So uh, what's the deal with Crabtree?

Usually I don't fault players for holding out. Esp. in the NFL b/c these owners don't give a flying $!@$ about there players in most, if not all cases.

But in this situation, I can't rock w/ what Crabby is doing. He's painting himself in a corner that has a HIGH PROBABILITY of being DISASTROUS for himnext year. I can see him going behing 3 WR's EASY next year and thats even if he DOES beast his private workouts.

Just sign that contract bro, youain't hurting nobody but yourself now....
smh.gif

I just hope that the 49ers don't sign him cause it would really divide the team and the fanbase IMO. Not to mention if he did get signed it would open thefloodgates for other rookies to pull this same stunt every year. For the NFL's sake, the 49ers should just let him rot. We don't need him.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I can see him going behing 3 WR's EASY next year and thats even if he DOES beast his private workouts.

He wont be allowed to workout for anyone. I think the 3rd rd. is the best case scenario....

This guy aint proven in the league yet and he's demanding a certain amount of money. SMH

I don't think he'll fall past the 2nd round.. someone will snatch him up just because he was the 10th pick of the draft last year. Dude's a moronfor leaving all that guarenteed moeny on the table.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I just hope that the 49ers don't sign him cause it would really divide the team and the fanbase IMO. Not to mention if he did get signed it would open the floodgates for other rookies to pull this same stunt every year. For the NFL's sake, the 49ers should just let him rot. We don't need him.
I completely disagree. Fanbases are fickle. If we sign him, and he starts producing, the fans will love him. Period. I dont see how him signingwould open up the floodgates for other rookies to pull this "stunt." The only way it would open floodgates or it would even be considered a"stunt" is if the Niners upped their offer. That would give rookies the idea that holding out could do them some good. With the news the last 2days, it appears that the Niners have lowered their offer, and will continue to do so as each regular season game passes. Him signing a reduced contract thanwhat was originally offered wouldnt open up any sort of floodgates.

I hope he will sign and do well for us. But I wont be pissed off if he doesnt.

$!!@ that *%!###, does he really expect to get that much money when he hasn't even proven to be a good NFL receiver. I hope the league shuns him afterthis.

Originally Posted by LeeBoi

This guy aint proven in the league yet and he's demanding a certain amount of money. SMH
I just realized I basically repeated what you said, so I completely agree.
laugh.gif

49ers president offers to meet with Crabtree
September 15, 2009 9:05 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

49ers president Jed York told KNBR listeners he would be willing to meet with unsigned first-round draft choice Michael Crabtree. Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat relayed York's comments and confirmed them.

Holding a one-on-one meeting with Crabtree would potentially benefit the 49ers by letting them take their case directly to the player, without the agent as a filter. A smart agent would not allow such a meeting and I would be surprised if Crabtree's representatives agreed to one.
San Francisco 49ers, Michael Crabtree

Sort comments by: Most Recent | First Posted

Put a final offer on the table. Sign or don't let the door hit you on the way out.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/BLOG_Report_says_Jets_tampered_with_SF_receiver.html
The Daily News is reporting that the 49ers have filed a tampering charge with the NFL concerning unsigned rookie WR Michael Crabtree.

Apparently, this would've happened at least a month ago, if not earlier, because I think the Jets are pretty happy with their wideouts after two games.

Anyway, Crabtree must get a deal done by November or the 49ers will lose his rights. The NFL trading deadline is Oct. 20. When coach Rex Ryan was asked about it on ESPN Radio's national Mike and Mike show this morning, he called the allegations 'ridiculous' and said he wished his team were playing SF this week.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/BLOG_Report_says_Jets_tampered_with_SF_receiver.html
The Daily News is reporting that the 49ers have filed a tampering charge with the NFL concerning unsigned rookie WR Michael Crabtree.

Apparently, this would've happened at least a month ago, if not earlier, because I think the Jets are pretty happy with their wideouts after two games.

Anyway, Crabtree must get a deal done by November or the 49ers will lose his rights. The NFL trading deadline is Oct. 20. When coach Rex Ryan was asked about it on ESPN Radio's national Mike and Mike show this morning, he called the allegations 'ridiculous' and said he wished his team were playing SF this week.

They should just trade him now. For a 1st round pick or something instead of losing his rights.

It is still amazing that dudes turn down 10-17 million guaranteed coming from playing for FREE. Your set for life just based on the guaranteed moneyalone.
laugh.gif
Damn I hate sports sometimes. Lord give me a shot at the NFL.I'll take that money EASY. To play football? Easy. Now would I take more money? Sure!

Originally Posted by RKO2004

They should just trade him now. For a 1st round pick or something instead of losing his rights.

Read this in an Adam Schefter mailbag:

• After August 14, the Niners no longer were permitted to trade Michael Crabtree's rights. The next point he can be traded is at the start of the2010 trading period -- March 5, 2010.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Read this in an Adam Schefter mailbag:

• After August 14, the Niners no longer were permitted to trade Michael Crabtree's rights. The next point he can be traded is at the start of the 2010 trading period -- March 5, 2010.
rex ryan thinking hes invincible after they beat the pats

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

Originally Posted by aastatic

I moved passed Crabby already.

I haven't
frown.gif
I hate seeing a first round pick go to waste. Were all calling him an idiot now but I'm just worried how well look in a few years. I really got a feeling dude has direct knowledge of a team or two that plans on taking and paying him next year.
I told you guys. There's no way he's threatening to hold out a whole season without knowing for sure somebody is willing to pay him.He's not that stupid.

At this point in time, you gotta figure that the team has prepared themselves without him to even be where they are. It would make no sense for theorganization to sign him now, they are 2-0 without him and I get the sense that he would mess up the team chemistry. It's simply wouldn't make senseto make a move on Crabtree, he's NOT needed.

Originally Posted by aastatic

I moved passed Crabby already.

I haven't
frown.gif
I hate seeing a first round pick go to waste. Were all calling him an idiot now but I'm just worried how well look in a few years. I really got a feeling dude has direct knowledge of a team or two that plans on taking and paying him next year.
I told you guys. There's no way he's threatening to hold out a whole season without knowing for sure somebody is willing to pay him. He's not that stupid.
its still dumb if he cant get it in written which he cant whats stopping that same team from getting him next year and changing they mind on thenumbers

sooo. if there indeed was tampering, what would be the penalties? Also
laugh.gif
at Neon Deon Sanders tipping the 49ers
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

sooo. if there indeed was tampering, what would be the penalties? Also
laugh.gif
at Neon Deon Sanders tipping the 49ers
pimp.gif

Lost draft picks a fines. Nothing too serious, well draft picks are but you get the point.

But the 9ers were tripping by picking him up. I would have took Macclin personally or traded the pick. Another thing. They should have also signed Tory Holt.Issac + Tory =
pimp.gif

Lions will probably pick him up and pay way too much for him
Stop
laugh.gif
. I think those days are long gone. But hey whoknows.

Another thing. If Crab thinks the other "teams" will pay him, isn't his IQ a tad bit low considering the NFL is a business and if a top notchplayer drops to one of those teams, he'll fall even further and get way less than He was offered this year?
laugh.gif
Dude is funny.

Back
Top Bottom