STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

For the crossfit heads in here, how do yall approach Murph?

We did a 1/4 murph last night for our WOD and I broke it up into 5-10-15 (5 sets). I zipped through it.

I know the full Murph WOD is a different kind of beast, but I was curious as to how you guys fared when doing it in the past, or of there is anything you'd change up going in to it this year.

20 rounds of Cindy.

5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats

However, I think people are going to do it without partitioning because "that's how they did it at the CF Games".

Anyone use a different belt for squats and deadlifts?

My inzer is way too thick and wide for my body to use for deadlifts. It really restricts my mobility, making for way more uncomfortable pulls than when I pull beltless.

My inzer is way too thick and wide for my body to use for deadlifts. It really restricts my mobility, making for way more uncomfortable pulls than when I pull beltless.
I thought I was the only one. Last week I DL with a belt after lifting heavy belt less for so long. My back actually hurt afterward to the point I had to see my chiro

#teamnobelt

Last edited:
going to Los campeopnes tonight. I wish I could join but the hours don't suit me. Nothing but dudes throwing on belts squatting/dl big and yelling at each other with buckets of chalk everywhere. :lol:

I use my lever for squats and double prong for deads
Quit lying. You're sniffing 2k...

Calories per meal
laugh.gif
Thats not very nice 
embarassed.gif

For the crossfit heads in here, how do yall approach Murph?

We did a 1/4 murph last night for our WOD and I broke it up into 5-10-15 (5 sets). I zipped through it.

I know the full Murph WOD is a different kind of beast, but I was curious as to how you guys fared when doing it in the past, or of there is anything you'd change up going in to it this year.

20 rounds of Cindy.

5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats

However, I think people are going to do it without partitioning because "that's how they did it at the CF Games".

At open gym this weekend, I think I'll try Cindy just to gauge how I'd do in 20 min.

Gym I just came from had no less than 10 dudes on the pr board with 800+ deadlifts. I got to go there more often. So much more motivating and everyone is cool as hell and actually about lifting vs quarter squatting at a commercial gym.

Hit three pause squats at 265 tonight at the end of my back squat part of my workout.

Last edited:
About how long does it take to go from forcing yourself to get up to workout to doing it naturally?

I know the first two self weeks tend to be the toughest when you sit out awhile

I never have to force it. I like doing it. Better than staring at a tv at night. If I don't go because I can't make the gym for some reason I don't trip because plenty of weeks I go 6x.

I never have to force it. I like doing it. Better than staring at a tv at night. If I don't go because I can't make the gym for some reason I don't trip because plenty of weeks I go 6x.

Yeah same here. Getting in the gym is never an issue because it meets sitting alone watching TV all night :frown: I like the environment.

Staying focused some times is another problem :lol:

I have to be at work at 7:30 so I'm already waking up at like 6. No way I could wake up at 4:30-5 to workout. I do hate going during the peak after work hours though. Hard as hell to get a bench on Mondays smh.

Respeck. I just cant make myself do it early mornings.
i just have a ton more energy in the morning. I've always been a morning person. Plus i loathe the crowds and rush for equipment.

Plus amel knows what this old age does to our patience.

I havent been to the gym after 1 pm mon-thursday since last december.

I have to be at work at 7:30 so I'm already waking up at like 6. No way I could wake up at 4:30-5 to workout. I do hate going during the peak after work hours though. Hard as hell to get a bench on Mondays smh.
I go during peak hours...When i used to lift more regularly, Mondays had to be leg day or maybe back. Everyone doing chest on Monday [emoji]128515[/emoji]

Been waking up at 530 or 6 every morning just to go workout before work

With my previous job, I used to wake up at 4 to go do fasted cardio and then I would hit the gym at night. Now with my new job I wake up at 6 and then hit the gym at night. by 3-4pm I'm in need of a srs nap but coffee helps a lot.

Last edited:
Naw the only time im doing 2 a days is if im preparing for a show. But even then inwould just wake up do my fasted then. Hit the gym for weights at like 2

Back
Top Bottom