STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

If you go on eastbay's website they literally have the code plastered at the top of the page..... no exaggeration. They aren't being secretive about it at all.

i'm looking to incorporate some bands on barbell bench press. just been too lazy to get out and buy em. i know some powerlifters that use chains and bands in cycles to break past plateaus.
as far as straight resistance bands, i knew one guy who only used bands, bodyweight exercises and running - his physique was pretty impressive - not huge but he was muscular and shredded.

Did I say that? G T F O , do you know anyone who lost weight by solely running 2 miles 3x a week? Don't worry I'll wait

I used to run 1 mile per day every day....mixed in with weight lifting 5x/ week with good diet and lots of water... Lost about 30lbs in 5-6 months
I guess you missed the word solely. The guy said he only runs, as in he doesn't do any other type of exercise and he doesn't have a current eating regime besides eating 3 meals a day. He will not lose weight by only running 2 miles and doing nothing else.

Congrats on your weight loss
Let. It. Go.

You guys read about that crossfit guy snapping his back up(literally)?

That's really unfortunate.

Apparently he doesn't have voluntary movement on his lower body.

Stay safe when you guys lift.

damnit. i am now. get the catalog in the mail and always toss it >:
Also look into signing up for the Silver/gold clubs. You get free 2-3 day shipping for a year plus 25% off one order. It's like 20 bucks so if you're making a significant order like Romelos, it's worth it and then if you need to order anything else that year you get free shipping. If there is a 20% off code out right now, it may not necessary though - and there are often 20% codes.

i'm looking to incorporate some bands on barbell bench press. just been too lazy to get out and buy em. i know some powerlifters that use chains and bands in cycles to break past plateaus.
as far as straight resistance bands, i knew one guy who only used bands, bodyweight exercises and running - his physique was pretty impressive - not huge but he was muscular and shredded.
Are you plateauing currently? The thing I like about bands/chains is they make benching fun. I don't think they're necessary for making gains, but they do offer an opportunity to make benching fun...

no this is indeed BS as well

btw if your not aware of Sebastian's channel you should tune in. the best channel to the scientific approach of weight training on youtube imo.
Im not sure how this video shows any kind of a scientific approach but I'll make sure I check out some more of his videos.

The way I was taught is protein metabolism works on about a 3 hour schedule after that any protein not used for building is stored as fat. Using that it makes sense to eat every 3-4 hours in order to better burn the calories and not end up with fat being stored unnecessarily.

You guys copping the Romelos trying to lift competitively?

No hate just seems OD to me if not. But this is a site where people love shoes so do you, just curious.

Last edited:
not really plateauing but making slow gains back to where i was before i hurt my rotator cuff. there is still some residual discomfort but nothing like the sharp pains i had. stopped doing anything heavier involving shoulders for a bit, worked on some problems with form and now i'm back at it trying to surpass where i left off. figured the bands would help strengthen the upper 1/2 of the bench ROM - where i usually stall/fail. making bench press even more fun would be a bonus.

dat mass tho..

Last edited:
Im not sure how this video shows any kind of a scientific approach but I'll make sure I check out some more of his videos.

The way I was taught is protein metabolism works on about a 3 hour schedule after that any protein not used for building is stored as fat. Using that it makes sense to eat every 3-4 hours in order to better burn the calories and not end up with fat being stored unnecessarily.

you should leave him a comment on that video if youre interested in finding out more information. he always responds and gives super detailed responses.

Squats today, quads feeling tenderrrrrrr

Weighted dips with 120 lb's at 170 we made it :pimp:

Hit 200 lbs on military press, 2 plates we coming

anyone listen to weird music when they lift?

sometimes i listen to the weeknd and it clears my head. had my best lifting days listening to him :lol:

Back
Top Bottom