STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I have no reference level because I only squat barefoot or vans but I actually like it and they're cheap or free.

Yeah I feel you. Chucks are my go to lifting shoe.

It's just the sneakerhead in me that wants some cool Nikes. If footwear was truly an issue with my squat I probably would've caved by now.

Nah nothing wrong with it. I just don't give a damn. I'm also known to lift in a swim suit when I have no clean laundry. :lol: I'll get an inzer one day maybe but that's about it.

I have to be squatting 405 before I allow myself to get a belt though. Not trying to have a frail core.

Last edited:

I don't know how people squat heavy in chucks, not stable enough for me.
Our "heavy" is your warm up sets  
embarassed.gif

Speaking of which, some girl definitely thought I was trying to steal her PowerBeats2s. I was warming up (foam rolling, stretching and whatnot) before my squat session tonight. I was alone in the area--no one was there when I started and I was just about finished. So I headed downstairs to the squat rack. On my way down I notice that someone left a pair of Beats on the mats so I pick them up with the intention to turn them in to the front desk. Now I was doing all my stretching and foam rolling in my socks because I came to the gym in some slides. Before I head downstairs I take my Chucks out of my bag and start lacing them up. While I'm doing this, this girl comes over to me and asks me, "Hey have you seen a pair of Beats earphones? They look just like those." (She points at the pair that are by my feet and gives me the dirtiest look). I just say, "Oh yeah, here you go, I was just taking them down to the desk." Her sustained glare told me she didn't believe me though.

I should've just kept them and told her they were mine...
mean.gif

Our "heavy" is your warm up sets  :wow: .

Speaking of which, some girl definitely thought I was trying to steal her PowerBeats2s. I was warming up (foam rolling, stretching and whatnot) before my squat session tonight. I was alone in the area--no one was there when I started and I was just about finished. So I headed downstairs to the squat rack. On my way down I notice that someone left a pair of Beats on the mats so I pick them up with the intention to turn them in to the front desk. Now I was doing all my stretching and foam rolling in my socks because I came to the gym in some slides. Before I head downstairs I take my Chucks out of my bag and start lacing them up. While I'm doing this, this girl comes over to me and asks me, "Hey have you seen a pair of Beats earphones? They look just like those." (She points at the pair that are by my feet and gives me the dirtiest look). I just say, "Oh yeah, here you go, I was just taking them down to the desk." Her sustained glare told me she didn't believe me though.

I should've just kept them and told her they were mine...:smh:
You shoulda said "depends. How's your squat form?"

Man you're a good guy.

Someone def jacked my powerbeats2

Ive been without headphones for two weeks now

And too broke to cop a replacement pair

Cop some of those jvc 10 dollar ear buds. They are nice for the price. Mine are like 3 years old and still fine.

Any rec for over earlobe like the powerbeats? The apple ones can never stay in

Get the Xiaomi pistons for $15 shipped. Find an authorized retailer cause there's a bunch of fakes out (don't know why for $15 earphones).

Get the Xiaomi pistons for $15 shipped. Find an authorized retailer cause there's a bunch of fakes out (don't know why for $15 earphones).

How are they in terms of sweat resistance? My last pair of wireless earbuds got effed up cause I'm a sweaty MFer. Rocking cheap wired Panasonic's from Target, but going back to Bluetooth would be nice.

any bros got any tips on lower blood pressure ? my bp has been up the last 3 days usually its 120/78 put its been 165/92 on average the past few. any foods and specific workouts i can do to bring it back down i def don't want to be put on medicine . 

any bros got any tips on lower blood pressure ? my bp has been up the last 3 days usually its 120/78 put its been 165/92 on average the past few. any foods and specific workouts i can do to bring it back down i def don't want to be put on medicine . 
centering, meditation, breathing exercises

Are you active? Stressed?

Also high sodium foods are one of the main reason for high BP

centering, meditation, breathing exercises
will try 
Are you active? Stressed?

Also high sodium foods are one of the main reason for high BP
I've been jogging for about 45 mins every other day but i plan to be a little more active starting today , I've been watching what I've been eating i don't use salt at all and don't do any fast food , haven't had a soda in a month either . the only reason i noticed it was up was due to going to the dentist for a cleaning and checking it there . 

I've been jogging for about 45 mins every other day but i plan to be a little more active starting today , I've been watching what I've been eating i don't use salt at all and don't do any fast food , haven't had a soda in a month either . the only reason i noticed it was up was due to going to the dentist for a cleaning and checking it there . 
Your dentist checks BP??

Definitely consider adding weight training to your routine. Blood pressure spikes during the weight training but studies have shown it has beneficial effects for hypertension in the long term.

Back
Top Bottom