STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
carrying on I will do
You specifically said running 2 miles at 3 times a week is NOT enough to lose weight and that my friend is an INCORRECT statement. Period.

Does anyone here do any boxing for cardio? I'd like to add it to my workout but not too sure which day would be best to add it to. I try to go to the gym 4 times a week(chest, back, shoulders, and legs).

Does anyone here do any boxing for cardio? I'd like to add it to my workout but not too sure which day would be best to add it to. I try to go to the gym 4 times a week(chest, back, shoulders, and legs).
I used to box with the heavy bag as a cardio. It made me sweat as much as running. I don't do it anymore because my regular gym has no heavy bags.

I used to box with the heavy bag as a cardio. It made me sweat as much as running. I don't do it anymore because my regular gym has no heavy bags.

I'm at LA Fitness now and I've never taken advantage of them before but my schedule is better now so I got some new gloves. Can't wait.

I'm at LA Fitness now and I've never taken advantage of them before but my schedule is better now so I got some new gloves. Can't wait.
I'm jealous, bro :frown:

Even shadow boxing was great for me and calming too. I used to do it when I worked out after school, around 10PM or so and had the cardio room to myself, would work on my form doing kicks, elbows and knees.

I'm jealous, bro :frown:

Even shadow boxing was great for me and calming too. I used to do it when I worked out after school, around 10PM or so and had the cardio room to myself, would work on my form doing kicks, elbows and knees.

I actually looked into getting something like this but I don't have any room for it.v

I'm at LA Fitness also. I'm thinking about incorporating it to my cardio as we'll. I'm running on the treadmill but I hate treadmills. And it's too cold to run outside

I'm at LA Fitness also. I'm thinking about incorporating it to my cardio as we'll. I'm running on the treadmill but I hate treadmills. And it's too cold to run outside

Thought this one was pretty cool

Got back in the gym yesterday, did deadlifts

Whole damn body is sore :lol: traps, back, legs, butt cheeks :x

Chest and some shoulders tomorrow

Last edited:
No I said solely running 2 miles 3x a week is not enough to lose weight for that particular person and that my friend is the correct statement. It isn't rocket science :lol:

Obviously, what you're eating during that week is part of that scenario, but everyone's bodies respond differently to cardio. Your statement is not correct.

Chest day today bros. Chest and tri's for me today. Shoulders and traps on tuesday......legs wednesday....bis and back thursday (or just cardio) and the other on friday.....off saturday....soccer game sunday

Got to get back on the horse and cut back on drinking....not because its a lot of calories...but i ahd 2 pieces of pizza this weekend at 2:30am....not a good look.....2014 best shape of our lives!

deff gotta lift. use less weight but more reps, and at a fast pace. rest 30 seconds or less in between sets and like someone said, do some HIIT trainig during the week. sprints work well. i do 10 second sprint 10 second rest for 10-12 minutes....
What? Lower weight, higher reps is more conducive to hypertrophy. If he's in a deficit, hypertrophy won't be occurring. He's better off keeping the reps low and the weights (relatively heavy). If you're talking about metabolic conditioning for cardio then that is something to be considered.

I do and they are awesome. I stayed true to size and they fit fine plus I have a wide foot. It just takes some time to break them in. I got the gold/red pair too, straight fire.

@timbo109
  it will mess with your metabolism if you cut for a long time at a really low amount of calories. Thats why a lot of people do reverse dieting so they don't gain weight quickly when they stop cutting.

Ya - I have no personal experience with that, but wasn't Lucky complaining about it for a while

dont want to add to your confusion but im a true 12 and when I first bought them I picked up both a 11.5 and 12. Ended up keeping the 11.5 due to the 12 having a little to much room in the toe.

Although I will say, because i have wide feet, they at times apply pressure on the outer sides of each foot if worn for a long period of time. This wasnt the case with the 12s but I wanted the tighter fit
Unfortunately, the only way of getting a hold of a pair is through the internet, yeah? I.e. there are very few brick and mortar shoe stores that have em if any at all?
What is that? Do you really need lines on your water bottle to make sure you're drinking enough?

What? Lower weight, higher reps is more conducive to hypertrophy. If he's in a deficit, hypertrophy won't be occurring. He's better off keeping the reps low and the weights (relatively heavy). If you're talking about metabolic conditioning for cardio then that is something to be considered.
Ya - I have no personal experience with that, but wasn't Lucky complaining about it for a while
Unfortunately, the only way of getting a hold of a pair is through the internet, yeah? I.e. there are very few brick and mortar shoe stores that have em if any at all?
What is that? Do you really need lines on your water bottle to make sure you're drinking enough?
Yeah Lucky did all sorts of dieting if I remember correctly. He is making good progress, he updates IG frequently lol

I bought my Romaleos through eastbay and found a 20% off. The only problem is those cheap bastards put the box inside a bag to ship them so it ***** the box up during transit. Tried to get some money back since I spent damn $200 with them but all they wanted to know is if the shoes were damaged.

I recommend going true to size because sizing down will kill your feet trying to break them in. I experience the same pain @ekin23   is talking about on the sides of my foot if I wear them for a longer period. I also train in the competition inserts they come with so they fit extra stiff. 

Last edited:
What's the point of this?
To make sure you stay hydrated throughout the day. Water also fights hunger, may help you from snacking on the bad stuff.

I just carry a water bottle with me and refill multiple times throughout the day. If your urine is yellow then you are dehydrated. It should be clear.

Yeah Lucky did all sorts of dieting if I remember correctly. He is making good progress, he updates IG frequently lol

I bought my Romaleos through eastbay and found a 20% off. The only problem is those cheap bastards put the box inside a bag to ship them so it ***** the box up during transit. Tried to get some money back since I spent damn $200 with them but all they wanted to know is if the shoes were damaged.

I recommend going true to size because sizing down will kill your feet trying to break them in. I experience the same pain @ekin23
  is talking about on the sides of my foot if I wear them for a longer period. I also train in the competition inserts they come with so they fit extra stiff. 
Eastbay is notorious for that. In the future, select the gift box option during checkout. Unfortunately, Footlocker co (owns Eastbay) majors in cheapness.

Any difference between squatting/DL'ing barefoot in comparison to using Romaleos?

I personally prefer deadlifting barefoot. I have the Powerlift 2.0 and it's made a world of a difference in my squat. I can comfortably go deeper while relieving tension in my lower back. Eventually I'll get Romaleos.

Back
Top Bottom