STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Clearly says "Stay/Get back in shape" in the thread title. Unaware about it being bodybuilding specific, btw, there is a whole forum dedicated to that (bodybuilding.com).

As much as kipping gets knocked by the bodybuilding community, it is a legit gymnastic movement when done correctly.

There is terrible programming in Crossfit, just like 95% of the workouts posted on here. "I want to work on my flabby/manboobs chest." *proceeds to do a chest workout consisting of: flat, incline, dumbell flys, dumbells flat/incline, cables, etc* Bad programming. Most of the youtubers you guys follow are garbage, straight bro science. Like I said, Candito is the only one that I can take seriously.

Doing WOD's is not going to get you a "Crossfit body", programming needs to develop and evolve. You are not going to crush PR's in Olympic lifts by doing daily WOD's. WOD's will get you in shape, which is perfect for Jan "9 to 5" and John "9 to 5". That is why it's booming. Jane and John Doe that has a 40-50 hour a week job with two kids doesn't want to waste time looking up programming and wasting time looking at bro science youtube videos. They want programming fed to them. The community aspect, don't see what is wrong with that? People encouraging you to workout? Awful people. It is more social, there isn't the isolated sense of self that goes with bodybuilding and putting on your headphones and ignoring everyone... until you need to ask a complete stranger to spot you :smile:lol).

You don't like it, fine, it's good but don't talk out your *** when you don't know a damn thing about it.

Crossfit has helped me personally, is it all I do? nope. It's part of my programming, got me to do lifts I stopped doing a long time ago. Busting through PR's and getting in great cardio shape. Some people just want to excercise and call it a day. Other's have goals. I still bench... :lol:

Most WODs are at light weights and scaled to the capacity of a person or their experience with the lift.

My strength programming is consistent with 5x5 training...

Yesterdays programming:

Not counting warm-up/cool down/stretch/mobility

15 min AMRAP
2x4x6x8...
Pull Ups
Split Jerk @95

Finished round of 16

Strength

Hang Cleans w/Squat
2x5 @135
2x5 @155
1x3 @185
1x1@ 205
1x1 @225

Deadlift
5x5 @225
1x3 @285
1x3 @315

Forearms were cooked...

MymanDenzel.gif X theRockClap.gif

Learned how to get the best contraction when using Hammer Strength Row machines. Hits my lats a lot harder than before.

As for soy protein, I still have some I mix with whey. I don't see the problem with it, because it's still a complete protein. As for estrogen, you'd have to consume quite a bit of soy for that to really affect you.

Wait what? You posted articles from a supplement company and a supplement marketplace. Strong lack of objectivity.

True but where else can you find articles on BCAA's? For the record, if you know anything about building muscle you would know how much protein it takes to build it.

what are you guys favorite body parts to work? or just your favorite body part that you think looks the best on you? whats your strength?

for me, my favorite part to work is the chest, followed by legs. legs are probably my quickest feedback body parts. well those and traps. like I've been experiencing noob gains on them for years now. i stay having to buy new pants.

And for the record, I'm not trying to sell any supplements. I'm an electrical engineer, I don't work for a supp company. Just trying to help somebody cut back on their soreness.

Wait what? You posted articles from a supplement company and a supplement marketplace. Strong lack of objectivity.

True but where else can you find articles on BCAA's? For the record, if you know anything about building muscle you would know how much protein it takes to build it.
Well therein lies the problem. You may have better luck if you check examine.com. dunno but there maybe some oobjective scientific studies on bcaas

what are you guys favorite body parts to work? or just your favorite body part that you think looks the best on you? whats your strength?

Favorite to work gotta be back, deads/rows/weighted pull ups :pimp: :pimp:

But really I love everything, it's like picking a favorite child

Best looking part gotta be shoulders which I appreciate because it gives the illusion that I'm bigger than I actually am :lol:

Can you guys stop bickering about crossfit? It's boring. No one is bringing up anything new or interesting.
Okay whats new with you Timbo? What program are you on now? Im on my deload week for 5x5, looking to push past this bench plateau. 

Last edited:

for me, my favorite part to work is the chest, followed by legs. legs are probably my quickest feedback body parts. well those and traps. like I've been experiencing noob gains on them for years now. i stay having to buy new pants.
I love push days because of all the pressing movements and side delt raises. Easiest part to work would be legs by far. **** pull day is fun too, love DLs since I switched to sumo and DB rows feel awesome.

**** I love it all lets gooooo

lol dude coming off as arrogant. yes i know how to use google and then i am able to differentiate "studies" done by companies with an agenda and those seeking the truth backed by science. yes i know how to gain muscle. i've gained some on my previously skinnyfat frame. bcaas have been proven to have little effect on reduction of DOMs beyond placebo. i believe citrulline and LCLT are more effective in reducing muscle soreness - not sure though - that's off the top of my head. bcaas also have little effect on reducing catabolism if your diet is in check and unless you're training fasted. if you take them fasted, they are best taken preworkout and not intra. if you're seeking to spike muscle protein synthesis levels take them between meals and in fact, might be cheaper and just as effective to buy bulk leucine for this.
as per examine.com:
No significant influence on muscle soreness when assessed 2-3 days after exercise that is preloaded with BCAA supplementation

as for the amount of protein needed to build muscle. look for the studies done by alan aragon. i think it's also important to note what a person's BMI is when calculating protein macros. someone over 25% probably does not need 1-1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight. i range around .8-1.0g per pound of lean bodymass and it seems to be just fine for me.

i dont train with a bodybuilding emphasis(bodyparts), but if i did i think it would be back. there's nothing a like super thick back(not wide like bodybuilders either but just thick, dense muscles like power lifters or olympic lifters). thick, huge traps, rhomboids, rear delts and lats. nothing more alpha IMO than a dude's back looking like the rocky mountains. :pimp: basically every power lifter has the back i described from deadlifting. :tongue:

i think on misc they call this part of the "bear look"

Last edited:
dont listen to him

plant based protein powders are low in certain amino acids and poorly digested

So a dairy based protein powder digests better than a protein with nothing but sprouted grains, seeds, beans, lentils, nuts, and probiotics for digestion? Oh ight

and it's a complete protein source with all of the essential amino acids

Hey, that's fine. I don't mess with dairy so I was giving dude another option since he can't digest lactose. I personally use that one and I don't have digestion issues and the chocolate one is pretty good. Some people care about what they put in their body beyond just macros and what's cheapest. I'm not knocking that style because it produces great physical results, but overall health and the quality of the food I eat is more important to me personally.

Back
Top Bottom