Your DL and squat numbers seem pretty high, so yeah in my opinion your bench should be right up there as well. Any shoulder injuries in your past?

I've improved my bench immensely by doing dips, flat bench and incline db.

Once a week just go in. Bench until you can't feel your chest. If you can't rep out 135 rep 125. After you can't bench anymore go to incline db or even flat. You'll get stronger regardless. Once you've done that do dips, tricep and chest.

Don't worry about pec deck, cables or none of that. Those don't make you stronger. If you're going for strength it's barbells and Dumbbells.

Form form form. It has helped my bench a ton. From where I grab the bar, to foot position.
And yes push ups will help a lot too.

I've improved my bench immensely by doing dips, flat bench and incline db.

Once a week just go in. Bench until you can't feel your chest. If you can't rep out 135 rep 125. After you can't bench anymore go to incline db or even flat. You'll get stronger regardless. Once you've done that do dips, tricep and chest.

Don't worry about pec deck, cables or none of that. Those don't make you stronger. If you're going for strength it's barbells and Dumbbells.

This.

Back
Top Bottom