Sacramento Kings off-season thread

I was waiting for the 720 and it never happened
frown.gif
Format screwed him over on that one. We only got to see one real dunk from each player. LAME!
New format sucked.

If it was the old format Flight 16 would have been top 2 easily
sick.gif
x2. Dude has some serious hops. Like elite, top of the league type of hops

yea he only had a chance to showcase 1 dunk.

I'm sure if it was old format, he would have attempted it in the later rounds

Yea he should definitely be invited back. The dunks he had in the freestyle round were legit (at :42 and 1:12)

He'll never make it back. Didn't have the greatest handles and couldn't shoot a lick. His younger brother on the other hand...
idk whom that is? I really stopped paying attention to local HS sports after I graduated.

My boy's little brother is tearing it up at Pepperdine after transferring from UCLA tho :pimp: :pimp:

where is Demarcus Nelson's brother balling at? D1 school?

I know he went to Sheldon and not really recruited by any of the big D1 schools

Darius Nelson. I believe he's at a small school now. He was recruited to UTEP but he left, went to Fullerton but had injury problems. Guy was a beast as a prep. I saw him as a freshman, he was a cheat code for Sheldon. He was much more polished than Demarcus was.

Darius Nelson. I believe he's at a small school now. He was recruited to UTEP but he left, went to Fullerton but had injury problems. Guy was a beast as a prep. I saw him as a freshman, he was a cheat code for Sheldon. He was much more polished than Demarcus was.
Speaking of polished, I am kinda surprised Elston Turner Jr didn't really catch on at UW and had to transfer to OK St.

Last I heard he's playing overseas as well too.

The kid was a year younger than me and tore us up when he was playing at Roseville 
mean.gif

Last edited:
unrelated but i played against Ryan Anderson a couple times in NCBA or whatever the hell it was called. in like 8th grade and also in high school. Dude was always tallest one on the court and dunking and just dominating everyone

unrelated but i played against Ryan Anderson a couple times in NCBA or whatever the hell it was called. in like 8th grade and also in high school. Dude was always tallest one on the court and dunking and just dominating everyone
I always thought you were younger than me 
laugh.gif

We played Oak Ridge only once (not including summers) when Anderson was there for a foundation game and got smoked 
mean.gif

I always thought you were younger than me 
laugh.gif
Class of 08 sucka! 

I didn't play High School ball, but i played against Ryan in a bunch of other leagues like NJB and NCBA during my high school years.

but yea my High School basketball was a joke. Their game plan was to just play defense and hold the ball to run as much time off the clock as possible so the other team can't score. their ideal game would be a 2-0 win.  They would literally bench you for the season if you had a fast break and went and took an open layup instead of holding the ball. so i said **** yall mother ******* that aint basketball.  

Last edited:
That strategy only works against teams that have little discipline or marginal talent. UCLA recruit Brendan Lane destroyed them at Arco in '08. Funny though, a freshman kid named Brad Waldow had the not so envious task of guarding him and was abused all night. Years later Waldow has shaped a nice career at St. Mary's and Lane is a nobody.

Ok nevermind you are younger than me... class of 07!!! :tongue:

:lol:  growing up, I used to think I lived in the boonies, but then we would go to other schools like Ponderosa, Placer, Nevada Union, and I wouldn't feel so bad about being from Rocklin 
Yeah Rocklin isn't really that far compared to those schools. That's just too far from civilization to me.

That strategy only works against teams that have little discipline or marginal talent. UCLA recruit Brendan Lane destroyed them at Arco in '08. Funny though, a freshman kid named Brad Waldow had the not so envious task of guarding him and was abused all night. Years later Waldow has shaped a nice career at St. Mary's and Lane is a nobody.
WHOA

you take that back!!!!

He is doing pretty well this season at Pepperdine.

I've known that kid since he was in the 4th grade, he was my boy's little brother I referenced earlier 
laugh.gif

Haha i know him! i'm friends with Brad.  im a couple years older than him but a couple of my buddies were friends with him so we used to play pickup games all the time, when he was EXTREMELY uncoordinated and not nearly as tall.  Crazy i used to destroy him and then he went on an insane growth spurt and got more serious about Bball and his game started to catch up with his body

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom