sean taylor shot?

i def understand that its the media's job to speculate and look at the bigger picture which is all fine and dandy. i dunno why but theres just somethingbout these statements that just irks me and i hope im not the only one.
Taylor grew up in a violent world, embraced it, claimed it, loved to run in it and refused to divorce himself from it. He ain't the first and won't be the last. We have no idea what happened, or if what we know now will be revised later. It's sad, yes, but hardly surprising.

Because they are insensitive and almost give the sense that there is no compasion felt for a decent guy who is could be dying.

I know he isnt saying that he deserved it but that is what it sounds like.

Personally I dont have a problem with someone feeling that way thats your opinion and you got every right to say it whatever doesnt show any tact of course buthis right nonetheless.

What irks me really is the articles that start off saying he got shot and then go directly into how many times he has been arrested.

talk about his career his pro bowl apperance his daughter but no it turns into how he pleaded out of a felony charge. I just dont see why that is worthmentioning besides to belittle the fact that he was shot.

Originally Posted by Spotti3otti3dopaliscious

that would lead anybody to believe he is a thug? Be cause he's black? From Miami? Wears dreads?

Yep. That's it. Stereotypical media B5. Shame to see Wilbon has fallen in line with his peers.

Im not saying he is or he isnt but to blame Taylor's perception in the media on race is ridiculous.

ok its not their job, but that doesnt mean they dont do it. and im not the one advocatin it.

ESPNEWS just reported that he's non responsive and might die

They also said that he didn't get enough oxygen to his brain after he was shot.

Come on Sean, pull through my man.

OMG. I just heard this.....omg
frown.gif

The Miami Herald reports Sean Taylor may have suffered damage to his brain as a result of blood loss after being shot Sunday night.

Lawyer and friend of the Taylor family Richard Sharpstein confirms that the ********' free safety emerged from surgery at 12:30 ET, but remainsunconscious and in intensive care.

^^^ I'm assuming he was reaching for it before he had opened his bedroom door and then proceeded to get shot at

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Its not the media's job to speculate. They are to report the NEWS state facts and remain objective.

Gotta disagree with you here a bit... I don't think you're referring to wilbon so much with this as you are the entire situation in general, butthere's a difference between an anchor man at at news desk and somebody like Wilbon who is asked his opinion on things in the news world.
It's the same with newspapers and such - unless it's in the editorial/opinion section, it had better be fact only.

But I also think the media has a right and somewhat of an obligation to circulate anything they hear to be true, if they believe it to be credible... even ifthat means they have to preface it by saying they can't confirm just yet.
Taylor's house was broken into 11/17
Taylor's mom called 911 at that time
the eastside glass window had been pryed open
Also.... a knife was left on the bed of Sean
excuse me... a knife was left on one of the beds

another break-in occured in July
See - this is why the media isn't completely out of line when bring up his past.. something is going on here. Maybe, if it's true his dadis a police chief, it's related to something like that. But this doesn't seem at all to be a random break-in to me. It's worth mentioning hispast in that context... though i'll admit i haven't seen any media reports on TV or anything, so i can't say for sure how exactly they'remaking their speculations tied in.

According to what some people are saying the situation is A LOT worse than being reported. Some are saying ST was dead on the way to the hospital and had to berevived.

Also this was mentioned by one of the posters on the Miami boards who works at a news station.

Taylor's house was broken into 11/17
Taylor's mom called 911 at that time
the eastside glass window had been pryed open
Also.... a knife was left on the bed of Sean
excuse me... a knife was left on one of the beds
another break-in occured in July

EDIT: This is from the Miami Herald "A week before Washington ******** player Sean Taylor was shot in his Palmetto Bay house, a burglar broke in, rifledthrough his things, and left a knife on a bed inside hishouse, according to police records."

Somebody breaks into my home and leaves a damn knife on my bed, I'm either leaving or hiring a security firm until I can.

eek.gif

Hopefully he gets through this whole ordeal. My prayers are with him and his family.

Originally Posted by heat23

ESPNEWS just reported that he's non responsive and might die

They also said that he didn't get enough oxygen to his brain after he was shot.

Come on Sean, pull through my man.

i just saw on nfl live they said he had brain damage and one of his family friends said he was clinging on to life by a thread.

come on sean hope he pulls through

Honestly I'd rather they pull the plug than to live with brain damage, hope the doctors made a mistake

man, this makes me so upset. i was always a big fan sean. i pray that he can make it through this with no brain damage. i hope god can deliver a miracle.

Originally Posted by Meb07

Originally Posted by Spotti3otti3dopaliscious

that would lead anybody to believe he is a thug? Be cause he's black? From Miami? Wears dreads?

Yep. That's it. Stereotypical media B5. Shame to see Wilbon has fallen in line with his peers.

Im not saying he is or he isnt but to blame Taylor's perception in the media on race is ridiculous.

That's an oxymoron.
The media are the people who conjured up this whole thug facade. It's just like baseball and Barry Bonds....Do you think ifBarry was more friendly with the media they would've crucified him the way they did and do? No. Look at all the other Roids-heads in the MLB. You don'tsee them getting ihsed on everyday in the papers and on TV.

ST wasn't camera friendly and wasn't media-friendly and this is how they take it out on him. They portray him as a thug so much that people BELIEVE ITto be true when it's not. This is what you're not realizing.

It happens to all of our players. No doubt the fact that he played for the U has something to do with the media's bias against him.

Amy Shipley just said he is doing "alright" on ESPN News....So i dont know if he is on his last breath or if he is just recovering. His lawyer issaying he is dying and the family members are saying that he is doing ok.

I hope the family isnt just being optimistic

wtf ... i didnt realize it was that that serious ... wtf is this++$!*!$%* ... people need to%##$@$% kill themselves for committing crimes like this .. if hedies it will seriously be a blower

Back
Top Bottom