STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Might do IF just to shock my body a bit.

Though ive been a big supporter of eating a good breakfast to get my metabolism going. If I skip out on breakfast, wont this kinda just...slow my metabolism for the day?

In any case, im going to aim for 12pm/7pm meal time. Can you still consume a whey protein shake post workout and not "mess up" the IF?

Well if you consume the shake before 12 or after 7 pm then it's not IF

Deadlift day!!!!!!!!!!!!! going late night so its empty so i can be slightly obnoxious with pacing back and forth in between sets and getting some box jumps in

Some motivation.  I forget where i heard it but some said something along the lines of it has to be vicious "Pull the bar off the ground like you were ripping the head off a lion" 

i'm stalling with my squat weight with SL 5x5.  Ready to mix it up a little bit.  Thinking of trying to perform 90 percent of my one-rep max for three to five sets for 1-2 reps once a week.  Think this will help the stall?

I've inched up enough in the program, I think I'm ready to throw something on the wall and see what sticks.  Thoughts?

i'm stalling with my squat weight with SL 5x5.  Ready to mix it up a little bit.  Thinking of trying to perform 90 percent of my one-rep max for three to five sets for 1-2 reps once a week.  Think this will help the stall?

I've inched up enough in the program, I think I'm ready to throw something on the wall and see what sticks.  Thoughts?
I would recommend a 10-20% deload then come back and see if you can progress. You could switch it up for a week or 2 and use Prilepin's chart for %/sets/reps. 

How long have you been using 5x5? I wouldn't switch programs if you haven't been running it for at least 1 year straight. Ive been using the 5x5 rep scheme for almost a year n half and have seen great results. 

Last edited:

I would recommend a 10-20% deload then come back and see if you can progress. You could switch it up for a week or 2 and use Prilepin's chart for %/sets/reps. 

How long have you been using 5x5? I wouldn't switch programs if you haven't been running it for at least 1 year straight. Ive been using the 5x5 rep scheme for almost a year n half and have seen great results. 
I've been doing this program since dec. 19th. (haven't set foot in a squat rack prior to that date)  Did a 10% deload three times now.  Maybe I'll try to do a 20% and see where it takes me.  Thanks for the reply, your by far the most helpful in this thread.

I've been doing this program since dec. 19th. (haven't set foot in a squat rack prior to that date)  Did a 10% deload three times now.  Maybe I'll try to do a 20% and see where it takes me.  Thanks for the reply, your by far the most helpful in this thread.
No problem bro, Ive done the 10% deloads before and I feel like they're not enough if your body really needs one. 

You could set it up as 5-6 week cycles, add weight for 4 weeks, test your 1RM week 5 then deload week 6. Or you could just add weight for 5 weeks then deload on the 6th. 

Ive made the mistake of just adding weight for long periods of time and not deloading which Im paying for a little bit now with some injuries. 

Last edited:
I been looking for a gym just to start at, don't like over crowded places like Planet fitness, ny sport club etc.
Its not like you can squat or DL at PF. 
laugh.gif

Smith machine doesnt count.
As long as its benign you can technically leave it alone but yeah if its bothering you then get it removed. 4 month wait though? Jeez.

Last edited:

Strep throat and sinus infection has had me FUBAR since last week. Haven't been in the gym since Thursday and been on a soup and wheat bread diet...hoping I can run a few pickup games on wednesday or at least get a decent back day in smh.
two of the worst things man

especially sinus infection especially if its really bad
mean.gif

have a feeling im gonna get 1-2 of em this winter
honestly can't breathe very well at all and my body just aches when I try to walk.

I attempted to get a run and hit some delts and bis but my body was not having it man. I'm in some rough shape right now, not seeing a huge different in physique even though I've lost weight lol...body feeling bloated with all the attempts to get complex carbs and the ton of soup lol.

I really hope I don't get anymore of these man and i hope you stay healthy bro.

Its not like you can squat or DL at PF. 
laugh.gif

Smith machine doesnt count.

As long as its benign you can technically leave it alone but yeah if its bothering you then get it removed. 4 month wait though? Jeez.
yeah they said they usually leave it alone unless it causes problems. but it hurts to lay down if the surface aint right or slouch down in a chair. 

yeah they said they usually leave it alone unless it causes problems. but it hurts to lay down if the surface aint right or slouch down in a chair. 
I have one behind my neck near the base of my skull, been had it for close to 5 years. Never bothered me and has stayed relatively the same size.

Didnt on Sunday, ill let you know after my shift today haha.

Though my 3 month old puppy's tooth caught my finger and drew blood yesterday. Did my researxh though, hes never been exposed or bitten by rabid/stray animals so no way does he have rabies. The vaccines a preventive measure in case he actually gets exposed to a rabid animal, cant just magically get it with no exposure.

Im good, damn hypo.

hey whatever happened to the guy who posted in here that was diagnosed with something serious (cant remember the exact illness) has he posted recently? hope hes okay

he posted yesterday/today or something. he has MS but seems to be going strong! his name is cinco? hope i don't have that info all wrong :smh:

yeah its @CincoSeisDos
 . Homie said he's doing fine last time a checked. SUPER positive attitude given the situation. I know I would be pissed off at the world if that happened to me. Best wishes homie, hope everything is going okay.

:D

How's it going bros?

I'm here, still gettin' it, yesterday was my 27th so we went out for dinner. Still in high spirits as i'm about to start school for a new career-path, planning to get into I.T.
The semester starts a week from Monday, so my minds there already. Currently getting some loose ends tied up until then. I lurk mainly since I forgot my PW and reset my phone, and that's how I primarily NT

Keep gettin' it bros :smokin

One of my buddies at another gym has been talking about this guy he's friends with. Says he's an ex navy seal / "government contractor" now, who can bench an ungodly volume of 225. Said he spotted him yesterday for a clean 51 reps. The kicker is that he claims natural. I reminded him the most reps in the 2014 Combine was 42. Told him to take a video or no one is going to believe it. He said he will next time as long as the guy is ok with it, and if not, he said I can come as a guest and see it with my own eyes. Either way it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

happy.gif

How's it going bros?

I'm here, still gettin' it, yesterday was my 27th so we went out for dinner. Still in high spirits as i'm about to start school for a new career-path, planning to get into I.T.
The semester starts a week from Monday, so my minds there already. Currently getting some loose ends tied up until then. I lurk mainly since I forgot my PW and reset my phone, and that's how I primarily NT

Keep gettin' it bros
smokin.gif
Damn. Didnt know you were diagnosed with that. Stay up man! I'm a little older than you but and I had cancer 5yrs ago and thankfully I've been free since. Most important thing is to stay positive and keep your head up when ish hits the fan. Good luck in your new career path as well.

And see ya at the Championship parade in November 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom