STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You not disrespecting me bruh...it's a difference in opinion and obviously not many **** with Crossfit here, I just think ya need to be a it more open minded and not make empty assumptions bros, judging kipping pull-ups when you guys have never attempted one, snatches when ya never attempted one, squat-cleans when you've never attempted one...such a different way to work out which a lot of you don't even give it a shot because you just don't know what CF is...open up bruhs..

Im not a fan of crossfit for many reasons, but the uneducated crossfit bashing is almost worse than the crossfit "stans".

Any of y'all thought about doing/done gymnastics?

Do them all the time, but Crossfit is part of my programming.

Tired of defending the functionality of it and why people are drawn to it and the misconceptions of it. :lol:

There will always be bad programming, bad coaches, bad trainers, etc. ironically those that criticize are pulling their programming from YouTube :smile:lol). Only dude worth watching is Candito, love his vids.

Brb...

Do them all the time, but Crossfit is part of my programming.

Tired of defending the functionality of it and why people are drawn to it and the misconceptions of it. :lol:

There will always be bad programming, bad coaches, bad trainers, etc. ironically those that criticize are pulling their programming from YouTube :smile:lol). Only dude worth watching is Candito, love his vids.

Brb...

Criticize Crossfit trainers, got workout routine from YouTube "trainer"

Lettuce be cereal.

Gonna deadlift today heavier....prob just 315-335 range....not gonna try to max. But then will follow with some light squats....then maybe some hang cleans just cause they are fun :lol: Hit some stiff leg DLs and get out. I wanted to squat heavy but my legs are still sore from soccer sunday and i know i will just be disappointed.

I'm looking forward to February where i will have off from soccer for a month and can get squats in mid week and deadlifts in on weekends.

One of my only pet peeves at the gym is when you ask someone to spot you and they help you lift the weight instead of actually just spotting you :smh:

I don't usually ask for spots, but when I do, I communicate with the person about what I want from them.

That's on you for assuming he knows what he's doing.

this stronglifts program is making me feel super weak.  Only at 80lb for squats and it's getting difficult already.  Don't get me wrong, I knock out the 5 sets no problem but I didn't think it was going to "feel heavy" this soon.

Height: 6'2 (very big bone structure)
Cw : 325
Goal : 250 (fyi, 240 has my ribs showing, again very big bone structure, extremely dense bones, had it confirmed with MRI and density test)

Need to get a cross fit body by December...

What y'all suggestions

Height: 6'2 (very big bone structure)
Cw : 325
Goal : 250 (fyi, 240 has my ribs showing, again very big bone structure, extremely dense bones, had it confirmed with MRI and density test)

Need to get a cross fit body by December...

What y'all suggestions

Are you me?! I 'm the same height and weight and I'm trying to get to 260-270.

Dude, what? I'm curious as to why you think an athlete capable of ATG squats shouldn't be doing them.

Yea true, then again, most average gym goes don't practice a proper full ROM squat either.

That 3 plate squat with 1/4 rom ftl
sick.gif

I wasn't talking about "athletes" I was talking about those average gym goers who try to squat ATG and sacrifice form to do so. By all means if your an athlete training for a sport then do whatever gives you the best results while still keeping form.
You not disrespecting me bruh...it's a difference in opinion and obviously not many **** with Crossfit here, I just think ya need to be a it more open minded and not make empty assumptions bros, judging kipping pull-ups when you guys have never attempted one, snatches when ya never attempted one, squat-cleans when you've never attempted one...such a different way to work out which a lot of you don't even give it a shot because you just don't know what CF is...open up bruhs..
Hey bro I respect all olympic style lifts and I agree there are just as many idiots in a regular gym. All groups of people will have bad apples in them but that shouldn't represent them as a whole. BUT you only come in this thread like once every 2 months so lets just stop the bickering now for the sake of this thread because no one talks about xfit on a daily basis in here.

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about "athletes" I was talking about those average gym goers who try to squat ATG and sacrifice form to do so. By all means if your an athlete training for a sport then do whatever gives you the best results while still keeping form.

Hey bro I respect all olympic style lifts and I agree there are just as many idiots in a regular gym. All groups of people will have bad apples in them but that shouldn't represent them as a whole. BUT you only come in this thread like once every 2 months so lets just stop the bickering now for the sake of this thread because no one talks about xfit on a daily basis in here.

We go back to this being a thread about staying in shape in general...not a bodybuilding/gym specific thread bro...guess if I was a yoga guy or a gymnist or swimmer you would run me off as well simply because I'm not part of the general public in here?...just doesn't seem fair bro....just don't see why ya get worked up everytime the word Crossfit is mentioned in here...I seriously just shared a tragic story about a man performing an excercise and come the jokes and uninformed assumptions.

Last edited:
hey guys, I was in this thread last year talking about how I was going to lose weight, and didn't :smh:
now as my new years resolution I really want to lose weight so I don't get diabetes and can wear normal clothing again (sz.46 waist aint normal for me). I also cant really play basketball and can hardly walk (pinching a nerve in my back did not help). I got a nice before pic that ill put in a spoiler that will hopefully come with a nice after pic in a few months. Anyone have any suggestions (keep in mind I don't do drugs and im not doing surgery neither)? Another issue is im fat to the point where simply cutting down food wont help because my body is used to the amount of consumption I have and cutting it in half might not be healthy.

or

About to pull the trigger on one of the above. I workout at home, so I'm always adding to my equipment. Which bar is more versatile?

or

About to pull the trigger on one of the above. I workout at home, so I'm always adding to my equipment. Which bar is more versatile?

I like the ez-bar better...but what do you currently have in terms of equipment?

I would get a hex bar instead, but thats just me.

I have an Olympic bench bar, commercial lat pulldown, treadmill, Gold's gym bench set (with the squat capabilities), an old curl bar (with 1" ends (so I can't use my Olympic weights), a dumbbell set, and a bunch of other stuff not worth mentioning.

this stronglifts program is making me feel super weak.  Only at 80lb for squats and it's getting difficult already.  Don't get me wrong, I knock out the 5 sets no problem but I didn't think it was going to "feel heavy" this soon.

80 lbs on squats... are you a female by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom