So uh, what's the deal with Crabtree?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Just get on the field, Crab...
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Maybe its me but I find it hard to think he'll be a bust.

Say what you want about Tech system but he made the most of it and produced. He has some of the best hands that I've seen and runs good routes. He'sa physical receiver which is exactly what the 49ers need to get off of press coverage and run those slant routes he's so good at.

hurry up and sign mr.crabs take a pay cut...make a tearfull apology to the media explaniing how the buisness side of the nfl made it hard for him to sign
smile.gif

How can you tell he runs good routes on TTU's system? To be honest, his routes ain't even that nice.

And he struggled to get off press coverage in the times that he faced it. Esp that Ole Miss game. Granted, he had that ankle problem, but still.

I think he'll do work....EVENTUALLY.

I just hope he's healthy and in great shape when he returns. Checks his ego at the door and busts his #!* in practice.

Originally Posted by dreClark

How can you tell he runs good routes on TTU's system? To be honest, his routes ain't even that nice.

And he struggled to get off press coverage in the times that he faced it. Esp that Ole Miss game. Granted, he had that ankle problem, but still.

I think he'll do work....EVENTUALLY.

I just hope he's healthy and in great shape when he returns. Checks his ego at the door and busts his #!* in practice.
I think he runs a mean slant/inside route which is what the 49ers need and someone who is reliable. Also that stutter step can easily becorrected with coaching improving his get off. Not to mention I think his ankle might have been injured more than people think.

He's an idiot, he won't get more money if he holds out and enters next year. He wants this team now cause they're playing good, they are a playoffteam but not a super bowl team. Son needs to use some common sense. Obviously they don't even need him, if I was Jed York I would lower his offer by a milor two because they obviously don't even need him.

I would love to see the Niners stick it to him and low ball him because they are doing nice and that is clearly why he is ready to open talks again. But inreality just offer him what you offered already and assure him that if he is just in football for the money he can take that ***% elsewhere. I know Singletonisnt gonna put up with that ***%.

Dude probably felt he couldn't meet his incentives in this type of offense, so he held out for more guaranteed. He didn't expect the Niners to be thisgood, losing even more leverage, as, it's clear they can win without him. So, dude just gotta swallow his pride, and take what's on the table. Bothparties will probably give in a little bit to get this done. About time.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

He's an idiot, he won't get more money if he holds out and enters next year. He wants this team now cause they're playing good, they are a playoff team but not a super bowl team. Son needs to use some common sense. Obviously they don't even need him, if I was Jed York I would lower his offer by a mil or two because they obviously don't even need him.
I've heard that they may add a 6th year given the fact he wont play a lot until the end of the season and laden his contract with performanceincentives that will allow him to get paid like the receiver he believes he can be.

man..hurry up and sign already.

they need to use dude on some screens and reverses.

Just heard on KNBR that the meeting is over and that it was considered a good meeting by Jed York. Take that for whatever, but I believe he will sign by weekend.

I think if he were to holdout until next year, he might be screwed if there is a lockout after next season, has to do with incentives for production that arepaid only after the season is over, and I guess he wouldn't see that money for a while if there was a lockout. Not sure how credible that info is tho.

I think it's finally sunk in that he's pretty screwed if he holds out. Niners never got angry or petty so there's not much they can hold againstthe Niners. If he bothered to fly out, I really can't see a scenario where it would be a "bad" meeting for the Niners unless they suddenlydecided to be jerks and lowball him.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

For all 49ers fans, this is a question that I raised in another thread and by the 2 responses that I received from it, it looks like people felt differently than me. At this moment in time, as a 49ers fan, would you like to see the team sign Crabtree, YES OR NO?? No need for a explanation to question, a simply YES or NO will suffice. Just interesting in seeing the responses.

No.
Originally Posted by bright nikes

No.

%*@%@ was a mistake from the jump.
Originally Posted by offbad

nope.
Originally Posted by Troponin C

Hell no
Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

NO.

hes gonna ruin and divide the lockeroom
Originally Posted by EZLN1

No to crabtree.
Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I would say no.

Lets see if any of these select few show up in this thread...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

For all 49ers fans, this is a question that I raised in another thread and by the 2 responses that I received from it, it looks like people felt differently than me. At this moment in time, as a 49ers fan, would you like to see the team sign Crabtree, YES OR NO?? No need for a explanation to question, a simply YES or NO will suffice. Just interesting in seeing the responses.

No.
Originally Posted by bright nikes

No.

%*@%@ was a mistake from the jump.
Originally Posted by offbad

nope.
Originally Posted by Troponin C

Hell no
Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

NO.

hes gonna ruin and divide the lockeroom
Originally Posted by EZLN1

No to crabtree.
Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I would say no.

Lets see if any of these select few show up in this thread...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

how would you feel if your top draft pick held out?
Salty, I presume. We were/are just mad about how crabtree has been acting.
Obviously if he does sign and if he gets on the field, crabtree will open up a lot of things for our offense and he would make the team better and every 9erfan is all for that no matter what.
*and what do you have against 49er fans?
Are you salty that we have the best franchise in the NFL over the past 25 years???
pimp.gif

I have nothing against 49er fans. I just think it will be funny if any of the people I quoted all of a sudden become fans of Crabtree signing.

My stance is still the same. At this point in time given his whole ordeal I wish that we DON'T sign Crabtree. I rather him not be a 49er. If for somereason he does sign and becomes a 49er he will truly have to prove himself in my eyes. Meaning if he does get injured during a game or practice, I want him tosuck it up and not walk off the field. If he has a death in his family the week of a game, I want him to skip the funeral and show up for his team on gameday. Dude truly has to make it up to not only his future teammates persay but to the fans as well.

I think Crabtree sees the success of the 49ers and all of a sudden wants a part of it. If I'm in that locker room, I don't want that guy anywhere nearthe team. He's selfish, and the team is playing well without him. Let his *+*@$#$ go back in the draft, and next year take a player who will put the teamabove himself. I'm all about the players getting as much guaranteed money as they can, but when you are unreasonable then all my sympathy goes out thewindow. Good riddance. I agree w. Deuce on this (aside from the missing the funeral part).

Originally Posted by JPZx

I just think it will be funny if any of the people I quoted all of a sudden become fans of Crabtree signing.
indifferent.gif

you're stupid.
When crabtree was acting like a douche/selfish !%$$ by holding out/talking to other teams/not discussing anything with the 49er organization us fans were veryangry with him. as an emotional response to this predicament we (due to our frustration) stated that he is better off not signing. butnow that he is actually open to negotiations, and now that we are 4 games into the season we realize that crabtree could be of some use especially since ourwr's have been inconsistent as #!+# so far.
* it's important to understand the mindset of a 49er fan during the time when we said those things.
wink.gif

My stance is still the same. At this point in time given his whole ordeal I wish that we DON'T sign Crabtree. I rather him not be a 49er. If for some reason he does sign and becomes a 49er he will truly have to prove himself in my eyes. Meaning if he does get injured during a game or practice, I want him to suck it up and not walk off the field. If he has a death in his family the week of a game, I want him to skip the funeral and show up for his team on gameday. Dude truly has to make it up to not only his future teammates persay but to the fans as well.
What does he have to make up exactly? His teammates aren't holding anything against him at this point I assure you that. Once he signs andgets into practice and working hard with his teammates all will be forgotten. I can only see a problem if he comes in and doesn't practice well or has anattitude but from what I've heard of his work ethic and having Singeltary as the coach, I don't foresee that happening.

Anyone who puts on a 49er uniform you should support. He's going to be a key piece to the good, potentially great team we are building the next 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom