STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

If youre squatting heavy, say 3 plates at the least then the Romes would probably be better. Otherwise Metcons would be more than good enough.

Last edited:

This is kinda like saying, (insert basketball shoe brand here) is only good if you're dunking.

Romaleos will help anyone of any level.

Fair enough but the difference isnt enough to affect most people. In basketball its either you can dunk or not until you work for it, and for some its just not possible.

Mets are good enough for any lifter, very stable shoe. The heel drop is that much of a difference? Meh most people wont notice it.

I agree, though I usually wear Elite socks so it doesnt bother me too mch. I have the adidas Powerlifts and they are great for squatting but suck for DL's. Otherwise its kinda uncomfortable.

Question for you guys. When you do a cable row, does your torso move (like the video below) or do you stay upright the entire movement?

Nah. I'm not goat lifter at all, but I keep a slight lean back with a straight spine and just pull back and pinch my shoulder blades. I don't move my back except when I pull it back and set up my posture or whatever.

Last edited:
I know it's been brought up a bunch of times but what wrist straps are yall using or does it not really matter? I went back a few pages and gave up.

I agree, though I usually wear Elite socks so it doesnt bother me too mch. I have the adidas Powerlifts and they are great for squatting but suck for DL's. Otherwise its kinda uncomfortable.
Thought you was supposed to deadlift flat footed?

Last edited:
Thought you was supposed to deadlift flat footed?

Exactly why Powerlifts and such suck for deadlifting. I would feel myself rolling forward but I dont feel that with Metcons.

Btw ive been having a tight/pain lower back every morning the past week after I just recovered but I foam rolled quite a bit during my chest workout last night and I woke up this morning feeling GREAT. Needless to say I foam rolled a lot during my back workout I just finished. :smokin

Last edited:
It's just a different feeling. Weightlifters use Romaleos and adipowers all the time. The first part of the pull for cleans and snatches are basically deadlifts.

It's just a different feeling. Weightlifters use Romaleos and adipowers all the time. The first part of the pull for cleans and snatches are basically deadlifts.

I know you a big lifter...

How often do you work on pull exercises and your deficit pulls on a plate?

I do pull + whatever movement (clean, clean+jerk, or snatch) 4x 1+1 (2x)

Oh naaah, I'm not big at all. I don't lift that much either.

I pull twice a week it seems like. Snatch pulls off the ground once a week and clean pulls once a week too.

I've never done it off the blocks. Though I should.

Oh okay.

I WOD for an hour and the. 2 hours I lift. Half hours on skills.(muscle-ups, hspu, pistol squats, etc) Powerlifting only on Fridays.

6 days a week I train.

Funny I do this and Thrusters are still my weakness. That's a full fledge workout in itself

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom