Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question: Did joining the darkside make anakin stronger than when he was a jedi? I would've liked to have seen a rematch of Obi Wan and vader when he first started wearing his suit.

In reviews I keep hearing people say they got to see vader in his prime in Rogue One. It had me wondering if they differentiate when he was anakin and didn't have most of his limbs cut off or he was in his prime because he embraced the dark side and his use of the force was even more developed.

No, because the Dark Side doesn't make a Jedi/Sith more powerful. It just gives them a different type of way to use their Force Powers/Abilities. In terms of wearing the suit, he was actually weaker in The Force than he'd ever been previously and would never regain his full potential with it. However, because Vader by the time of Rogue One has around 20 years more experience than Anakin Skywalker did in ROTS, he's generally assumed to be more skilled with The Force, due to all the extra training and experience he had access to. So, technically, you could say that Vader was at his peak by the time of Rogue One, in terms of experience and skill, even though the limit to his abilities was actually lower than what it was at the time of ROTS. This is because Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar, while being both very strong in The Force and very skilled with the Lightsaber, had not yet fully developed his potential.

I hope, someday, we get a complete spin off (trilogy maybe) of a Jedi/Sith war, and what I would love for them to delve into, is someone who teeters on both the light and the dark side, which, to me would be the most powerful.

Only using the light, or only using the dark limits your full potential. To truly open yourself up and get all there is of the Force, you'd have to be able to dance between both sides and that would let you truly unleash your ****.

Hell, I think it would be interesting to have someone very strong in the force, that is neither Jedi nor Sith, and let him do things both good and evil, depending on his mood. An enemy of both Jedi and Sith. I think that would be cool to see portrayed on screen.

Agreed on all counts. I always loved EU stories that featured Force Users accessing both sides of the Force. Kyle Katarn, Jacen Solo, Jedi Knight Jedi Academy, etc. So much potential there for interesting scenarios. I've always imagined a universe where Anakin wasn't found by either the Jedi or the Sith, but another Force Order altogether. Now that they're willing to put side stories on the big screen I wouldn't mind them creating something entirely new, with such a Force User.

I think an ancient war between the Jedi or the Sith is going to be told eventually. Seems like too good of an opportunity to pass up.

nah, I really don't want them to oversaturate the market with too many movies. One a year is just about right. Once they get through this trilogy and planned group of anthology films, maybe take a break for a few years, then start 10-12 with more spin-offs sprinkled in again.
I just feel with how big this world it, it's limiting to get only the main story and a one off standalone. There's room for wayyy more to be done 

As a Star Wars fan, I wouldn't mind 2 a year, but that might oversaturate the market in terms of shoving too much Star Wars down for everyone else (non Star Wars fans).  

It could  backfire, making them not want to watch the movies.  Disney looking at the ultimate bottomline... they want to cater to all the movie-goers. 

If VIII is way better than VII or as great as Rogue 1 they can do one in the summer and one in the winter every year.

Just gotta pick the main story and characters right.

I'm actually would want more shows than movies. One movie a year is good, but man another Clones Wars level for the modern timeline would be ill. Hell why not make and Game of at Thrones type of show ( quality not content [emoji]128514[/emoji])

Doing a old republic HBO or a Netflix live action would be awesome.

I'm actually would want more shows than movies. One movie a year is good, but man another Clones Wars level for the modern timeline would be ill. Hell why not make and Game of at Thrones type of show ( quality not content [emoji]128514[/emoji])

Doing a old republic HBO or a Netflix live action would be awesome.

Yeah I'd be cool with two movie a year if sonehow they could pull of a high quality show

1 a year, or 2 a year, doesnt really matter to me, we're about to be in a golden age for Star Wars films.

Already 2 huge hits, I expect the next 3 to be equally great, then we start to see new ideas developed and many branches of story telling to grow from there.

Can't wait. :D

I think a hour long series would ve ******* dope though.

I just read forest Whittaker was signed for more thsn one movie. Possibly showing up in han solo?

I think a hour long series would ve ******* dope though.

I just read forest Whittaker was signed for more thsn one movie. Possibly showing up in han solo?

Han Solo and perhaps any other film set before Rogue One that they decide to do. A Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, and Boba Fett film have all been discussed. Naturally, the first two will fall into that area. If they decide to keep Boba Fett dead after ROTJ his film could fall into that area as well. Haven't watched the series, but the main characters from Rebels might even be able to get their own live action film down the line too.

I didn't know the little person who was in r2d2 also passed away this year. Just saw him on a memoriam thing on abc.

lol you whats wrong with society my friend

people getting offended for the word creature deer god take me now :lol:

people coming from all sorts of angles to get offended

his comment was sweet, endearing, with a kick of a little humor for his close friend

dare somebody father dies and a son gets bullied into a comment he shares on twitter because some stranger with a weirdo complex deems it offensive

I'm what is wrong with society? OK son.

As someone who is privy to feminism and gender/women's studies, I laugh whenever this is the response I get.

Instead of questioning why people get offended, why don't you just accept that it may in fact be offensive?

I see it like the PJax/LeBron thing. I never thought posse was offensive, but the context that PJax used it in was alarming. I didn't question it, I just accepted it.

Bet you don't have a problem with how misogynist NT is. I mean we got threads on the front page talking about a Women's Draft and Vintage Vagina treating women as nothing more but sexual objects.

Yeah but that's just making it about them and not about Carrie.

Its extremely selfish and egotistical. That's really troubling.

Coming from an another angle, those who are offended probably have had multiple experiences of sexism and objectification. Carrie was physically beautiful but I don't think that was the focal point of what made her great. She was a feminist icon who spoke out about her mental illnesses in a time where it was even more heavily stigmatized. I'd be a little miffed if I was only remembered for being a beautiful face.

Last edited:
Yeah but that's just making it about them and not about Carrie.

Its extremely selfish and egotistical. That's really troubling.

Coming from an another angle, those who are offended probably have had multiple experiences of sexism and objectification.
Those ppl should stop projecting their insecurities, issues, and hang ups on a friendship/relationship they're entirely ignorant of. Totally unfair.

Carrie was physically beautiful but I don't think that was the focal point of what made her great. She was a feminist icon who spoke out about her mental illnesses in a time where it was even more heavily stigmatized. I'd be a little miffed if I was only remembered for being a beautiful face.
A person can be called beautiful and it not just be about aesthetics.

I'm sure all those ppl coming at Martin love to talk about the beauty with in when they talk about loved ones and ppl they admire.

Whole thing seems like a rush to judgement on their part. As if Steve Martin is some infamous leecherous perv. I think some of its due to him being an old white man on top of their assumptions.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what becomes of Leia now that Carrie Fisher has passed.  Does she make it through Epi.8? And if she does, how does Disney make Epi. 9 without her character?

She's gonna be written out if they have her surviving past 8. I feel though they are in a bind I think they had big plans for her and Luke in the next two movies

She's gonna be written out if they have her surviving past 8. I feel though they are in a bind I think they had big plans for her and Luke in the next two movies

If they can do Tarkin the way they did, I have no doubts they can wrap up her story nicely in Ep. IX with limited "screentime."

If she lives through VIII, I'd assume they start IX with a huge explosion in a ship or the rebel base/planet.

Last edited:
yea alderaan style

wonder if the fans will get angry.

i know people didnt want to see paul walker die on screen

If she lives through VIII, I'd assume they start IX with a huge explosion in a ship or the rebel base/planet.

yea alderaan style

wonder if the fans will get angry.

i know people didnt want to see paul walker die on screen

While I wouldn't be against it, they HAVE to go Paul Walker style and just write her off somehow. Her just blowing up on a planet in Ep. IX's opening just to "get her out the way" will absolutely NOT fly with the fan base. I can tell you that much. Plus, Disney's way too smart to just settle on such an easy copout.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom