STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Does anyone else dig their toes in downward when squating? So that you don't just stay back on your heels like is popularly told? Am I the only one who likes doing that?

I've started working out and then quit after a couple weeks, I think my major thing is lacking determination. Does anybody else have a personal trainer? How effective do you think they are?

Does anyone else dig their toes in downward when squating? So that you don't just stay back on your heels like is popularly told? Am I the only one who likes doing that?

Your whole foot should solidly be anchored to the ground, you just push through your heels. So that's not a bad thought, it just sounds funky lol

Wassup Ju where you been homie?

I use the competition soles. They work great.
Had to handle some stuff at home that forced me to leave my job so i've been dealing with that. Going to train local athletes at home in the meantime before going back into to college coaching next spring/summer or staying in the private sector. 

Thanks. Thats what i've been using in the first couple of wears.

Your whole foot should solidly be anchored to the ground, you just push through your heels. So that's not a bad thought, it just sounds funky lol

The reason I thought I'd mention it is cause everyone's seems to like these listings shoes. And I believe they give you a downward slope? If I'm not mistaken?

I try to imagine using my big toe/toes as a way to create roots to the ground. Everyone wants their weight on their heels sure. It feels stable but I like using my toes to take a little weight forward and get my quads a little more work to do. At least that's my anecdote.

I did that whole "shrug, roll your shoulders back, abd drop it" to lock your shoulders in.

I benched for the first time without pain doing this. Amazing.

Same here.

>mfw after a pain free bench

for any of you guys experiencing shoulder pain from benching or have a strainer shoulder or whatever, check this out.

Shoulder rotator cuff exercises.

They work

Last edited:
Need pre-workout suggestions. Ideally something non-stim. Not a big fan of jitters.

day 3 of IF and it's been miserable except during feeding time. just gotta power through the week.
the difference this time is that i'm not working out early in the morning. i workout from 1-2 and my feeding window starts at 2. so basically i'm working out at 1am when my last meal was at 9pm the night before. probably not the smartest way to go but i'll ride it out for a bit and see if i adjust.

Man .. :smh:

Mine is 2-8, already looking at the time like is it 2 yet? Crazy thing is I'm not hungry I just want to eat :lol:

Are you eating extremely healthy too? I tried to convince myself to buy a pack of chicken breast and brown rice .. just went to Chipotle instead :smokin

Its perfect is you ask me, its just the sodium that kills it :smh:

Double chicken, brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, damn near 80g of protein :smokin

Last edited:
^ Chipotle isnt even that bad, calorie wise.

Its perfect is you ask me, its just the sodium that kills it :smh:

Double chicken, brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, damn near 80g of protein :smokin
True, my cals came out to around 685

I'm trying to find a way to eat healthy and save money at the same time. Of course I can go to Sam's Club and buy in bulk but it makes no sense if I know I'm never going to cook it.

Nutrition is definitely the hardest part

dude is asking for non-stim and you guys are suggesting coffee :lol:
hemavol is the most popular. tastes really good. i don't buy anything but stims anymore. pm me - i have 1 sample packet of hemavol on my desk i can send you.

pes snickerdoodle is pretty good. they just had an insider deal on their website for the new 5# tubs. was pretty cheap. less than $40 i think?

i'm not eating the most calorie-friendly foods. basically eating 2 meals and some light snacks. tonight i had some tortilla soup and 2 delicious grilled cheese sandwiches with havarti and parm. gonna go out for a little ice cream after :lol: we shall see how much i weigh on monday.

Anybody use MTS whey?

Im curious on the taste

Tried the caramel sutra flavor... not bad.

PES snickerdoodle is the best tasting protein out right now IMO... got 2 tubs for less than 50 on BB

they just had 55 serving tubs on the PES site for $38 free shipping if you bought 3 tubs.

stocked up and got 1 of each flavor, done with protein til spring.

Chocolate is delicious, Snickerdoodle is fantastic but im already sick of it :lol: great to cook with tho

heard CnC was the greatest CnC flavor ever so ill try it out tomorrow when my order arrives

How short are you? I'm 5' 9" and I haven't been that small since 9th grade...I got a solid build tho so 145 would have me looking crazy

Lol I am 5'4 so anywhere from 140-160 is good for me. I feel like 145 is my best basketball weight.

Spent most of my 20s in the 120-140 pound range actually. Then I started lifting and I got muscular fat for a little while. Got up to the 160s. Now I'm just mostly muscular but can't cut to below 150 anymore.

Last edited:
Lol I am 5'4 so anywhere from 140-160 is good for me. I feel like 145 is my best basketball weight.

I'm trying to put on weight too for basketball too lol.

5'6, 136 lbs
smh.

Just started a new program. See where it gets me in 12 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom