So women want to be equals in EVERYTHING.....Until they get home??

lol i agree with u completely.
if women want full all out "equality" then thats not only the positives, but the dam negatives too!

Originally Posted by Retro23J

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Sidenote: a woman on the same physical appearance level as this one, once told me "girls like us work harder than the gorgeous ones.  the gorgeous girls just lay there and wait for the job to be finished cause they know dudes will always come back based on their looks.  where as girls like her...put in that WORK to make sure you come back 
laugh.gif

True and come back I do
devil.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Retro23J

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Sidenote: a woman on the same physical appearance level as this one, once told me "girls like us work harder than the gorgeous ones.  the gorgeous girls just lay there and wait for the job to be finished cause they know dudes will always come back based on their looks.  where as girls like her...put in that WORK to make sure you come back 
laugh.gif

True and come back I do
devil.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

kdawg wrote:
^ that's exactlly what I was going to say. You just don't divide it.

It's not 'not fair' because you're not thinking about who it's not fair to - you're not 2 people but a couple and thinking that way is the only way you'll not be unhappy about the split.

The business example isn't a bad one - it's about doing what's best for you (plural) but still allowing each other to have individual freedom.

......i didnt want to say it at first, but from what ive always seen with couples that practice this 'splitting up the money' stuff. the individuals in the realtionship want their cake and eat it too. meaning they want to be married but be single financially.

- when you take a step back and look, its all coming from the same pot anyway. the splitting up the money thing is only an illusion.

kdawg wrote:
My wife would go daft too if I bought a car without talking to her about it - not really because of the money but more because I went off and did something that affects us without talking to her about it.

It's a much bigger issue than just finances - it's about respecting your partner.

- and this was my second thing, and im not a big traditional person by any means, but you are supposed to be ONE now.

.....splitting up the bills in marriage is the equivalent of taking your own check as a single person and putting half in the left pocket and half in the right, paying some bills from one and not the other  
laugh.gif

....here is a link to that OTHER THREAD

kdawg wrote:
^ that's exactlly what I was going to say. You just don't divide it.

It's not 'not fair' because you're not thinking about who it's not fair to - you're not 2 people but a couple and thinking that way is the only way you'll not be unhappy about the split.

The business example isn't a bad one - it's about doing what's best for you (plural) but still allowing each other to have individual freedom.

......i didnt want to say it at first, but from what ive always seen with couples that practice this 'splitting up the money' stuff. the individuals in the realtionship want their cake and eat it too. meaning they want to be married but be single financially.

- when you take a step back and look, its all coming from the same pot anyway. the splitting up the money thing is only an illusion.

kdawg wrote:
My wife would go daft too if I bought a car without talking to her about it - not really because of the money but more because I went off and did something that affects us without talking to her about it.

It's a much bigger issue than just finances - it's about respecting your partner.

- and this was my second thing, and im not a big traditional person by any means, but you are supposed to be ONE now.

.....splitting up the bills in marriage is the equivalent of taking your own check as a single person and putting half in the left pocket and half in the right, paying some bills from one and not the other  
laugh.gif

....here is a link to that OTHER THREAD

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

hmmm something to consider...the whole cash idea.

- you know, alot of these silly practices come from our parents. and lets face it some alot of our parents are dumb as hell when it comes to money......AND RELATIONSHIPS. but we blindly follow their lead.

- what i talked about above i adopted on my own. to me it just made sense to do it that way. sure, my wifes mother (and grandmother) would like her to split the bills up, and for her to have a seperate account, but we dont do it that way. not to mention they're single, old and bitter from past relationships over the years, she isnt
wink.gif

....alot of stuff we've learned from our parents, we need to take a step back from and look at differently. you'd be surprised with what you come up with.

- you know, alot of these silly practices come from our parents. and lets face it some alot of our parents are dumb as hell when it comes to money......AND RELATIONSHIPS. but we blindly follow their lead.

- what i talked about above i adopted on my own. to me it just made sense to do it that way. sure, my wifes mother (and grandmother) would like her to split the bills up, and for her to have a seperate account, but we dont do it that way. not to mention they're single, old and bitter from past relationships over the years, she isnt
wink.gif

....alot of stuff we've learned from our parents, we need to take a step back from and look at differently. you'd be surprised with what you come up with.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

wink.gif

Yup.....I pretty much do what my mother and her ex husband did.  Only reason they didnt last is because he was a drunk.........money and bills were all in one account......which is how she knew he was spending all of his money at the liquor store by his job.
Only problem I have is that i cant buy that fitted or that pair of shoes whenever i want without talking to her about it first. (which HONESTLY.......Isnt something i need to be spending money on anyway....so yea, im cool with that)

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

wink.gif

Yup.....I pretty much do what my mother and her ex husband did.  Only reason they didnt last is because he was a drunk.........money and bills were all in one account......which is how she knew he was spending all of his money at the liquor store by his job.
Only problem I have is that i cant buy that fitted or that pair of shoes whenever i want without talking to her about it first. (which HONESTLY.......Isnt something i need to be spending money on anyway....so yea, im cool with that)

what did you miss...? what is there to clear up?

husband pays mortgage
wife pays electric, gas, water, cable, etc
 maybe combine car note and insurance and split it equal and split food expenses

Why do YOU already have in mind what gets split and what doesn't. Gas, Water, Cable will always be less than the mortgage. I mean how is that an even excahnge?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

husband pays mortgage

Why do YOU already have in mind what gets split and what doesn't. Gas, Water, Cable will always be less than the mortgage. I mean how is that an even excahnge?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

husband pays mortgage

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i was making an example and speaking in general terms. it dosent matter who gets what. you are like the one NT'er I despise.

husband pays mortgage

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i was making an example and speaking in general terms. it dosent matter who gets what. you are like the one NT'er I despise.

husband pays mortgage

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I dont even think son was coming at you sideways. Doesn't make sense though splitting it up and having seperate responsibilities in a marriage, should all be coming from a joint acct. Individual non bill accts sound fine to me though.

husband pays mortgage

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I dont even think son was coming at you sideways. Doesn't make sense though splitting it up and having seperate responsibilities in a marriage, should all be coming from a joint acct. Individual non bill accts sound fine to me though.

husband pays mortgage

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Riiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhh ....
grin.gif

husband pays mortgage

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Riiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhh ....
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom