So NT... my MANAGER calls me the N-word at work last night.

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

SdotRusherz wrote:

My dad is a lawer, and he told me to do the same thing.
Hold up. You're dad is a, what? A lawer? Cool, well if your dad is a lawyer, why you asking NT to cite civil-discrimination case settlements?

In fact, if your dad is a "lawer" why are you running to NT with this, why not have your dad refer you to one of his colleagues who specializes in these matters?

*possible tales of ducks?

Wow you dedicated a whole damn paragraph because I left ONE letter out of a word.

Your cool, guy

terrible comeback and you MISSED HIS POINT.

although he took the time to point out your terrible spelling and grammar, he was making a point of asking why you would come ask a buncha teenagers on NT about a potential LEGAL matter when your pops is an attorney himself.  If he practices in a completely different sector of law (and therefore cannot answer your question), at the very least he would be able to refer you to one of his colleagues who might be familiar with workplace discrimination lawsuits.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

SdotRusherz wrote:

Hold up. You're dad is a, what? A lawer? Cool, well if your dad is a lawyer, why you asking NT to cite civil-discrimination case settlements?

In fact, if your dad is a "lawer" why are you running to NT with this, why not have your dad refer you to one of his colleagues who specializes in these matters?

Wow you dedicated a whole damn paragraph because I left ONE letter out of a word.

Your cool, guy

although he took the time to point out your terrible spelling and grammar, he was making a point of asking why you would come ask a buncha teenagers on NT about a potential LEGAL matter when your pops is an attorney himself.  If he practices in a completely different sector of law (and therefore cannot answer your question), at the very least he would be able to refer you to one of his colleagues who might be familiar with workplace discrimination lawsuits.

I wasn't trying to make a "comeback'... and my father is already on this +@$#.

Thanks for your concern though, squirt.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

SdotRusherz wrote:

Your cool, guy

I wasn't trying to make a "comeback'... and my father is already on this +@$#.

Thanks for your concern though, squirt.

He clearly did miss the point. If your father is a lawyer. Why are you here asking what you should do? I swear cats come to NT to make a "juicy" thread.

He clearly did miss the point. If your father is a lawyer. Why are you here asking what you should do? I swear cats come to NT to make a "juicy" thread.

Originally Posted by Put em up

Pretty much.

Originally Posted by Put em up

Pretty much.

So y'all wouldn't make this same thread if you were called a N and your pops was lawyer?

OP could actually sue and get bank off this, sorta interesting

So y'all wouldn't make this same thread if you were called a N and your pops was lawyer?

OP could actually sue and get bank off this, sorta interesting

is the n word something you use regularity amongst friends? if so, get over it. 

if you get offended by it because its something your family has taught you is a bad word, and you dont feel comfortable saying it.. then take action..

double-standard the white folks will get you and society no where.

its like the ignorant blind, leading the ignorant blind.

is the n word something you use regularity amongst friends? if so, get over it. 

if you get offended by it because its something your family has taught you is a bad word, and you dont feel comfortable saying it.. then take action..

double-standard the white folks will get you and society no where.

its like the ignorant blind, leading the ignorant blind.

I'm going to upload the video on youtube when I get off of work....
Don't upload it, fool.

Handle your situation and stop trying to entertain NT. If it all works out for you we'll be reading about the settlement in the papers.
grin.gif

Don't upload it, fool.

Handle your situation and stop trying to entertain NT. If it all works out for you we'll be reading about the settlement in the papers.
grin.gif

please do not. please do not.

why give him a chance to defend themselves in court of public opinion

why give him a chance to defend himself before your paper work clears??

dont be a goof

please do not. please do not.

why give him a chance to defend themselves in court of public opinion

why give him a chance to defend himself before your paper work clears??

dont be a goof

Originally Posted by Jehul

Don't upload it, fool.

grin.gif

This.  Your next step is to notify HR or his supervisor.  HR or his supervisor has an obligation to investigate/correct the situation.  If HR doesn't do anything, you now have a "prolonged work environment in which you were subject to racial harassment and intimidation".  In other words, you pretty much just hit the lottery. 

Originally Posted by Jehul

Don't upload it, fool.

grin.gif

This.  Your next step is to notify HR or his supervisor.  HR or his supervisor has an obligation to investigate/correct the situation.  If HR doesn't do anything, you now have a "prolonged work environment in which you were subject to racial harassment and intimidation".  In other words, you pretty much just hit the lottery. 

So I'm on break right now...

I walk up to him and say "I didn't appreciate the way you were speaking to me last night"...

and his *#@ took the bait.. I got him cursing at me again, and it's recorded.
CostanzaPopcorn.gif

So I'm on break right now...

I walk up to him and say "I didn't appreciate the way you were speaking to me last night"...

and his *#@ took the bait.. I got him cursing at me again, and it's recorded.
CostanzaPopcorn.gif

Back
Top Bottom