Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If she lives through VIII, I'd assume they start IX with a huge explosion in a ship or the rebel base/planet.

yea alderaan style

wonder if the fans will get angry.

i know people didnt want to see paul walker die on screen

While I wouldn't be against it, they HAVE to go Paul Walker style and just write her off somehow. Her just blowing up on a planet in Ep. IX's opening just to "get her out the way" will absolutely NOT fly with the fan base. I can tell you that much. Plus, Disney's way too smart to just settle on such an easy copout.

But what if she was already going to die?...

Do you go back and change it so it isn't so "depressing" if so?...

Wonder if she did her ADR yet. If not, I hope them audio engineers are hard at work already cause that's gonna be a pain to chop up :lol:

In order for Ben to go deeper into the Darkside, he needs to kill both his parents. 

Kylo Ren don't gotta prove himself no more than what he already did...no need to rehash that plot and have him kill Leia.
Seeing Kylo and Leia on screen will be emotional fasho fasho. Imagine if she force chokes him :wow:

Last edited:
In order for Ben to go deeper into the Darkside, he needs to kill both his parents. 

this is what i thought snoke meant by his final training. killing leia

then again it seems like luke is gonna get fast tracked into becoming a force ghost lol

imo they are going to kill a main character in each movie

sucks man we shoulda got that sequel trilogy instead of the prequels

they should make a yoda origins trilogy and wookies trilogy

Me and my boy were talkin about a Wookie movie the other day. Imagine a movie full of Wookies and no "translator" :lol:

Kylo Ren don't gotta prove himself no more than what he already did...no need to rehash that plot and have him kill Leia.
Seeing Kylo and Leia on screen will be emotional fasho fasho. Imagine if she force chokes him :wow:

That would be so awesome.

Sadly, they neutered her for the movie. In the EU, she becomes a complete bad *** Jedi. Not Luke's level, but still very, very strong.

We're being robbed of seeing her and Luke + their kids as full on Jedi (and/or Sith) Maybe someday.

Me and my boy were talkin about a Wookie movie the other day. Imagine a movie full of Wookies and no "translator" :lol:

there would have to be humans throughout lol

seeing the wookies going at the trandoshan race would be awesome

seeing slimey creepy sounding bossk in action would be dope

i like when i play bossk on battlefront and someone else on the opposite team is chewie and the game makes bossk recognize chewbacca is around and he starts talking **** about chewbacca :lol:

I really want to see a Yoda movie. So much history with him. Also want to see luke go off. All this training he has with so many Jedi ghosts

this is what i thought snoke meant by his final training. killing leia

then again it seems like luke is gonna get fast tracked into becoming a force ghost lol

imo they are going to kill a main character in each movie

sucks man we shoulda got that sequel trilogy instead of the prequels

they should make a yoda origins trilogy and wookies trilogy

Yall channeling early George with his plans for multiple SW movies that he eventually ditched after the OG trilogy.

He wanted to do an all woomie movie, an all droids movie, etc. :lol:

would y'all have liked this movie as much if it didn't have that last 30 seconds?

I probably wouldn't have **liked it as much**. Don't get me wrong, the rest of the movie was solid (not a huge Star Wars fan). Vader was in it a bit, but I liked to see him cutting down people adding to the reason why he was so feared. Probably why I would support a Vader movie.

Edit: ***

Last edited:
would y'all have liked this movie as much if it didn't have that last 30 seconds?

I was loving every second of this film before that scene even happened, so yes, absolutely.

1 25 second scene isn't gonna change a film from meh to great just like that.

All of the rebel actions and empire oppression leading up to the final act is probably the first time I was really engaged with this rebellion vs. Empire "war".

All other movies it was just a light show and blaster sounds. I had no investment in any of these nameless fighters or stormtroopers or space battles.

This movie I saw the parallels to actual situations involving oppressive regimes. Plus the spy op/war time era tone was well established. Final act had me engaged with them stealing the plans and trying to escape the planet.

Last edited:
Looks like Rogue One passed $400 million this weekend and stayed #1 for the third week. I went again yesterday afternoon and my theater still had a big draw. Was a little surprised it was still doing that well here in the Cincy area. Sounds like it's continuing to beat expectations.

Peace,
J

Random thing about the prequels I hated... Why didn't Chewie tell Luke about Yoda?...

:nerd:

There's a ton of that stuff if you go down that road haha. So much crap Lucas wrote in to try to force (no pun intended) everything to connect. So you're trying to tell me Obi Wan didn't remember R2 and 3PO? FOH George haha.

Peace,
J

Why dude introduced these holes into his own work, no one knows. I've been impressed with Marvel and how they juggle these huge projects keeping things mostly in check from film to film, George needed teams like that.

Back
Top Bottom