So I Just sent my Calc professor an... interesting... email. What y'all think?

post if he ever replies back..I think it's good you let him know. 
Most professors/instructors I've had I just dealt with it..oh well. 
indifferent.gif

RIP to your grade. dude gonna fail you just because now lol

RIP to your grade. dude gonna fail you just because now lol

terrible email..esp since it's directed to the course director
all you've done in the email is insult him.. not offer constructive criticism.
edit.

it sounds like you wrote this email in frustration.

you should have drafted it up.. ruminate on it...and then really assess if you want to send an email like that.

terrible email..esp since it's directed to the course director
all you've done in the email is insult him.. not offer constructive criticism.
edit.

it sounds like you wrote this email in frustration.

you should have drafted it up.. ruminate on it...and then really assess if you want to send an email like that.

I had a professor that was the same way. We attempted to tell her that we couldn't understand with her teaching style. No changes were made even though the 10 people in the class were all receiving poor grades. When she didn't make changes....we did. We all agreed to met up with the dean and were all pardoned from the class. Apparently we weren't the first to express our dissatisfaction with her.

I had a professor that was the same way. We attempted to tell her that we couldn't understand with her teaching style. No changes were made even though the 10 people in the class were all receiving poor grades. When she didn't make changes....we did. We all agreed to met up with the dean and were all pardoned from the class. Apparently we weren't the first to express our dissatisfaction with her.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Here are some of his RateMyProfessor blurbs:

"ABSOLUTELY THE WORST PROFESSOR AT TOWSON. Knows Calculus but has NO idea how to teach it. You would get a better understanding just by reading the text book, which is also near impossible. Don't waste your time or money enrolling in his class."

"Worst teacher I have ever had. Can't explain anything because he does know how to do it himself, he will get half way through a problem and then just say you can figure it out. Wont answer questions. The only help is he sends you past test to study from. DON'T TAKE HIM!"

"Worst teacher ive ever had. mumbles to himself while writing equations on the board that you cant see cause hes blocking them. doesnt explain how he went through the problem, and when you ask him he gives a long, confusing, seemingly irrelevant answer."

"WORST TEACER EVERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Did u see this before or after u signed up for the class?

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Here are some of his RateMyProfessor blurbs:

"ABSOLUTELY THE WORST PROFESSOR AT TOWSON. Knows Calculus but has NO idea how to teach it. You would get a better understanding just by reading the text book, which is also near impossible. Don't waste your time or money enrolling in his class."

"Worst teacher I have ever had. Can't explain anything because he does know how to do it himself, he will get half way through a problem and then just say you can figure it out. Wont answer questions. The only help is he sends you past test to study from. DON'T TAKE HIM!"

"Worst teacher ive ever had. mumbles to himself while writing equations on the board that you cant see cause hes blocking them. doesnt explain how he went through the problem, and when you ask him he gives a long, confusing, seemingly irrelevant answer."

"WORST TEACER EVERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Did u see this before or after u signed up for the class?

Damn, you got balls yo 
pimp.gif
Give us an update...

My BIO lab teacher is HORRIBLE. She knows her stuff, but with the way she teaches, i just cant get it....and i have an F in that class
eyes.gif

Damn, you got balls yo 
pimp.gif
Give us an update...

My BIO lab teacher is HORRIBLE. She knows her stuff, but with the way she teaches, i just cant get it....and i have an F in that class
eyes.gif

Sneakerfr- All the way up until the day of the class the Course Description said it was taught by "Staff" so I had no way of knowing who would actually show up.

Dirty- Had I wanted to insult him I would've mentioned his resemblance of Robert E. Lee, or the fact that he wears the same pants to class every day with a whole in the crotch and polkadot boxers under *pause*. I told him all things that he could alter such as explaining concepts rather than examples, going over what's on exams rather than off, etc.

So did you send it?

Why not have one of us send it as a "Parent of one of the students."

Someone drafts it, and I will send it to him if you give me the address.

You don't need your blood on it, you have to see him every day.

Sneakerfr- All the way up until the day of the class the Course Description said it was taught by "Staff" so I had no way of knowing who would actually show up.

Dirty- Had I wanted to insult him I would've mentioned his resemblance of Robert E. Lee, or the fact that he wears the same pants to class every day with a whole in the crotch and polkadot boxers under *pause*. I told him all things that he could alter such as explaining concepts rather than examples, going over what's on exams rather than off, etc.

You probably should've setup a private face to face meeting with your professor to talk this out. Never use email to convey information like this because things get lost in translation all the time. I really hope you didn't send that email.

Back
Top Bottom