STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Peanut Butter cups are okay, not that great. Dont expect a Reese's. :lol:

Chips have great macros but they feel like air. You need a whole handful to get a satisfying "bite".

Are calves like biceps where doing squats (back exercises) and such work them out enough where you dont have to put too much work with them?

I think it depends. My calves always sucked. I used to do a lot of calf exercises about 2 days a week. I tried low volume, heavy, high volume lighter, single leg, both legs, blindfolded, whatever, but saw minimal progress.

In the last 2-3 years they've grown fairly well and are somewhat decent now compared to before. Thing is, it's literally been about 3 years since I've done a calf-raise. Just do a lot of squats, deadlifts, different variations of each, some lunges and split squats here and there but that's it. Not sure what to attribute the growth to to be honest because I did a lot of squats and deadlifts before anyway. Maybe they just took longer to catch up?

Peanut Butter cups are okay, not that great. Dont expect a Reese's.
laugh.gif

Chips have great macros but they feel like air. You need a whole handful to get a satisfying "bite".
Tried the sea salt quest chips..
sick.gif
Quest Chips are one of the worst proteins products of all time.

It MIGHT be aight as a breading.

Just started deadlifting again and was very happy with how my hammies held up given one is literally handicapped. Fun to have another thing to work up.

Never scrape my shins though I make sure to push my knees back (extend) as my shoulders also rise. no hook/over under grip either.

Creatine really does make a difference wow. Was the last thing left for me to try and besides being to throw a few more pounds onto **** it also helps with hangovers. Like a reservoir of water in my mahsooles when I wake up crappy

Any of yall follow Jim Jones on instagram? Dude has the worst form on practically everything from squats to isolation movements

:lol:

His squat and bench don't look bad.

Deadlifts and curls on the other hand....

edit: lat pulldowns pretty poor too

He seems like a pretty strong dude though.

Last edited:
Any of yall follow Jim Jones on instagram? Dude has the worst form on practically everything from squats to isolation movements

laugh.gif

Squat was really that bad

It did look like he wanted to upright row on that deadlift tho 
laugh.gif

Not throwing shade to anyone who has it, but that body type looks fat to me. 

Lean > 
He has the body type of someone who recreationally lifts as well as eats whatever they want and smoke diesel .... which is prolly exactly what he does 
laugh.gif

I wouldnt call that fat, He aint beach ready, but he aint fat either

Heads up guys 30% site wide at GNC with code winback302015

Repped. Was running low on protien so this was right on time. Says I got a free thing of pro bcaa with purchase of any ON product. What are bcaa's used for exactly? Sorry I'm a supplement noob

Dont think his squat was too too bad, deadlift could use a lot of work but not terrible, and his bench looked fine to me.

Dudes always had that puffed up look.

:lol:

Squat was really that bad

It did look like he wanted to upright row on that deadlift tho :lol:

If thats a really bad squat id enjoy seeing one of your squat videos. I feel like we can all learn something from a video like that.

jim jones looks like he packed on a good amount of muscle. i'm always suspicious of celebs using AAS. his light squat looked good to me though.

I've seen much worse in the gym. Looks like someone who didn't bother with legs for the first 5-10 years in the gym and now they're playing catch-up. Jimmys deadlift is gonna be the death of him tho

I've been trying to incorporate a deadlift in my workout for a while now.  A little intimidated to be honest.

Seeing a lot of talk about the deadlift in here. Good stuff. One of my favorite exercises. I do it twice a week. I just bought some Fat Gripz and I'm going to test them out this coming week on the deadlift.

Not throwing shade to anyone who has it, but that body type looks fat to me. 

Lean > 
You cant be serious. If that is fat than your version of lean is just skinny. 

Looking like you lift>

Also some of you form gurus should post a video of you lifting....

Last edited:
You cant be serious. If that is fat than your version of lean is just skinny. 

Looking like you lift>

Also some of you form gurus should post a video of you lifting....
Jimmy looks pretty buff. His trainer tho. He looks good. He's buff.

If thats a really bad squat id enjoy seeing one of your squat videos. I feel like we can all learn something from a video like that.
I think dude meant to type "squat wasn't that bad." Just based on the context.

The only lifts that looked poor were his deads, curls, and a little bit of sway to his lat pulldowns.

Bench and squat form looked fine.

Back
Top Bottom