Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not a fan of when people try to bully comedy out of condolences. People cope differently. Seems like the way she was, she would get it.

Yea But he had a better relationship with her than any of us will know, no matter how small or brief it was. That was his friend and peer he got a right to talk about her the best way he could during a difficult time.

I have a real problem with people trying to police the way people express their grief and sadness.

I don't even the tweet is bad at all?

He's describing her in his way, I've seen women called beautiful creatures before ?

If he called her a hot piece of ***, I sorta understand.

This society :smh: :rolleyes

It's like when a nter was going through some **** here and I made a joke to hopefully make him laugh like nters do and ended up banned from the thread because some new nter didn't understand how we rock.

It's like when a nter was going through some **** here and I made a joke to hopefully make him laugh like nters do and ended up banned from the thread because some new nter didn't understand how we rock.

Yeah. People just rock with until someone from the family said it was foul.

He's describing her in his way, I've seen women called beautiful creatures before ?

Just because you've heard people describe women like this doesn't make that acceptable. If enough people saw it as demeaning for him to take it down, it would give credence to the fact it was probably demeaning

Bullying? That's a weird thing to say about something that could be seen as derogatory. They wanted him to take it down because it was troubling. That's not any different from anyone retracting racist or homophobic remarks.

Last edited:
saw the tweet....people crying out over nothing....turn anything around you look into it too much, smh
we live in a weird world man

I think it might have been more than that. The and of it said "And she the ed out to be smart too" or something like that. I think that's why people might've been upset because he only saw her as beautiful at first. That's why I figured they were upset

I read it as him seeing the error of his ways and realizing that she was more than just a beautiful creature... are people not allowed to learn and grow anymore? I don't know many people who haven't matured and changed since they were young.

But instead, everyone is looking for an opportunity to get fake mad over anything they can twist into being sexist. "Beautiful creature" is pretty damn tame compared to a lot of other descriptions he could've used. Come on, man...

Just because you've heard people describe women like this doesn't make that acceptable. If enough people saw it as demeaning for him to take it down, it would give credence to the fact it was probably demeaning

Bullying? That's a weird thing to say about something that could be seen as derogatory. They wanted him to take it down because it was troubling. That's not any different from anyone retracting racist or homophobic remarks.
Yeah but that's just making it about them and not about Carrie.

Its extremely selfish and egotistical. That's really troubling.

I don't think calling someone a creature is a compliment

lol you whats wrong with society my friend

people getting offended for the word creature deer god take me now :lol:

people coming from all sorts of angles to get offended

his comment was sweet, endearing, with a kick of a little humor for his close friend

dare somebody father dies and a son gets bullied into a comment he shares on twitter because some stranger with a weirdo complex deems it offensive

I think it might have been more than that. The and of it said "And she the ed out to be smart too" or something like that. I think that's why people might've been upset because he only saw her as beautiful at first. That's why I figured they were upset

that was the main gripe with people

when you first meet someone or a woman you only see the physical. but when you get to know them they become so much more

people just like to complain and try to play god online because they live miserrable lives in reality

Last edited:
Question: Did joining the darkside make anakin stronger than when he was a jedi? I would've liked to have seen a rematch of Obi Wan and vader when he first started wearing his suit.

In reviews I keep hearing people say they got to see vader in his prime in Rogue One. It had me wondering if they differentiate when he was anakin and didn't have most of his limbs cut off or he was in his prime because he embraced the dark side and his use of the force was even more developed.

No, because the Dark Side doesn't make a Jedi/Sith more powerful. It just gives them a different type of way to use their Force Powers/Abilities. In terms of wearing the suit, he was actually weaker in The Force than he'd ever been previously and would never regain his full potential with it. However, because Vader by the time of Rogue One has around 20 years more experience than Anakin Skywalker did in ROTS, he's generally assumed to be more skilled with The Force, due to all the extra training and experience he had access to. So, technically, you could say that Vader was at his peak by the time of Rogue One, in terms of experience and skill, even though the limit to his abilities was actually lower than what it was at the time of ROTS. This is because Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar, while being both very strong in The Force and very skilled with the Lightsaber, had not yet fully developed his potential.

I hope, someday, we get a complete spin off (trilogy maybe) of a Jedi/Sith war, and what I would love for them to delve into, is someone who teeters on both the light and the dark side, which, to me would be the most powerful.

Only using the light, or only using the dark limits your full potential. To truly open yourself up and get all there is of the Force, you'd have to be able to dance between both sides and that would let you truly unleash your ****.

Hell, I think it would be interesting to have someone very strong in the force, that is neither Jedi nor Sith, and let him do things both good and evil, depending on his mood. An enemy of both Jedi and Sith. I think that would be cool to see portrayed on screen.

Finally got to see Rogue One.

Holy **** that movie was amazing my personal favorite movie now even about Empire Strikes Back. 

EDIT: THOSE ****ING DEATH TROOPERS MY GAWD
death-troopers_f2f9b53f.jpeg

Im sure you guys have talked ad nauseam about the movie already but man I loved it.

Last edited:
I hope, someday, we get a complete spin off (trilogy maybe) of a Jedi/Sith war, and what I would love for them to delve into, is someone who teeters on both the light and the dark side, which, to me would be the most powerful.

Only using the light, or only using the dark limits your full potential. To truly open yourself up and get all there is of the Force, you'd have to be able to dance between both sides and that would let you truly unleash your ****.

Hell, I think it would be interesting to have someone very strong in the force, that is neither Jedi nor Sith, and let him do things both good and evil, depending on his mood. An enemy of both Jedi and Sith. I think that would be cool to see portrayed on screen.

I'm curious to see how many side stories they're gonna try to eventually juggle

I wouldn't be mad if they made one a year minimum
I'd prefer three. One in the second quarter, anthology films in the third, and main story in the fourth.
nah, I really don't want them to oversaturate the market with too many movies. One a year is just about right. Once they get through this trilogy and planned group of anthology films, maybe take a break for a few years, then start 10-12 with more spin-offs sprinkled in again.

Back
Top Bottom