Sacramento Kings off-season thread

Read he rest of the convo exchange between grant napear and sac town royally

What's going on
mean.gif
?
laugh.gif
 Just typical Peaches being a prick and getting all butt hurt because StR didn't cite Napear or his show for having Malone on and saying that Terry is out for the season

It's a love hate thing for me with peaches. I like that he's straight to the point and doesn't sugar coat things but he's a bit of a diva too. If you don't agree with his opinion then you're wrong and he becomes very condescending.

Peaches 
mean.gif

totally agree with Lightweight. i like his play by play. but he is super opinionated.

His favorite thing to do lately is defend Isaiah Thomas at all costs and call everyone an idiot if they think the Kings should look to upgrade the PG position

Peaches 
mean.gif

totally agree with Lightweight. i like his play by play. but he is super opinionated.

His favorite thing to do lately is defend Isaiah Thomas at all costs and call everyone an idiot if they think the Kings should look to upgrade the PG position
I 10000% agree with @Lightweight Champion

I also agree with you, @Nelson999, he is soooo opinionated its crazy. Once he picks a side, he will defend it to no end (ie: the Maloofs).

But, sadly, I also agree with Peaches, in calling the listeners idiots when it comes to IT.

You hear all the time, 'we need a PG' 'get rid of Thomas' things of those nature on his show. But when it comes down to it, we aren't getting John Wall or Steph Curry or Kyrie Irving (which ironically are all sort of the same type of scoring player as Thomas), hell we can't even get a recover/disgruntled Rondo for Thomas regardless if that report from Spears was false or not. 

What it comes down to, is what solution do you see to this? Sure you can reply with saying you want a player who can defend, pass the ball, not turn the ball over, good shot selection, etc; but can you give that player a first and last name?

IMO, the people who cry for the outing of Isaiah Thomas are a lot like the people of STOP. Great at *****ing and moaning, causing a big scene, but at the end of the day you are offering only negativity and no real solutions. 

Who would you like to see be that upgrade at the PG position?

Thats when Peaches is right in calling the callers idiots. 

Last edited:
Do you really think Isaiah Thomas will ever be the starting PG of a very good team? because that's the point.  And any time someone suggests that Isaiah is better suited off the bench, he will reply with "Well i don't know what the hell you have been watching"

Do you really think Isaiah Thomas will ever be the starting PG of a very good team? because that's the point.  And any time someone suggests that Isaiah is better suited off the bench, he will reply with "Well i don't know what the hell you have been watching"
I'm skeptical as well, but he's 23 years old and true point guards take a little while to develop; players like Teague, Conley, Holiday, Lowry, Parker, Calderon, Lawson, none of those guys were any better than Thomas is now in their 3rd year in the league so I am inclined to believe that Thomas has a chance to develop further.

I agree with you that Isaiah would be nice off the bench, it would be AMAZING to have a PG better than Thomas, because it would likely mean we have acquired a massive upgrade at the position. But, realistically, I don't see how we make that upgrade at PG without trading our 1st rd pick/Mclemore, maybe Gay or Cousins. And I don't think its worth it.

But that wasn't the point I was trying to make, I was just saying that callers are idiots for condemning Thomas with quickness but then stopping there.

Ok, so we traded Isaiah, who do we have at PG now? 

We let Thomas walk in free agency, what PG could we have starting now?

Alright, lets bring Thomas off the bench, now what?

Its like planning to rob a bank, sticking up the bank and having the money in your possession, and then not having an escape route. 

And I think Peaches blows up at people for having these incomplete thoughts imagine talking to people all day who can't finish a sentence; I would lose my mind too.

Last edited:
Marshall would be interesting for sure. He's a rare purely pass-first point guard.

The others I can think of are probably Vasquez, Rondo, Rubio. I'm sure there are a few more I can't think of.

I feel you on Grant and Jerry's man crush on IT 
laugh.gif
 and Napear just loses it on the most random ****, its hilarious. He's been sticking up for the team ALOT lately, it weirds me out cuz it just brings back bad memories of how he would stick up for the Maloofs and the team back then when it was very obvious that we had nothing positive going.

I was at that last game vs the Warriors..... it was gross. The entire team sputtered, I have no idea how the game was remotely close. Outlaw was probably our best player that night 
mean.gif

As for Thomas struggling, I think I just chalk it up to growing pains and cut him some slack because he has yet to have a whole off season for preparing to be the starting PG. Last season it was Aaron Brooks, this year Vasquez. But still, even among his bad games like the Warriors game he had some positives, like shooting a somewhat efficient 9/17 for 26, although the 7 TOs obviously detract from that stat.

For a player who has such deficiencies like you listeed, he's still putting up 20 ppg and 6 apg, his 2.8 TOs a game isn't the worst stat in the world especially considering his usage rate, plus he's still having nice efficiency number. I guess for me, I'm just able to take the positives with the negatives for now 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
He's a good player there is no denying that. but his skillset is just not what you want from the player who is supposed to be running your team.  I saw a stat yesterday that he has the ball in his hands more than any player in the league besides John Wall. He is becoming the ultimate ball dominant guard and that's not really what you want especially when you have guys like Rudy Gay and DeMarcus Cousins on the team

Better than lat years thread where we would just talk about the Kings moving to another city :lol:

Last edited:
Damn man, our guard rotation for the rest of the season is: Thomas, McLemore, Jimmer, McCallum :x

Good opportunity for Ben and Ray to get some valuable playing time and experience though. Jimmer too.

Also hopefully IT plays as well as he did the first part of the season

Damn man, our guard rotation for the rest of the season is: Thomas, McLemore, Jimmer, McCallum 
sick.gif
Good opportunity for Ben and Ray to get some valuable playing time and experience though. Jimmer too.
definitely. one of the only things i'll be looking forward to watching in the final 28 games is Ben and Ray getting more minutes.

but as far as guard rotations go, that's gotta be right towards the bottom of the league

Terry would have been nice in 2k14 too.... But with this struggle guard rotation it'll be a little difficult to play with this squad online
laugh.gif
ehh, Jimmer and McLemore can hit 3s in 2k. thats all that really matters from guards in that game.

yea the rotation is among the worst in the league at the 1 and 2 spot :lol:

Hopefully we win enough games to keep DMC from blowing up at teammates, refs, or the coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom