So uh, what's the deal with Crabtree?

Originally Posted by aastatic

I moved passed Crabby already.

I haven't
frown.gif
I hate seeing a first round pick go to waste. Were all calling him an idiot now but I'm just worried how well look in a few years. Ireally got a feeling dude has direct knowledge of a team or two that plans on taking and paying him next year.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Hes a !#*%%. Hes overrated and feels he should get big money based off of ******ed Al Davis throwing a ton at DHB.
Wait, so are you saying that the Raiders made it possible for the Niners to lose their first round pick?

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by aastatic

I moved passed Crabby already.

same here. maybe he will be the 2nd coming of jerry rice or maybe just another jj stokes. no one knows and I dont care to find out on the 49ers payroll.
I find it hard to believe a team will offer him more money in the next draft....what leverage will he have to even demand such money after sitting out a year?

Originally Posted by got shoes

Crabtree is a bum. These agents be gassing these rookies
nah even his agent doesn't really understand what crabtree wants, so it's pretty much all crabby thinking he deserves more money.

Report: Niners lowering offer to Crabtree

After I posted a poll question on my blog last week, a high-ranking 49ers official expressed the following sentiment about the results: "Interesting."

It sure appears as if the 49ers are going with poll option No. 4 - "Move on without him. Lower contract offer, and try to trade rights after March 1, 2010."

Yahoo! Sports' Mike Silver, a Press Democrat alum, quotes a 49ers source as saying the club is willing to give Crabtree incentives that push the deal "up to a dollar less" than the package the Packers gave ninth overall pick B.J. Raji. The Raji deal is a five-year contract worth $22.5 million in base salary with a max of $28.5 million. Raji received $17.7 million guaranteed.

"(But) we won't go over that," the source told Silver. "Otherwise, we're going to have the same problem next year, and the year after that . . . "

The 49ers offered Crabtree $16 million guaranteed with the thought that he would play 80 games over five seasons. That works out to $200,000 for each of those games. It is likely that the 49ers are prepared to dock $200,000 in guaranteed money for each game Crabtree remains unsigned.

crabtreepout.jpg

So it appears as if the 49ers are fine with Crabtree sitting out the season - unless he takes the dwindling offer the franchise has placed in front of him.

When asked earlier today whether the 49ers have modified their offer, coach Mike Singletary said, "At this time in the year, that may be the case. I'm not sure. I didn't want to hear about it any more after last Friday. I said, 'Hey, do what you have to do. I'm focused over here.' So I don't know if the letter's actually been sent. I know we talked about it. But at this point, the whole Michael Crabtree thing, you know what I'm going to say. It's over there. I'm going to focus over here. We have our hands full with the 53 (players) that we have."

Crabtree has a uniform and helmet in his locker. (There is no "SF" decal on the helmet.) Just as in all the other lockers, there is a towel hanging - ready to be used.

NFL rules state that an unsigned pick has until the Tuesday after the 10th week of the season (Nov. 17) to sign a contract to be eligible to play this season. If he does not sign, the 49ers would control his rights up until the 2010 draft. Any contract signed after Nov. 17 would be a deal that would take effect for the 2010 season.

If Crabtree does not sign, the 49ers would have about seven weeks, beginning March 1, to work a trade. Why would a team trade for Crabtree? If there's a team that does not want to roll the dice in the draft, they could acquire him in a trade. Clearly, they would have to have a pretty good idea that they'd be able to sign him.

The trade deadline has already passed for the 49ers to trade Crabtree this season. Even if they sign him, they can't trade him at this point until March 1, at the earliest.

Ultra-professional cornerback Walt Harris joined the 49ers in Arizona and flew back with the team as he continus his rehab from a torn right ACL in the offseason. Harris, 35, is ineligible to play this season, as he's on injured reserve. But he said he plans to play again. He does not want his career to end with an injury. Harris' contract with the 49ers at the conclusion of the season, so his future remains up in the air.

Im glad we're not giving in to this bum and are lowering the offer.

^ I feel the same. He's going to be in for a rude awakening next year if he thinks he is going higher than 10. He better be running a 4.4 ( unlikely)

He's going to be in for a rude awakening next year if he thinks he is going higher than 10. He better be running a 4.4 ( unlikely)
He can't run anything, he's barred from the combine, workouts or any other contact to other teams until draft day.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

He's going to be in for a rude awakening next year if he thinks he is going higher than 10. He better be running a 4.4 ( unlikely)
He can't run anything, he's barred from the combine, workouts or any other contact to other teams until draft day.

Thats right. I wasn't even thinking about that. Dude is not thinking clearly at all. Im glad we lowered the offer though.

laugh.gif
I didn't even think aboutdude not being able to do pre-draft workouts next time around...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I !!*# wit Crabby, but he's a god damn idiot for this... Good for the Niners for docking that offer every week from here on out...

Hopefully the Panthers continue to play like they did yesterday, and SF ends up with a top 10-15 pick from them.

If the Niners were to cave imagine how much future rookie contracts would change. Contracts given based on where you were drafted would go out the window.

Crabtree is just looking more dumb and dumb the longer he hesitates to sign a contract and actually hold out and wait til the next draft. He's justshooting himself in the foot for no reason, or he's been caught up too much with all the money that he dreamed in his head.

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

Hopefully the Panthers continue to play like they did yesterday, and SF ends up with a top 10-15 pick from them.
man if the panthers keep playing like sun we'll get a top 5 easy. plus they got a mean *** schedule too

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Sun, Sep 13[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Sun, Sep 20[/td] [td]at Atlanta[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Mon, Sep 28[/td] [td]at Dallas[/td] [td]8:30 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Sun, Oct 11[/td] [td]Washington[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Sun, Oct 18[/td] [td]at Tampa Bay[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Sun, Oct 25[/td] [td]Buffalo[/td] [td]4:05 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Sun, Nov 1[/td] [td]at Arizona[/td] [td]4:15 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Sun, Nov 8[/td] [td]at New Orleans[/td] [td]4:05 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Sun, Nov 15[/td] [td]Atlanta[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Thu, Nov 19[/td] [td]Miami[/td] [td]8:20 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Sun, Nov 29[/td] [td]at NY Jets[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Sun, Dec 6[/td] [td]Tampa Bay[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Sun, Dec 13[/td] [td]at New England[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Sun, Dec 20[/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [td]8:20 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]Sun, Dec 27[/td] [td]at NY Giants[/td] [td]1:00 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Sun, Jan 3[/td] [td]New Orleans[/td] [td]1:00 PM

[/td] [/tr][/table]
Them dudes could go 4-12 easy
laugh.gif

Hmm, let's think about this for a second.

We already have two first rounders next year. The 49ers right now are looking into the tampering incident. What if they can prove tampering did in fact happenand we get compensated with a first rounder. Then we trade the rights to Crabtree next year to a team with a late first rounder. We would have 4 first roundpicks. Add the fact that Carolina might provide us with the top 5 pick the way they're playing..

eek.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

We already have two first rounders next year. The 49ers right now are looking into the tampering incident. What if they can prove tampering did in fact happen and we get compensated with a first rounder. Then we trade the rights to Crabtree next year to a team with a late first rounder. We would have 4 first round picks. Add the fact that Carolina might provide us with the top 5 pick the way they're playing..

eek.gif
I mean that's a ridiculous scenario (obviously) but you gotta pay all those dudes, lol

Originally Posted by joesarge

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

We already have two first rounders next year. The 49ers right now are looking into the tampering incident. What if they can prove tampering did in fact happen and we get compensated with a first rounder. Then we trade the rights to Crabtree next year to a team with a late first rounder. We would have 4 first round picks. Add the fact that Carolina might provide us with the top 5 pick the way they're playing..

eek.gif
I mean that's a ridiculous scenario (obviously) but you gotta pay all those dudes, lol
There's no cap next year
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

So whats the deal with the tampering?

Deion said there were two teams willing to pay Crabtree the amount he wants and that he knew it. Last I ready, the 49ers were looking into it.

Back
Top Bottom