So NT... my MANAGER calls me the N-word at work last night.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

oh wow... where are all the "stop snitching dudes at"?
What does not snitching have to deal with being called a derogatory word?
Keep reaching.

laugh.gif
how im i reaching?... dudes on NT talk about stop snitching.. and now telling dude to record him, go tell corporate, get a lawyer, get him fired is not snitching??? please tell me what you meaning is...
laugh.gif
I agree. 

I mean if its an ongoing harassment then I can see it being a problem but dude is all shook due to the N word being used derogatory?  Man UP and tell that manager to his face that you don't appreciate being called that word and if the manager has issues with him on a personal level then he can see him in the parking lot.  Finish done and over with!     

Bottom line it's a he said, she said type of dilemma.  Plus if that supervisor is going to back the manager then he's the one that's going to look like an idiot.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Keep reaching.

laugh.gif
how im i reaching?... dudes on NT talk about stop snitching.. and now telling dude to record him, go tell corporate, get a lawyer, get him fired is not snitching??? please tell me what you meaning is...
laugh.gif
I agree. 

I mean if its an ongoing harassment then I can see it being a problem but dude is all shook due to the N word being used derogatory?  Man UP and tell that manager to his face that you don't appreciate being called that word and if the manager has issues with him on a personal level then he can see him in the parking lot.  Finish done and over with!     

Bottom line it's a he said, she said type of dilemma.  Plus if that supervisor is going to back the manager then he's the one that's going to look like an idiot.
it's not about being "shook," those of us who hold down jobs know there's simply no place for that in the work place.

as for asking the manager to see OP in the parking lot, again not really acceptable in the work place.

Keep reaching.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I agree. 

it's not about being "shook," those of us who hold down jobs know there's simply no place for that in the work place.

as for asking the manager to see OP in the parking lot, again not really acceptable in the work place.

Sue.

Win.

Be a millionaire.

Go back and beat his %@!.

Game over.

A winner is you.

Sue.

Win.

Be a millionaire.

Go back and beat his %@!.

Game over.

A winner is you.

Keep reaching.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I agree. 

He's an adult in the working world.

You dont just "finish it in the parking lot" and not expect some severe consequences, such as him getting fired and possibly (probably) arrested.

And its not snitching if someone did this to him personally.

You would all want to get revenge too, (within lawful means) if you were in his shoes.

Keep reaching.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I agree. 

You dont just "finish it in the parking lot" and not expect some severe consequences, such as him getting fired and possibly (probably) arrested.

You would all want to get revenge too, (within lawful means) if you were in his shoes.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by xanadu one

CORPORATE.

This is when your writing skill set is so important.
Document the time, the circumstance, and exactly what was said by both you and your manager.  Make copies and file it away at home.

Write an formal letter of complaint to corporate supported by all of your documentation, and include any witnesses including the supervisor.
List the times that the racial slur was used, and what part of the store this took place.  Be sure to include the store number as well.

The only way to fight this type of thing is through documentation, and letters. 

Continue to go to work with a positive attitude like nothing happened, and watch the letter and documentation run it's course.

It may take a while, but I can assure you that someone is going to be out of a job before the franchise risks a civil rights lawsuit.

My dad is a lawer, and he told me to do the same thing.
Hold up. You're dad is a, what? A lawer? Cool, well if your dad is a lawyer, why you asking NT to cite civil-discrimination case settlements?

In fact, if your dad is a "lawer" why are you running to NT with this, why not have your dad refer you to one of his colleagues who specializes in these matters?

*possible tales of ducks?

CORPORATE.

Document the time, the circumstance, and exactly what was said by both you and your manager.  Make copies and file it away at home.

Write an formal letter of complaint to corporate supported by all of your documentation, and include any witnesses including the supervisor.
List the times that the racial slur was used, and what part of the store this took place.  Be sure to include the store number as well.

Continue to go to work with a positive attitude like nothing happened, and watch the letter and documentation run it's course.

It may take a while, but I can assure you that someone is going to be out of a job before the franchise risks a civil rights lawsuit.

Hold up. You're dad is a, what? A lawer? Cool, well if your dad is a lawyer, why you asking NT to cite civil-discrimination case settlements?

In fact, if your dad is a "lawer" why are you running to NT with this, why not have your dad refer you to one of his colleagues who specializes in these matters?

CORPORATE.

CORPORATE.

Originally Posted by Put em up

CORPORATE.

what is your beef with the OP?...son missed 1 letter in lawyer and you're on his case...disgusting

i wish i was called the N word at work...it would rarely happen in my city, though

Originally Posted by Put em up

CORPORATE.

what is your beef with the OP?...son missed 1 letter in lawyer and you're on his case...disgusting

i wish i was called the N word at work...it would rarely happen in my city, though

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Keep reaching.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I agree. 

Sure it is.  If someone above you calls you derogatory words, and disrespects you, you're not going to stand up for yourself.  And it's not bout beating the dude up, it's about standing up for yourself and letting that other person know you're not going to accept that.   I don't care what job or career I have, no one is going to talk to me like that and that is my mindset. 

I am an adult in the working world.  If my boss says anything offensive to me, I would tell him straight up to his face that I won't accept that.  And again it's not about getting into fights, it's about handling it like a man.  Going to HR and complaining on "ONE" incident isn't going to do jack especially if there were no witnesses. 

You guys can go ahead and tell him to sue and complain and document this and that, it's his word against his managers bottom line.  Who is HR going to believe?  An employee or management?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Keep reaching.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I agree. 

Sure it is.  If someone above you calls you derogatory words, and disrespects you, you're not going to stand up for yourself.  And it's not bout beating the dude up, it's about standing up for yourself and letting that other person know you're not going to accept that.   I don't care what job or career I have, no one is going to talk to me like that and that is my mindset. 

I am an adult in the working world.  If my boss says anything offensive to me, I would tell him straight up to his face that I won't accept that.  And again it's not about getting into fights, it's about handling it like a man.  Going to HR and complaining on "ONE" incident isn't going to do jack especially if there were no witnesses. 

You guys can go ahead and tell him to sue and complain and document this and that, it's his word against his managers bottom line.  Who is HR going to believe?  An employee or management?

im just asking if hes black move on with your live cause everybody thats black in my block be like what up my $++%!
and yes im black durrrrr

im just asking if hes black move on with your live cause everybody thats black in my block be like what up my $++%!
and yes im black durrrrr

Back
Top Bottom