So uh, what's the deal with Crabtree?

[h1]Ornstein: Marketing cash keeps pressure off holdout Crabtree[/h1]
Print This Story

Published September 28, 2009 : Page 14

SBJ200909281401-01.jpg
Marketing agent MikeOrnstein says he has made NFL receiver Michael Crabtree enough money in endorsement deals that the still-unsigned first-round draftpick won't be pressured to play football for a while.

"He has made over 750 grand in marketing dollars," Ornstein said.

Crabtree was selected No. 10 overall by the San Francisco 49ers but has not come to terms with the team on a new contract.

"It is not that he doesn't want to play, but he is not under the gun to," Ornstein said.

SBJ200909281401-02.jpg

Crabtree has been more active in ads than
on the field.

Ornstein signed Crabtree last spring with independent agent Peter Miller for marketing work, and has signed deals with Subway, Jordan Brandand trading card companies Upper Deck, Topps and Panini America.

NFL agent Eugene Parker represents Crabtree for playing contract work. Ornstein said he and Miller are not involved in what have beendescribed as contentious contract talks with the 49ers.

Ornstein may be best known as the former marketing agent to Reggie Bush. He negotiated several deals for Bush as a rookie, includingSubway, Hummer, PepsiCo, Adidas and Visa, before Bush fired him in 2007.

Ornstein told SportsBusiness Journal last spring, "Michael Crabtree is the Reggie Bush of this draft."

Still, Ornstein allowed, he could have done more deals for Crabtree if he had already signed with the 49ers. "We are not able to do much marketing forhim right now because he is not playing," he said.

cant do much marketing for him cause hes not playing...well crabtree you screwed yourself son
laugh.gif
mad.gif

f you and i hope you choke on that footlong
laugh.gif

trade this %%+#$ for a high draft pick. Get taylor mays, get mark roman as far away from SF as possible after yesterday and ill be
pimp.gif

so if he goes back to the draft where will he be ranked as far as wr goes? his slow 40 time will show up, if he runs.
niners dont miss him, never had him in the first place.

that brett favre play still stings...

Originally Posted by mr5dollarfootlong

so if he goes back to the draft where will he be ranked as far as wr goes? his slow 40 time will show up, if he runs.
niners dont miss him, never had him in the first place.

that brett favre play still stings...
He can't do any drills.

I told you guys. There's no way he's threatening to hold out a whole season without knowing for sure somebody is willing to pay him. He's not that stupid.

Unless he has that in writing (which he doesn't) he IS that stupid. Things change and like someone said earlier, there are some straightmonsters coming out next year. Dude is almost gauranteed to lose money by holding out.

as far as the endorsements...$750,000 yeah that's big money if you living like a typcial middle class family. Somehow I suspect he isn't...by the timehe gets through coppin a nice ride, a nice house, and breakin off family members "in need" he'll be right back where he started. Oh yeah I ampretty sure these endorsers aren't going to continue paying a guy who isn't on the field.

Dude is going to wind up a 3rd or fourth round pick making a fraction of what he could have made had he signed. Or worse yet, with his college QB in the CFL.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

maybe dude IS hurt

Wouldn't that be incentive to take the 9ers money? You've got to assume the 9er would sign Crabtree, even with whatever "injury" he has, ifhe took their offer. They'd prolly write off most of this year to let him rehab. Under their supervision.

If he is hurt, why would any other team take him then? You've got a nutcase with an ego bigger than TO without the accomplishments, who is hurt, and youhave to pay big money for that? And you can't work him out to see how if he's ok? I can't imagine any team that crazy. Not when you've gotDez Bryant and a bunch of other receivers who look like studs coming up.

If he's hurt, he surely won't pass a competent physical examination that comes along with a contract

This could be his way of hiding it I doubt it tho

But
smh.gif
braggin about livin off 750k when uve got Millions on the table. Are they even listening to what they're saying

This guy really thinks he deserves Fitzgerald money. Based on what? That one nice catch, turn and run to win a game. CHILD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

This guy really thinks he deserves Fitzgerald money. Based on what? That one nice catch, turn and run to win a game. CHILD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice avy! info?

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by UsedToBeCool

Getting a ridiculous contract ... he dreamed it ... in his head ...

http://
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Get's me every time.

Doesn't seem to be affecting the 49ers too bad, plus didn't they save some money out of this whole affair?

But
smh.gif
braggin about livin off 750k when uve got Millions on the table. Are they even listening to what they're saying
Sadly enough, that appears to be the mentality Gunna, SMH.

Deuce, what the hell? theres no way Crabby is runnin the show, he cant be this crazy.

by his own advisors admission, he's losing money from potential endorsement deals...
so he's losing from every angle. AND the team is doing fine without him giving him even less leverage

these guys cant be this dumb?

Im convinced, theyve gotta be hiding something.
because everything they are saying Makes Zero sense. Im baffled. completely.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

But
smh.gif
you won't see a WHITE player holding out like this. i know all you gonna come in here and call me racist... lol i work for a black guy saveit!

Originally Posted by wizards23

Originally Posted by Deuce King

But
smh.gif
you won't see a WHITE player holding out like this. i know all you gonna come in here and call me racist...

roll.gif

yea cus no white player has ever held out or forced their teams hand...
smh.gif

lol i work for a black guy save it!

laugh.gif
Justification!!!

HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO/QUESTION..........

Say the whole tampering charge gets dropped. Say somehow the Jets end up with a draft pick and draft Crabtree. They offer him a RIDICULOUS contract similar towhat he wants, say 40 million and say 25 million guaranteed.

Does the tampering case get reopened?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Deuce, what the hell? theres no way Crabby is runnin the show, he cant be this crazy.

by his own advisors admission, he's losing money from potential endorsement deals...
so he's losing from every angle. AND the team is doing fine without him giving him even less leverage

these guys cant be this dumb?

Im convinced, theyve gotta be hiding something.
because everything they are saying Makes Zero sense. Im baffled. completely.

I been saying this since the season started. Dude is hurt probably more than he ever let on.

yea i know JD Drew... we was talkin about NFL werent we??????

EDIT: anyway yea the tampering case would get reopened IMO!!!

Back
Top Bottom