STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

IF is for hippies

Mike don't fear the scale, losing weight is easy. This will make you feel better. I weighed in at my meet on 6/14 at 196 and last Friday I was at 228, am I doing it right?

IF is for hippies

Mike don't fear the scale, losing weight is easy. This will make you feel better. I weighed in at my meet on 6/14 at 196 and last Friday I was at 228, am I doing it right?
:lol: it's a temporary thing. gonna at least attempt to lose some fat before my wedding in october. not for any particular reason though. we live together and have a kid.

Put a name card on one of the tables at the reception for BigBoss [emoji]128588[/emoji]

Might do IF just to shock my body a bit.

Though ive been a big supporter of eating a good breakfast to get my metabolism going. If I skip out on breakfast, wont this kinda just...slow my metabolism for the day?

In any case, im going to aim for 12pm/7pm meal time. Can you still consume a whey protein shake post workout and not "mess up" the IF?

IF is just a tool to manage calories and provide satiety. drinking a shake will break your fast but the only thing that matters is your total caloric intake for the day.

Might do IF just to shock my body a bit.

Though ive been a big supporter of eating a good breakfast to get my metabolism going. If I skip out on breakfast, wont this kinda just...slow my metabolism for the day?

In any case, im going to aim for 12pm/7pm meal time. Can you still consume a whey protein shake post workout and not "mess up" the IF?
Yeah, if you consume food, it's not really fasting. 

IF is just a tool to manage calories and provide satiety. drinking a shake will break your fast but the only thing that matters is your total caloric intake for the day.

This is how I use it, not worried about fasted training or anything else. Shake in the morning, moderate/heavy lunch or dinner depending on how I feel.

I already thought Dymatize had the best tasting whey on the market but that Gourmet Vanilla is just perfection. Have to stop myself from drinking it throughout the day cause it's so flippin tasty

I already thought Dymatize had the best tasting whey on the market but that Gourmet Vanilla is just perfection. Have to stop myself from drinking it throughout the day cause it's so flippin tasty
ewwwwwww. Syntha 6 is crack. But they say its not the greatest protein.....but I like it

Strep throat and sinus infection has had me FUBAR since last week. Haven't been in the gym since Thursday and been on a soup and wheat bread diet...hoping I can run a few pickup games on wednesday or at least get a decent back day in smh.

Strep throat and sinus infection has had me FUBAR since last week. Haven't been in the gym since Thursday and been on a soup and wheat bread diet...hoping I can run a few pickup games on wednesday or at least get a decent back day in smh.

two of the worst things man

especially sinus infection especially if its really bad :smh:

have a feeling im gonna get 1-2 of em this winter

Some of you may remember when I was asking about a "bump" on my back. It's about 2 inches in diameter, pretty big.

Went to the doctor today. Turns out it's just a cyst. They normally leave cysts alone but since this one is directly on my spine and is pretty big, doctor wanted to get it surgically removed. He said draining it just causes it to come back.

Going in tomorrow morning. Simple procedure. NO idea what to expect. He said they just cut it open and remove it. Hoping I'm not sidelined for too long. Hoping it doesn't require stitches or something. 

Pics for the beasts:

Last edited:
thanks for the spoiler. i'm not gonna click.
Lmao it aint that bad. You can hardly see it, my brother refused to take a good pic.

But yeah, I know it's just a simple procedure but I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't shook. Mainly due to it's location directly on my spine. 

lol ok i clicked it. looks like you're turning into a shark!

good luck on the surgery and i'm sure you'll be fine. even though it's over your spine, modern medicine is a miraculous thing man.

hey whatever happened to the guy who posted in here that was diagnosed with something serious (cant remember the exact illness) has he posted recently? hope hes okay

Last edited:
he posted yesterday/today or something. he has MS but seems to be going strong! his name is cinco? hope i don't have that info all wrong :smh:

yeah its @CincoSeisDos  . Homie said he's doing fine last time a checked. SUPER positive attitude given the situation. I know I would be pissed off at the world if that happened to me. Best wishes homie, hope everything is going okay.

Some of you may remember when I was asking about a "bump" on my back. It's about 2 inches in diameter, pretty big.

Went to the doctor today. Turns out it's just a cyst. They normally leave cysts alone but since this one is directly on my spine and is pretty big, doctor wanted to get it surgically removed. He said draining it just causes it to come back.

Going in tomorrow morning. Simple procedure. NO idea what to expect. He said they just cut it open and remove it. Hoping I'm not sidelined for too long. Hoping it doesn't require stitches or something. 
Told ya bro. It will most definitely require stiches. Mine was much smaller and it took 7 or so. You'll be out of the gym for at least a few or you'll bust it back open, especially with its location. Good luck man.

Back
Top Bottom