sean taylor shot?

Yeah, I hear that Deuce....also, who knows what would have happened if Sean Taylor wasn't there in the first place? I mean, I dunno if his GF and daughterstay in FLA while he is up here, but it only makes me wonder about the mindset of the dude who pulled the trigger. God forbid if he would have gone after morepeople in that house. I heard the same thing in that he is in stable condition and out of surgery. He has a uphill battle, but a lot of people have kept him intheir thoughts, and hopefully the kid makes it out alright. I said in another thread that I hope he is back in 08', but this is bigger than footballitself. I just want the guy to be alright. Football is secondary, and I hope people can look past all the BS that is being spewed by the media and some peoplein this thread, and just stay positive.

They are saying that the projectile hit his femoral artery which is the main artery for the lowerappendages. Massive blood loss is par for an injury of such.

When they say he is somewhat stable after the surgery, they don't mean he is in stable condition. He's still in critical condition.

Now the injury is in the groin area and police are not suspecting a burglary or home invasion. Just a guess but Sean Taylor got caught with another woman and got shot in the balls by his current girlfriend/spouse/whatever.

indifferent.gif
He was with his girlfriend and his daughter in their house. Don't make insensitive jokes, especially when you have no idea what you're talkingabout.

UPDATE (1:15 p.m.): That's what I got at 12:30 this afternoon. This was the latest update from the same assistant. "He's had surgery and he's out of it now. I'm not sure if he's going to have other procedure. But from what I hear he may not be able to play again. They think his career is over. He lost too much blood and apparently it affected his brain some. It just doesn't sound good and its going to be a long road back to recovery."

tired.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

When they say he is somewhat stable after the surgery, they don't mean he is in stable condition. He's still in critical condition.

Now the injury is in the groin area and police are not suspecting a burglary or home invasion. Just a guess but Sean Taylor got caught with another woman and got shot in the balls by his current girlfriend/spouse/whatever.

indifferent.gif
He was with his girlfriend and his daughter in their house. Don't make insensitive jokes, especially when you have no idea what you're talking about.
Ditto. I don't like the way the media's harping on his past. In a situation like this, that stuff isn't important. They're alwaystrying boost ratings at any cost. Shame on the media...

UPDATE (1:15 p.m.): That's what I got at 12:30 this afternoon. This was the latest update from the same assistant. "He's had surgery and he's out of it now. I'm not sure if he's going to have other procedure. But from what I hear he may not be able to play again. They think his career is over. He lost too much blood and apparently it affected his brain some. It just doesn't sound good and its going to be a long road back to recovery."
Pretty much what I expected. There is probably some nerve damage to with all that blood loss. Well my day is ruined but I wish him the best.

I don't like the way the media's harboring on his past. In a situation like this, that stuff isn't important. They're always trying boost ratings at any cost. Shame on the media...
Agreed..Its sickning to be honest with you. Dude is laying in the hospital in critical condition and people are bringing up his past run ins withlaw. Sean got shot people have no class whatsoever. Let dude live.

Originally Posted by franchise3

tired.gif
frown.gif

To use a recent example, Kevin Everett was never supposed to walk again. Would people please stop jumping to conclusions when the only fact that isknown at this time is that Sean Taylor was shot.

tired.gif
frown.gif

Oh come on, I hope this is not true at all. Come on ST, get thru this.

As for what Double J's posted, I don't even want to think about what dude with the gun was doin with a small child in thehouse. For all we know Sean could have saved his babies life and I am sure he would give up his career if that were indeed the case. God be with Sean and hisfam tonight.
tired.gif

Agreed..Its sickning to be honest with you. Dude is laying in the hospital in critical condition and people are bringing up his past run ins with law. Sean got shot people have no class whatsoever. Let dude live.
Exactly. simply pathetic. all you hear on ESPN is his past run-ins with the law. for goodness sake the man's life is on the line. bunch ofidiots.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

tired.gif
frown.gif
To use a recent example, Kevin Everett was never supposed to walk again. Would people please stop jumping to conclusions when the only fact that is known at this time is that Sean Taylor was shot.

That was a spinal cord injury. It's bascially a toss up when that type of thing happens because doctors have no accurate way of determining the extentof the injury.

Come on ST.
frown.gif

That was a spinal cord injury. It's bascially a toss up when that type of thing happens because doctors have no accurate way of determining the extent of the injury.
I am not comparing injuries I am comparing the immediate and useless jump to conclusions in each case. If its a toss up and you're 50%positive that someone will never walk or play again, don't bother telling the public, releasing statements, or speculate.

Apparently it wasnt some anonymous person saying he is in a coma it was Chris Samuels and Chris Cooley.

just SMH

It was probably medically induced but that doesnt make me feel any better whatsoever honestly

Sean Taylor of the Washington ******** is in critical condition after an intruder shot the football player in the groin early Monday in his home on Old Cutler Road in South Miami Dade.

Taylor, a former University of Miami star and Gulliver Preparatory School graduate with a controversial past, was airlifted to the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital. He was reported to be in surgery. About 20 family members and friends gathered at Ryder Trauma on Monday morning. They cried, made phone calls, talked among themselves and refused to speak with reporters, as they awaited the outcome of emergency surgery.

Taylor's lawyer and family friend, Richard Sharpstein, said Taylor emerged from surgery in better shape and will likely live. He is in intensive care and doctors have allowed his family to see him.

According to police, Miami-Dade patrol officers received a call about 1:45 a.m. Monday that a homeowner had been shot in the leg. The homeowners told police they heard intruders at the rear door of the house, trying to pry it open.

The male homeowner went to investigate and a woman in the house then heard a shot. Paramedics responded and found Taylor with a gunshot wound to the groin. Detective Juan Villalba, a Miami-Dade police spokesman, said police were interviewing relatives who were potential witnesses.

Richard Sharpstein, who represented Taylor in a previous criminal case, said Taylor and his girlfriend were in their bedroom and heard noises in the house. The couple's baby was also in the house. As he walked to the bedroom door to check out the noise, the door swung open and someone fired two shots at Taylor. One shot hit his groin, the other missed him. Taylor's girlfriend found him breathing heavily.

''Nothing was stolen. They shot at him and fled,'' said Sharpstein, who was visiting family at the hospital. ``He is clearly the victim of assault in his own home.''

Sharpstein said someone tried to break into Taylor's house last weekend.

Retirees Pat and Jim Smith live in the house next to Taylor's. They said they heard voices outside about 2:30 a.m. and went outside to check it out. Jim Smith talked to a woman with a baby in her arms who he believes is Taylor's nanny. She said someone tried to break into Taylor's house last weekend and again earlier this weekend.

''I am going to make sure my gun is loaded,'' Jim Smith said. ``We never did have any problems here.''

The shooting happened at Taylor's home on Old Cutler Rd. in Palmetto Bay in South Dade. Taylor paid $900,000 for the four bedroom, four-bath house in 2005, according to the county's property appraiser's website. The one-story, pale yellow house is protected by a white wall with black gates, and a buzzer controls access. A car draped beneath a car cover and a boat can be seen on the grounds.

Lt. Nancy Perez, a spokeswoman with the Miami-Dade Police Department, said police have been unable to talk to Taylor. They want to find out who shot him and why. They have no further information.

Taylor's family has asked that no information about his condition be released at this point, said Lorraine Nelson, a hospital spokeswoman.

Taylor, 24, is in his fourth season with the ********. He suffered a sprained right knee on Nov. 11 against the Philadelphia Eagles, an injury that had sidelined him indefinitely. The ******** played the Buccaneers in Tampa Sunday.

In 2004 he was the fifth pick overall by the ******** as one of their starting safeties after a stellar career at the University of Miami. He signed a seven-year, $18 million contract. His junior year at UM he led the Big East conference and was second in the nation in interceptions with nine.

He was an All-American, Thorpe Award finalist and Big East Defensive Player of the Year during his UM career.

Taylor is no stranger to controversy.

He was arrested in June 2005 for waving a gun at a group of people he believed had stolen his all terrain vehicle. Felony charges were dropped, but he eventually pleaded no contest to misdemeanor assault and battery. Taylor's Miami lawyer, Richard Sharpstein, said Taylor was actually the victim and that charges should never have been filed against him.

After the plea, Ryan Lee Hill, one of the men in front of whom Taylor allegedly waved a gun, sued Taylor, claiming Taylor hit him repeatedly in a fight and brandished a gun at him. Because of injuries he supposedly received during the fight, including bruises to his body, Hill lost wages and incurred medical expenses.

In the lawsuit, which according to court files is still active, Hill claims Taylor and some friends went looking for people who allegedly stole his all terrain vehicles. According to the suit, Taylor pummeled Hill with his fists and called him a thief. Taylor then left and returned with more friends and pointed an assault rifle at Hill.

''Total garbage and untrue,'' Sharpstein said of Hill's account in an interview Monday.

Taylor's father, Pedro Taylor, the police chief of Florida City, could not be reached for comment. But a woman who answered the phone in his office said he was at the hospital awaiting the result of his son's surgery.

''There were a number of people who were jealous of Sean's success,'' Sharpstein said.

Before he was drafted, he was rebuked by the NFL for leaving the league's mandatory rookie symposium early, and drew a $25,000 fine.

Miami Herald Staff Writer Patricia Mazzei contributed to this report.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/320910.html

...I know how I feel about Taylor, and this latest news isn't surprising in the least, not to me. Whether this incident is or isn't random, Taylor grew up in a violent world, embraced it, claimed it, loved to run in it and refused to divorce himself from it. He ain't the first and won't be the last. We have no idea what happened, or if what we know now will be revised later. It's sad, yes, but hardly surprising.
-Michael Wilbon, from his chat earlier today.

Originally Posted by SingleDigitJsOnly

...I know how I feel about Taylor, and this latest news isn't surprising in the least, not to me. Whether this incident is or isn't random, Taylor grew up in a violent world, embraced it, claimed it, loved to run in it and refused to divorce himself from it. He ain't the first and won't be the last. We have no idea what happened, or if what we know now will be revised later. It's sad, yes, but hardly surprising.
-Michael Wilbon, from his chat earlier today.
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
@ Wilbon

Taylor grew up in a violent world, embraced it, claimed it, loved to run in it and refused to divorce himself from it.
so apparently mike wilbon knows sean taylor personally
grin.gif

what in the world is he talkin about?

Back
Top Bottom