STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

To give whoever wasn't understanding my post on the last page a better idea of what I'm talking about, let's look at the starting strength picture

I was talking during the last page about having the hips up higher and having the shoulders over the bar more. Like the man on the right. The man on the right will have a pretty straight bar path, with the bar close lightly touching or very close to touching the shins .

But some people kinda deadlift like they're squatting, and so they might have their deadlift setup more like the man in the middle, with the hips down more. Look how much more of the bar goes through the legs. You'll be pulling the bar into the shins. You might even find that you have to swing the bar away to get around the knee - I've had this habit for a long time.

If you're having od bloody shin problems, you might just find that changing your setup will fix your problems. It did for me.

Now I'm not saying you have to change your setup from a vertical to a more horizontal position. I'm sure lots of people flourish with a more hips down approach. And probably why we see a lot of strong people with shin scrapes. It's a personal preference thing.

Last edited:
i'm assuming anyone who says Pumpkin quest bars are good either have an extreme sweet tooth and just loves candy.
Or have been hard dieting and just grateful for something sweet.

talked to some people who are die hard quest fans and they even hate the pumpkin spice

:smokin

I dont even have a sweet tooth like that and I dont crave pumpkin anything during the fall season so im surprised I like these so much.

Last edited:
Aight Imma buy a pumpkin joint today. 12 gs of fat is not that good tho b.

What do you guys incorporate into your leg day?

I normally just hit squats, front squats, leg extension, hamstring curls and calf raises

Looking to switch things up a little. Hate lunges btw

What do you guys incorporate into your leg day?

I normally just hit squats, front squats, leg extension, hamstring curls and calf raises

Looking to switch things up a little. Hate lunges btw
When I get bored I add in jumps, good mornings, hack squats, and jump squats

I try to do the adduction/abduction machines, box jumps, and gonna add stairmaster to my routine. I dislike lunges as well but I try to do a set or two anyway.

Dieting? Naw, I am conscious of what I eat but no diet. I like em as a snack and the protein obviously is the biggest plus.

My pumpkin pie quest bars finally came in today. I'd rate them a 7.5/10. They're good, but not amazing.

Screw a diet. :lol: not about that life.

For leg day I do a lot of what you guys said and I throw in calf raises. If you can find a calf raise machine you can really make them burn. Or just grab some big *** Dumbbells.

Are calves like biceps where doing squats (back exercises) and such work them out enough where you dont have to put too much work with them?

Last edited:
Idk. It's like half genetic I hear but mine were extra small and I just got on them like 2 months ago and it's a night and day difference. I'm not packing huge calves but at least my *** and thighs aren't all swole with tiny calves anymore.

Last edited:
I picked up a cookies and cream along with the chocolate peanut butter one today. They had like 15-20 boxes of the pumpkin pie, each bar is 2.50 and a case is 26.00. They had a ton of different flavors. I put the cookies and cream one in the microwave for 10 seconds for the first time. I'll be doing that from now on. Has anyone ever had the quest peanut butter cups I'm tempting to go grab a pack along with some other different flavors to try out . I'm going to see if they will let me build my own case with different flavors.

Did a session of higher rep DL yesterday. Been awhile since I feltmy lower back and legs sore like this. Waiting to see how tomorrow feels. 2nd-3rd day is always the worst for me 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom