STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

LOL.

Physically working on your lower legs (calves, i presume) will improve them. If it means breaking up your splits to focus on isolating lower legs, so be it.

In some cases, genetics just might not be on your side. Like in mine, I bust my *** working for fuller calves, but they just don't shape up.

Full blown Johnny Drama calf envy of some other guys when im in the gym.
I work hard on them but its hard for me to build. Sucks. I'm making gains everywhere else but my calves.

laugh.gif

Richards sporting goods is having a huge sale on athletic apparel, bunch of stuff 50% off already marked down prices.. Nike/UA shirts and shorts from $10 after discounts.

What did you eat?

Typical breakfast- 1 whole egg, 4 egg whites, turkey bacon

Typical lunch- Chipotle or Moes bowl w/ double meat (chicken), black beans, brown rice, guac, tobacco, corn salsa, pico, cheese

Dinner- fish (trout, tilapia, salmon) or grilled chicken with brown rice, broccoli or spinach.

2 protein shakes a day, BCAA's, and fish oil.

Eliminated all grains, sugar, and alcohol (which was difficult). Also had sashimi twice a week for dinner.

Last edited:
What did you eat?

Typical breakfast- 1 whole egg, 4 egg whites, turkey bacon

Typical lunch- Chipotle or Moes bowl w/ double meat (chicken), black beans, brown rice, guac, tobacco, corn salsa, pico, cheese

Dinner- fish (trout, tilapia, salmon) or grilled chicken with brown rice, broccoli or spinach.

2 protein shakes a day, BCAA's, and fish oil.

Eliminated all grains, sugar, and alcohol (which was difficult). Also had sashimi twice a week for dinner.

I was about to ask you about breads but I saw the grains part. I think bread is the hardest thing for me. I've been substituting white bread for wheat. I thought wheat bread was good for you?

The clean bulk where you lose 4% and gain 13 lbs becomes a lot more difficult once you've trained for a while though. I agree though - for novice lifters, there's no need to go wild on the bulking right off the bat.

The clean bulk where you lose 4% and gain 13 lbs becomes a lot more difficult once you've trained for a while though. I agree though - for novice lifters, there's no need to go wild on the bulking right off the bat.

Just strictly speaking from a body composition stand point, it would be incredibly hard to gain weight and lose body fat if you're already in pretty good shape.

Before 6 month clean bulk 161 lbs

After 6 month clean bulk 174 lbs

I know I still have a long way to go

Awesome progress, man

Right now I'm pretty close to your before picture. I didn't start out with much so I've put on some muscle and strength especially in my chest and triceps. I'm actually trying to cut though at about the same calories you're eating. I'm 6'1 216 right now with a BF% in the high teens and I want to get to about 180 or so by spring/summer or whatever weight I'm at with 10-12% BF.

I think the best kind of bulk is a lean bulk. You gain size and minimal body fat. I think some people overdo the whole bulking thing and end up getting way too much extra bf. Then they have to waste a lot more time losing it.

Back
Top Bottom