So uh, what's the deal with Crabtree?

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

On NFL networks post game analysis right after the 49ers highlights, Deion said "Crabtree is coming soon." Then asked if that is inside information he said "yes". Then he said again "Crabtree is coming, something is brewing."

hmm, and this is on the eve of my econ presentation on Crabby
laugh.gif

On NFL networks post game analysis right after the 49ers highlights, Deion said "Crabtree is coming soon." Then asked if that is inside information he said "yes". Then he said again "Crabtree is coming, something is brewing."
Nahhh Deion said was like "it could be brewing", and then Eisen was like "U droppin hints?" and Deion was like "No no Idunno". and Eisen laughed

i much rather have a bunch of 1st round draft picks to fix up our o line

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

Nahhh Deion said was like "it could be brewing", and then Eisen was like "U droppin hints?" and Deion was like "No no I dunno". and Eisen laughed

Nah homie, he clearly says "It could be brewing..I'm droppin hints"... He also says "Crabtree may be on his way, I'm just saying.."on his primetime top 10..
http://www.nfl.com/videos...Rams-vs-49ers-highlights
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d8132a53c/Let-s-Go-Primetime

I see cash tree finally got some sense into him.
He better be worth the $%+*+%+ money & the wait.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

laugh.gif

Mind posting it here?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

laugh.gif

Mind posting it here?
it's really nothing much, just the advantages/why Crabtree is holding out and might go back into the draft.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Do they still make you read Fast Food Nation for Econ?

@!#$ Lowell High School, by the way.

Originally Posted by What up

Do they still make you read Fast Food Nation for Econ?

@!#$ Lowell High School, by the way.
havent read it yet

You know you love Lowell
tongue.gif

I don't knw who's in dis young man's ear, but he better find a solution quick. His stock is steady fallin. He's lookin like a 2nd or 3rd rounddraft pic nxt yr. And he's really not go be as rich as he could've been had he just signed da offered contract!

Obviously hes going to wait until the latest possible deadline for him to sign with the niners

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/10/deion-sanders-d.html
Deion Sanders dropping hints?

Deion Sanders provided the biggest plot twist in the Michael Crabtree saga when on Sept. 4 he said there were two teams that were willing to pay Crabtree the money he was seeking. Sanders, who is a Crabtree confidant, added a little more intrigue Sunday during a 49ers-Rams highlight reel on NFL Network.

During the segment, host Rich Eisen twice joked that the 49ers player catching touchdowns in the highlight was Michael Crabtree. (The highlights actually were of Vernon Davis and Josh Morgan). This was the exchange between Eisen and Sanders as the Morgan touchdown is being shown:

Eisen:Looking to the end zone for Michael Crabtree! ... No.

Sanders: Not yet. He could be brewing.

Eisen: Really? Dropping hints?

Sanders: Dropping hints.

Sanders dropped another teaser in a segment called "Let's Go Primetime." After noting how well the 49ers defense played against the Rams, he said, "And Crabtree may be on his way. I'm just saying. I'm just saying."

It was hard to determine whether Sanders was being serious -- lots of schtick in those highlight segments -- but if something were to be happening with Crabtree, rest assured that former Eugene Parker (it's "former." right?) client Sanders would know first. To watch the segment with Eisen, click here.

[h2]WR to renew negotiations, sources say[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

DALLAS -- First-round draft pick Michael Crabtree left for San Francisco from Tampa, Fla., on Monday to renew contract talks with the 49ers, according to multiple sources.

Crabtree was unavailable for comment. The Dallas native and former Texas Tech receiver has been training in Tampa the past few weeks in Tampa.

Eugene Parker, Crabtree's agent, is scheduled to arrive in San Francisco on Tuesday. Parker declined comment when reached.

Crabtree, the 10th overall selection in last April's draft, is the only unsigned first-round pick. He has missed the first four weeks of the regular season.

The 22-year-old Crabtree is seeking money comparable to higher picks and has turned down the 49ers' offer for approximately five years and $20 million, with a reported $16 million guaranteed.

The 49ers have until Nov. 17 to sign Crabtree in order for him to play this season. If Crabtree is not signed and he is not traded, he would go back into the April draft.

It looks like we have ourselves a new WR. I dont think Crabtree would fly all the way over here to negotiate and walk away without a deal. He'll take thisweek and the bye week as learning weeks and he'll play (very minimal) against HOU is my hunch.

eek.gif
progress in the Crabtree negotiations.
indifferent.gif
This mofo better get out on the field and perform,
smh.gif
mf'nprimadona.

Crabtree is in SF and is scheduled to meet today! Deal is about to get done within the next couple days

pimp.gif

Its about to get done!

[h2]http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/report-crabtree-meeting-is-set.html[/h2]
[h2]Report: Crabtree meeting is set[/h2]

As 49ers general manager Scot McCloughan left the building last night, he said he had yet to speak to anyone in Camp Crabtree. He said a meeting today was "possible" but that one had not yet been set up.

Even at 8:08 this morning, team president Jed York, when asked if there was a meeting involving the 49ers and Crabtree, answered "not that I know of."

But Pro Football Talk and others peg the 49ers meeting today with Michael Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker, today at a secret location in the Bay Area.

Such a meeting would likely include 49ers chief negotiator Paraag Marathe and McCloughan. It does not appear York will take part in the face-to-face sessions. He said he has a stadium meeting at 9 a.m., a 49ers Foundation meeting at 11, and an investment meeting at 6:30 this evening.

When the sides finally get to the negotiating table, the 49ers are not expected to make any concessions to get Crabtree signed. The 49ers might want a sixth year added to the contract because Crabtree has already been missing for 70 days, so the money would rise accordingly with the addition of another year.

One club source said the 49ers would likely add some "fluff' to the contract with incentives and escalators that would only be reached if Crabtree became one of the league's top-producing wide receivers. That way, the deal would appear larger, thus allowing the Crabtree camp to save face.

[h1]Niners, Crabtree meeting today[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on October 6, 2009 10:38 AM ET
Last month, 49ers owner Jed York offered to have a sit-down with holdout receiver Michael Crabtree and his agent, Eugene Parker.

The only problem? Crabtree and Eugene never returned the R.S.V.P. card.

Instead, they've decided to simply show up in the Bay Area, making their intention to meet with the team via hints dropped by Deion Sanders on NFLN and leaks to the media.

All that said, a league source tells us that the 49ers will indeed meet with Crabtree and Parker today.

But all signs point to Crabtree caving in.

It is well known that Crabtree and Parker want more than the Raiders paid to receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, the seventh overall pick in the draft. It is equally well known that the 49ers won't be deviating from the slot that applies to the tenth overall pick.

Though the details of the deal that were on the table in July will need to be adjusted in light of the fact that four games have been played, the source says that the Niners do not plan to punish Crabtree, but that the team likewise doesn't intend to reward him.

In other words, the Niners will be holding firm. Though they possibly will try to find a way to help Parker save a little face, the damage is already done.

Parker and Crabtree have blinked.

So what caused it? The 3-1 record, punctuated by a 35-0 win over the Rams likely helped. But we suspect that last week's pointed words from Hall of Famer Jim Brown had an impact on Crabtree.

This particular quote resonated with multiple league insiders: "[Y]ou don't realize that your legacy will be based upon how you perform, not how much money you made?"

The question is whether it made an impact on Crabtree.

Crabby actually being in San Francisco for this round of negotiations has to be a good thing for the Niners...

Just get on the field, Crab...
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom