So I Just sent my Calc professor an... interesting... email. What y'all think?

im kinda hoping your professor responds with a
jr6tcz.gif

actually that youtube comment is lowkey a backfire because you are supposed to study a huge amount of time outside of class,esp for calculus, and youtube vids are complementary to class instruction.

be honest how many questions you ask in class?? hours spent on homework a week?

i've actually had a examples only professor...in math thats as easy as you can get...

its not the professors place to re teach math 115 material...

if he was doing questions NOT on the exam, you should have stopped  him in class and had questions ready to ask on the exam

also that not dropping the class remark isnt wise...if he was planning a curve (in back of mind) well tough luck

this email sucked in other words
laugh.gif

actually that youtube comment is lowkey a backfire because you are supposed to study a huge amount of time outside of class,esp for calculus, and youtube vids are complementary to class instruction.

be honest how many questions you ask in class?? hours spent on homework a week?

i've actually had a examples only professor...in math thats as easy as you can get...

its not the professors place to re teach math 115 material...

if he was doing questions NOT on the exam, you should have stopped  him in class and had questions ready to ask on the exam

also that not dropping the class remark isnt wise...if he was planning a curve (in back of mind) well tough luck

this email sucked in other words
laugh.gif

It is well-written IMO. I like that you stated twice that you were not attempting to insult him or his intelligence. E-mails can be tough because people will take the wrong context. Best of luck to you on the exam and finishing the course. Calculus is a %$@$+!

It is well-written IMO. I like that you stated twice that you were not attempting to insult him or his intelligence. E-mails can be tough because people will take the wrong context. Best of luck to you on the exam and finishing the course. Calculus is a %$@$+!

The mixture of responses in here has me really curious to see what he says back. Should be interesting. Good or bad, I'll survive and my while my GPA will take a hit it's high enough to where it won't be thrown off. Time to grab some rest, got my internship in the morning and a day's worth of library time studying for this and Accounting. I need a blog...

The mixture of responses in here has me really curious to see what he says back. Should be interesting. Good or bad, I'll survive and my while my GPA will take a hit it's high enough to where it won't be thrown off. Time to grab some rest, got my internship in the morning and a day's worth of library time studying for this and Accounting. I need a blog...

doesn't matter whether the teacher gets offended or not

nobody in the class has a good grade anyway

your next step should be to have a sit down with him which really should've been your first step

doesn't matter whether the teacher gets offended or not

nobody in the class has a good grade anyway

your next step should be to have a sit down with him which really should've been your first step

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So did you send it?

Why not have one of us send it as a "Parent of one of the students."

Someone drafts it, and I will send it to him if you give me the address.

You don't need your blood on it, you have to see him every day.
You serious?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So did you send it?

Why not have one of us send it as a "Parent of one of the students."

Someone drafts it, and I will send it to him if you give me the address.

You don't need your blood on it, you have to see him every day.
You serious?
laugh.gif

Khan Academy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Only reason I got through Calc. Glad I'm done with math for the rest of my life as a freshman though... Philosophy major ftw.

Good luck though OP!

Khan Academy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Only reason I got through Calc. Glad I'm done with math for the rest of my life as a freshman though... Philosophy major ftw.

Good luck though OP!

NEVER CRITICIZE SOMEONE IN WRITING

Writing lasts forever. Who knows who he shows the email to, or etc...

You're not the first to have a bad teacher, but let me ask you something...is it ALL on the professor? Or is there some responsibility you need to take for not properly learning.

Can you make more of an effort to learn the material?

I'd be willing there's room for improvement on both sides. Maybe you have to make your Calculus book your best friend, so be it. Do what You have to do.

But don't use the professor as a cop out.

If you did send the email, I think it would be a good idea to follow up with the man in person. Shows how serious you are and that you really want to do well.
Plus, it will clear the air and make sure he doesn't slight you in grading, especially for finals, where you may never see your test results.

Back
Top Bottom