STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Finally getting back to form after a couple of false starts. Decided to take my health seriously and a couple months ago started waking up at 4am, 5 days a week to hit the gym before work. I have a gym in the center of the condos I live in, so I had no more excuses. Feels good to be close to what I know should look like. Got into a relationship, got lazy and fell off. I'm back though.

After the holidays, I'm going to figure out how to lower my body fat. My abs are starting to show, but I have some work left to do. This was all done with diet and exercise btw. No supplements or anything.

Good ****. Ditto on that relationship/lazy combo. That **** came at me hard :lol: sucks man

took a pic of myself on friday and i really need to shed some fat. look ok with a t-shirt but i have no definition [emoji]128557[/emoji] nice being stronger but i'm starting to get winded walking to the bathroom at work.
i'll probably start after thanksgiving though [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
I never understood when people use getting in a relationship for an excuse to not working out. It's like, cool, you got drafted, now you're gonna stop practicing. Unless the chick is lazy and doesn't work out, why stop...

I never understood when people use getting in a relationship for an excuse to not working out. It's like, cool, you got drafted, now you're gonna stop practicing. Unless the chick is lazy and doesn't work out, why stop...
This^
if anything I probably work out just as hard if not harder.
I can understand going out more, or netflix and chilling more. but that only makes me work out harder because I know I'm eating more

My ol lady is lazy and doesn't work out |I. Any tips to get her in the gym?

fat shame her in to going...............

just kidding/ just tell her how important health is to you, and you want her to be around forever or at least not die to being unhealthy

My girl has been naturally fine her whole life and is out here coasting on genetics. She would be amazing IF she took working out/diet seriously, but :smh:

So in my case it wasn't so much an excuse as my lady would hit me with the old "skip the gym and stay home with me/you still look buff" two step combo. Had me believing it until my mom straight up told me I'm fat and she's never seen me out of shape in my life.

So of course, now that I'm back on my game, my girlfriend thinks it's to get new females. :lol: :smh: I mean there ARE some bad ones at work that make it clear they admire, but I've been faithful.

Last edited:
My girl has been naturally fine her whole life and is out here coasting on genetics. She would be amazing IF she took working out/diet seriously, but :smh:

So in my case it wasn't so much an excuse as my lady would hit me with the old "skip the gym and stay home with me/you still look buff" two step combo. Had me believing it until my mom straight up told me I'm fat and she's never seen me out of shape in my life.
l.

I completely know what you're saying, my ex was like that.... natrually not a big person, but would always try to prevent me from going to the gym..
like yOu can take 1 day off it wont kill you.

if it was up to her i'd be a fat blobbering mess. what made it so bad would stay hyping my head up tho...

My girl has been naturally fine her whole life and is out here coasting on genetics. She would be amazing IF she took working out/diet seriously, but
mean.gif

So of course, now that I'm back on my game, my girlfriend thinks it's to get new females.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
I mean there ARE some bad ones at work that make it clear they admire, but I've been faithful.
I know girls like that 
laugh.gif

We have it different, I know dudes that are naturally strong and have good genetics but naturally have a nice physique , nah you gotta put in that work somehow 

Just let her know that father time is a grimey dude and she is going to hit that wall

It's not that I'm uzing if as an excuse, but between work, school and hanging out with her I'm tired as hell when I get home. Trying to get back on my grind though.

It's not that I'm uzing if as an excuse, but between work, school and hanging out with her I'm tired as hell when I get home. Trying to get back on my grind though.

I'm not sure you know what an excuse is :lol:

Because all of those things are excuses :lol:

Exactly

I dont care if youre the president of the United States, you can make time to workout for an hour a few days x week, or even 30 mins.

I want to cut but every time I cut I feel weaker so I just end up eating more anyway

Idk if it's mental or not

Vicious cycle lol

I need to increase my cardio a bit

It was easier to stay lean with crossfit, but now that I'm exclusively weightlifting..

Last edited:
I'm not sure you know what an excuse is :lol:

Because all of those things are excuses :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I want to cut but every time I cut I feel weaker so I just end up eating more anyway
Idk if it's mental or not
Vicious cycle lol
I need to increase my cardio a bit
It was easier to stay lean with crossfit, but now that I'm exclusively weightlifting..

I wake up early and just do fasted cardio. I know its getting colder but I also have a treadmill in the house...
try that man.

Friday I weighed in at 155lbs again and managed to squat 255lbs for 5x5. Felt pretty good to get back to a hundred lbs over my weight after a rough restart.

Followed by driving from Austin to just outside of Mexico and back the next day. Goodbye sweet hip mobility, I feel wrecked today.

Last edited:
A bunch of dudes is maxing out at 350 plus pounds on the squat and my oly coach jumped in like it was nothing lmaoooooooooo

I just love it. I wanna be on that beast mode level. All the crossfit dudes was flexing and screaming at the top of their lungs and my dude just jumped in and made it casual.

I can't even deadlift that weight, yet

Yeah me too. My bench game is weak af. Once I'm repping 225 I'll be happy for my size. Deadlift is coming along nice and my squat isn't far behind. Basically another year I might be beasting. :lol:

I take it slow with those lifts. Not trying to mess myself up.

Used to work out with 225 lbs (3 sets of 12, then the last 8 or 10 reps) on bench a couple years ago. I just push 4 sets of 12 with 190 now.

Back
Top Bottom