So I Just sent my Calc professor an... interesting... email. What y'all think?

if the prof is tenured, you're screwed.

you should of bcc or cc'd the director/dean of admissions. everytime i did that, I got plenty of responses and even got invited to lunch once
pimp.gif

if the prof is tenured, you're screwed.

you should of bcc or cc'd the director/dean of admissions. everytime i did that, I got plenty of responses and even got invited to lunch once
pimp.gif

I would cancel the e-mail and opt to discuss the situation with the dean.
Sending an e-mail will only make the matter worse.

I would cancel the e-mail and opt to discuss the situation with the dean.
Sending an e-mail will only make the matter worse.

Bottom Line: You could have aired this out in person, which would have made a better impression than sending some weak e-mail with shots fired. Still, you would have been way better off talking to a dean. Now you got to sit in dude's class and look into his eyes like nothing happened. Good luck with that. Learn from this, please.

Bottom Line: You could have aired this out in person, which would have made a better impression than sending some weak e-mail with shots fired. Still, you would have been way better off talking to a dean. Now you got to sit in dude's class and look into his eyes like nothing happened. Good luck with that. Learn from this, please.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

It is well-written IMO. I like that you stated twice that you were not attempting to insult him or his intelligence. E-mails can be tough because people will take the wrong context. Best of luck to you on the exam and finishing the course. Calculus is a %$@$+!

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

It is well-written IMO. I like that you stated twice that you were not attempting to insult him or his intelligence. E-mails can be tough because people will take the wrong context. Best of luck to you on the exam and finishing the course. Calculus is a %$@$+!

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Yeah I was going to e-mail the head of the department pending his response. In class today there was a kid who wasn't there when the problem set was handed out and he asked me what it was and when I explained it he busted out laughing. I then explained that I wasn't kidding and was given the stoneface with the quickness. And yes, of course I'll be updating you guys on what goes down.

You should have cc'ed or maybe even Bcc'ed hte head

Yeah I was going to e-mail the head of the department pending his response. In class today there was a kid who wasn't there when the problem set was handed out and he asked me what it was and when I explained it he busted out laughing. I then explained that I wasn't kidding and was given the stoneface with the quickness. And yes, of course I'll be updating you guys on what goes down.

You should have cc'ed or maybe even Bcc'ed hte head

My dad always put into me that you should always respect your superiors in the upper levels because they can always backfire on you especially when you're vulnerable. "No offense" will not fly with superiors. I tried to bring up a grading scale question at the board of education meeting as a student rep and my principal comes back the next day and was pissed off about what I said. The very fact you question the higher authority will most often times backfire against you rather than accomplishing what you intended it to.

I haven't started college yet but it does sound to me that sending such an email to your professor (who often care less than HS teachers) might have been a bad idea.

My dad always put into me that you should always respect your superiors in the upper levels because they can always backfire on you especially when you're vulnerable. "No offense" will not fly with superiors. I tried to bring up a grading scale question at the board of education meeting as a student rep and my principal comes back the next day and was pissed off about what I said. The very fact you question the higher authority will most often times backfire against you rather than accomplishing what you intended it to.

I haven't started college yet but it does sound to me that sending such an email to your professor (who often care less than HS teachers) might have been a bad idea.

You should have gone and spoken to him face to face during office hours. Or written an email that didn't insult the professor so many times.

You should have gone and spoken to him face to face during office hours. Or written an email that didn't insult the professor so many times.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

30t6p3b.gif
  who did you talk to first ? LeBrons management team?

167mrrd.gif

No, but I had already planned on meeting with him in person after the exam to discuss it. I sent him a follow-up e-mail saying that I'd be more than happy to talk with him after the exam and discuss it. 

30t6p3b.gif

167mrrd.gif

No, but I had already planned on meeting with him in person after the exam to discuss it. I sent him a follow-up e-mail saying that I'd be more than happy to talk with him after the exam and discuss it. 

30t6p3b.gif

167mrrd.gif

You sent another e-mail after this one without even getting a response to the first one? That just makes it seem as if you knew the original e-mail was inappropriate after sending it and are now trying to do what you should have done in the first place which is discuss this in person. There is a much greater chance of a professor reasoning with you if it's in person as opposed to an e-mail.

Back
Top Bottom