STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

ive been dedicating actual ab/core work so the music is not as intense.

some highlights from eariliers abs music:

young and beautiful - lana del rey

the birds pt.1 - the weeknd

brand new - drake (i felt the gains disappearing whilst cotton whispers was playing)

ive been dedicating actual ab/core work so the music is not as intense.

some highlights from eariliers abs music:

young and beautiful - lana del rey

the birds pt.1 - the weeknd

brand new - drake (i felt the gains disappearing whilst cotton whispers was playing)

:pimp:

the birds part 1 is the song i had in mind when i made that post :lol:

joint came on during my squat set, felt like i was on a hunna :smokin

THAT, WICKED GAME, AND THE MORNING ARE MY FAV SONGS FROM HIM.

SORTA LOST INTEREST BC IM AN ELITIST HIPSTER AND WHEN CORNBALLS IN MY AREA STARTED ROCKING HIM I STOPPED.

SMH IM A PRETENTIOUS A HOLE

Never stop listening to abel the god....adaptation came on yesterday during chest....appreciated

shoulders today....don't have a lot of time so hopefully can get in and out as fast as possible

Im not sure how this video shows any kind of a scientific approach but I'll make sure I check out some more of his videos.

The way I was taught is protein metabolism works on about a 3 hour schedule after that any protein not used for building is stored as fat. Using that it makes sense to eat every 3-4 hours in order to better burn the calories and not end up with fat being stored unnecessarily.
Maybe @Durden7  can chime in on this. I was under the impression fat only gets stored if you eat in too much of a surplus.
You guys copping the Romelos trying to lift competitively?

No hate just seems OD to me if not. But this is a site where people love shoes so do you, just curious.
I would like to do a meet sometime this year. 

Last edited:
I was under the same impression... That eating 300+ grams of protein per day isn't going to lead to more gains if you're 175 like me.

People tell me I need to consume 300-350g per day, but I honestly don't listen. I've built muscle eating between 170-220g per day regularly. 300+ just seems like a waste of a protein shake.

Don't know if you googled for help or got an answer yet but here are some possible reasons your lower back feels this way:
1)your form could be off when going down on the squat. If you do ATG squats, as everybody should for maximum strength gains, you could be rounding your back when at the whole.
2)hip flexor might need proper warmup and mobility
3)you're not activating you're glutes(this is probably the reason why you feel so sore after. I'm confident this might be the problem from first hand experience)
When you're glutes don't activate, all the load is carried by your lower back. You should youtube some buttox muscle activation exercises or learn to ATG squats as you're glutes will surely activate when you get in the hole.

I suggest you also google this problem and you'll find a BB thread explaining this and with videos attached.

I noticed a huge difference in my squat after I started to activate my glutes. My lower back didnt feel sore like before. Now, I'm a new man.

Film yourself for a squat form check.

Now that I look back on it, I think it's because of my glutes and hip.
I usually do 15-20 minutes of stretching my lower body and I'll add in a few minutes on my lower back to loosen up any tension on the foam roller. However, I notice I am lacking on hip mobility as I'm stretching.
All of this stretching is before doing legs btw. Anyone care to add in some more tips/info on what else I could be doing? Thanks

Now that I look back on it, I think it's because of my glutes and hip.
I usually do 15-20 minutes of stretching my lower body and I'll add in a few minutes on my lower back to loosen up any tension on the foam roller. However, I notice I am lacking on hip mobility as I'm stretching.
All of this stretching is before doing legs btw. Anyone care to add in some more tips/info on what else I could be doing? Thanks

My hips really started to take a beating from doing heavy squats. I did a ton of mobility work and stetching, nothing really helped. I had not done lunges in quite some time because I was running 5/3/1. Just happened to have the urge to do lunges one day, and I could seriously feel my hips stretching on the first couple steps. Haven't had a problem since.

Lunges are the most underrated exercise for legs even if you just do bodyweight. I do em at the end of every leg workout for more reps/dynamic stretching.

I got a little bit of everything playing at the gym.

I listen to the same song when I walk into the gym (system of a down Aerials).

And the same song when I go for heavy lifts (Marylyn mansion beautiful people).

i listen to marilyn manson, NIN, tool/a perfect circle, korn and other rock and electronic music. lately, when going for a heavier lift, i'll play lady gaga - applause :lol:

August burns red gets me going.

Also have classical/rap/ jazz lol...

I have certain songs for certain lifts

I got a little bit of everything playing at the gym.

I listen to the same song when I walk into the gym (system of a down Aerials).

And the same song when I go for heavy lifts (Marylyn mansion beautiful people).

:pimp: those song choices

My music selection in the gym spans a ton of genres/artists

From

Rap
Eminem, Kanye, Tech N9ne, etc

Metal
Escape the Fate, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine, etc.

Randoms
Mat Kearney, All-American Rejects, Basshunter

:lol: all depends on how I'm feelin. Although heavy lifts always get metal going. :evil:

Hit a PR on flat bench yesterday.. I hit 225x7, I know I can get 8 with a spotter.. im trying to get that to 10-12 by mid March

Back
Top Bottom