Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

From the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special.

Carrie Fisher claimed that she made George Lucas give her a copy of the Special in exchange for audio commentary on the Original Trilogy. 

She used to play it at parties at the end of the night when she wanted people to leave. 
laugh.gif

Having to bury a child is the hardest thing for a parent to do I would imagine. Some of you guys were scoffing at the idea of dying from a broken heart and losing the will to live...

RIP Debbie Reynolds. Your daughter requested you by her side :smh:

You know one these things is real and the other make believe?

The 84 year old mother having a stroke induced by the sudden stress of her daughter passing away is real.

The space queen dying cause her space wizard baby daddy is a douche bag so she's gives up the will to live is pure nonsense and mad up.

Please keep the two separate from each other

There actually are plenty of stories of older couples passing away extremely close together... Broken heart syndrome is a real thing...

Right and those broken hearted older wives died giving birth too right?

The padme death is stupid as **** yall reaching right now

It doesn't make sense to show him wearing those clothes :lol:
Was that Shaw in the Vader **** for all 3 movies? I doubt it.

That's why I carefully put 1983-2005. He was not Vader in all three movies.

It was a nice way to bridge the original SW fans with their kids and grandkids.

How many NTers went to see TFA with their children?

Really the only thing about TFA and ANH that are similar is the Death Star which really is just there for nostalgia.

People act like it's a complete remake.

Exactly my point. I was actually happy with the similarities because I felt the feeling that a person in 1977 felt after watching it. I immediately thought of the kids of today falling in love the way Kevin Smith and the kids of the 70s did with the franchise.

Rogue is at 340 mil domestic, and 615 WW in 12 days.

Huge numbers for an unknown spin-off that they weren't sure how it would be received.

I think it has a shot at ~475ish and maybe 1.5 overall. May come up short, but should approach those totals. Still staggering numbers.

EP 8 will likely slot in between TFA and RO. I don't think anything is catching TFA any time soon.

Lets be real the knew this movie was gonna make bank :lol: the questions was if it was gonna beat Civil War or the top this year.

No one is gonna top TFA for a long time, the hype is what launched it into the stratosphere. For it to be caught it ha to be the the prefect storm of hype

Yes, but Disney has been waiting for these numbers before they green light any future spin offs. (outside of the Han project) If this bombed, it was going to cause a regrouping of how they approach going forward.

Now, the doors about to be wide open. :pimp:

Huge numbers for an unknown spin-off that they weren't sure how it would be received.

I think it has a shot at ~475ish and maybe 1.5 overall. May come up short, but should approach those totals. Still staggering numbers.

EP 8 will likely slot in between TFA and RO. I don't think anything is catching TFA any time soon.

Where you think 9 will fall?

Saw Rogue One a second time yesterday. The feels at the end seeing a young Princess Leia hit hard. First Carrie, and now her mother. Sad times :smh:

Obi Wan should've cut him in half the long way.
You know, I've thought about that, and I'm pretty sure seeing someone get split like that would be way more disturbing than PG-13, maybe even R. *shudder*
Carrie Fisher claimed that she made George Lucas give her a copy of the Special in exchange for audio commentary on the Original Trilogy. 

She used to play it at parties at the end of the night when she wanted people to leave. 
laugh.gif

Trolling on 100 
laugh.gif

I liked Rogue One but at times it was sensory overload just too much going on. Ill give it a second watch in theatres.
I liked it a lot more the 2nd time. The first time I was getting my bearings, trying to understand everything about the story. The second time I was able to enjoy it (and felt a lot sadder when heroes fell).

Last edited:
what i want to know is why were there so many female pilots in rogue one but in the original trilogy there were absolutely none. not even one in the hangar scenes either

did rebel officials decide that after the battle of scarif all female pilots vanish and be sent to a rebel prison?

not sure what they were thinking there

what i want to know is why were there so many female pilots in rogue one but in the original trilogy there were absolutely none. not even one in the hangar scenes either

did rebel officials decide that after the battle of scarif all female pilots vanish and be sent to a rebel prison?

c'mon man, suspension of disbelief is necessary. Today's world is more inclusive than that of the 1970's.

c'mon man, suspension of disbelief is necessary. Today's world is more inclusive than that of the 1970's.
AND they can only show so many pilots. It would be impractical to zoom into every pilot's cockpit during a battle, when most of them don't have speaking parts, anyway. I just imagine that when we don't see ______ group represented (be it women, non-humans, etc), that just means they are flying around off-camera somewhere else in the battle. That's what I imagined in Rogue One when we didn't see Wedge (Red 2) over Scarif.

Last edited:

R1 isn't doing $1 billion overseas man, that's just too hard at this point.

It has a very good chance of crossing 500m domestic though.

If China receives Rogue One positively, 1B worldwide is not out of the question. I believe it opens in China in a couple of weeks.

but rogue one is a time piece in the star wars universe.

if tom hanks made saving private ryan in 2015 i doubt he would place many female soldiers on the battlefield on normandy

Come on

if tom hanks made saving private ryan in 2015 i doubt he would place many female soldiers on the battlefield on normandy

How are you even going to compare the two? Normandy actually happened, so why would he change it to something that wasn't based on the actual event.

The battle of Yavin never happened bro.....

Last edited:
Come on
How are you even going to compare the two? Normandy actually happened, so why would he change it to something that wasn't based on the actual event.

The battle of Yavin never happened bro.....

if your going to say that then why even watch movies in the first place and call out bad scripts and what not?

come on now...

Ok, but that would be historically inaccurate. Not even close to the same. It's not like there was some ordinance preventing female pilots in Star Wars, its just that the real-world environment in which the movie was made wasn't inclusive. It has nothing to do with the nature or history of the Star Wars universe.

Back
Top Bottom