STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

roll.gif

Best is when people go OD on leg press and don't come anywhere close to a full range of motion.

HATE when dudes do this. Taking all the available 45s in the gym for leg press and calves and then going for 10% ROM for 30 mins straight :stoneface: :rolleyes Ask them to do a few sets of below parallel squats though, and they struggle with 135 pounds :lol:

Last edited:
If you go low enough on squats then theres no real reason to try and go knees to chest on leg press, at least I dont.

If you go low enough on squats then theres no real reason to try and go knees to chest on leg press, at least I dont.

I think what you meant to say is there's no reason to leg press...

Just kidding, but seriously lol

So I do squats twice a week. nothing else for lower body (I.e leg press, calf raises, etc). Am I doing it wrong feeling that I don't have to do anymore lower body exercises?

my sets are: (10 reps)

Thanks NT Fitness Brahs

id say add some calf but other than that i dont see the need to add anything else especially since you do them twice a week at a pretty heavy weight

Yeah I kind of agree here. I would rather spend the time/effort squatting.

So I do squats twice a week. nothing else for lower body (I.e leg press, calf raises, etc). Am I doing it wrong feeling that I don't have to do anymore lower body exercises?

my sets are: (10 reps)

Thanks NT Fitness Brahs
you get 10 rep sets at 365 twice a week? that's impressive.

I don't do anything other than squats and deadlifts to hit the lower body. That said, I'm not particularly concerned with bodybuilding as much as athletic function. I think if you want a Youtube bodybuilding career you need to preexhaust with high rep quad extensions.

id say add some calf but other than that i dont see the need to add anything else especially since you do them twice a week at a pretty heavy weight
I never got the appeal of specific calf work. I always end up cramping up when I need to sprint.

Only deadlift and squat crew :pimp:

Not hating on the leg press, just don't see the point, nothing can beat squatting

Only deadlift and squat crew :pimp:

Not hating on the leg press, just don't see the point, nothing can beat squatting

I want to get back into squatting and deadlifting again but my left lower back/hip area still hurts from few months ago. If I put enough pressure/weight on it I feel stingy pain. Would go to doctor but no insurance/money

Might just have to start using machines :x

Last edited:

Truuuuuuu

Just watched  Omar Isuf vid on the topic of no one cares what yoou can leg press 
laugh.gif

I second what Timbo said. You get 10 clean reps at 365?

Im not trying to tell you how to train but you could make some real solid strength gains if you changed up your rep scheme.

Last edited:
Drank way too much last night, and was super hungover this morning. Still managed to get a decent leg workout, but nowhere near my usual volume.

As for Leg Press, I only use it to pre-exhaust my legs. Squats are my 6th exercise on leg day, so my legs are cooked by the time I get there. That's why I don't bother going too heavy on squats often.

Back
Top Bottom