Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

See, I passed on all those.

Nothing in the last 2 years has compared to the heat that was released between '08 and 2012. The only thing that's kept me buying asics has been some of the GR's and RF's Miami's. Otherwise it's all been easy passes.

I hate to say it, but it seems like when all the euro spots were doing collabs with asics there was a lot of good stuff. Alife and PYS came proper back then too, but all these latest collabs over the last 2 years have been weak AF to me. The only people really beasting on them it seems are the people who just got into asics and want collabs and not GR's. All the old heads have mostly been passing too for the most part.

But most of the GRs have also been questionable too as of late. The white and red GLVs were undeniable but other stuff was only worthy to be copped on sale. I thought the second BAIT release was booty. First was decent at best. Asics brand has to have a turnaround as a whole. Even the two collabs I previously mentioned were late to the party when you compare them to drops from 09 to 2012.

Ronnie going through an identity crisis on twitter...

Clarks look good, but the colorblocking is horrible. Definitely not $180 or whatever BS they'll charge

It's pretty ridiculous that in 2014 it takes a shop 5 days to process shipping.
gotta count by business days but if they really only have TWO guys doing all of it... let's say 10000 orders + other ordesr... then maybe it is a miracle they're getting em out so fast. 

gotta count by business days but if they really only have TWO guys doing all of it... let's say 10000 orders + other ordesr... then maybe it is a miracle they're getting em out so fast. 
If they only have two guys doing it they should outsource packing/shipping to someone.

But most of the GRs have also been questionable too as of late. The white and red GLVs were undeniable but other stuff was only worthy to be copped on sale. I thought the second BAIT release was booty. First was decent at best. Asics brand has to have a turnaround as a whole. Even the two collabs I previously mentioned were late to the party when you compare them to drops from 09 to 2012.

Agreed, I've passed on most of the GR's too, but there's been 3 or 4 worth copping to me. I've been into and copped more GR's than collabs the last 2 years. Which is crazy since most of all the asics I bought from 08 - 2012 were collabs (a lot of their GR's sucked back then tho, but there was a couple Europe only GR releases I can't find for the life of me, and regret not looking harder back then)...

They already do outsource
ok then that's pretty bad. haha but they are the talk of the hour so it's fine. i've gotten my stuff from nike and eastbay standard shipping. if i get em, i get em. but and i'll admit this freely, i did buy the 3m laces in a sep order...and if that ships and the shoes don't, it would be hard. 

Thanx.

Thing is, he hasn't had that much solid asics competition lately. At least in my opinion. The baits, those salmon toe rip offs (can't remember the name, lol), and just most of the collabs in the last couple years have been mediocre at best (just get beasted on still cuz they're limited and catch the eye of people who have just gotten up on asics recently and will buy anything basically, especially any sort of limited collab, so they can say they have something other than GR's, which I find funny cuz IMO the asics GR's have been better colorways than most of the collabs lately, and neither have had materials that much better than the other).

It's not like a few years ago when you had other solid asics collabs coming out like sole box's, alvin purps, slam jam 1's, hanon wildcats, PYS, etc, etc.

I feel like the best days are over for Asics. I don't want it to be, and I'm not saying that in the typical runner elitist sense of them not being cool anymore cuz they're popular, but it just seems like not a lot is coming out that is really dope like they were a few years ago.

We'll see tho.
It's all simply opinion, because all those older collabs you named are garbage to me. Also the EB pack was pretty nice imo. Phantom Lagoons were great. RF has been killing it and most would agree with me. I think people just want to like what they came up with because that's what's classic to them.

Last edited:
It's all simply opinion, because all those older collabs you named are garbage to me. Also the EB pack was pretty nice imo

Wow.

Saying slam jam 1's, sole box's, alvin purps, hanons, PYS, etc, are "garbage" and then saying that god awful EB pack was nice?

Unthinkable.

The collabs I mentioned are the holy grails of asics collabs to most runner collectors. And most wouldn't touch that EB pack or any of these recent ones with a 10 ft. pole. :lol:

Really is all a matter of opinion I suppose. Ya say something like that tho on the other site and cats like MackDre and the "runner elitists" would roast you. :lol: I'm not like that tho.

It's funny to me how most people new to asics won't look twice at the grey ARC's these days, but I, and many others consider them the GOAT. Lol.

I think it's mostly 83XXX orders getting handled today. It seemed like they went backwards from the last order placed to the first for the most part. 
That's not true.  My order #s were 88*** and 89*** and they both shipped.  I don't think they're shipping out based on the order of the number.  I think it' s based on your geographic location. 

Last edited:
concepts is the only US boutique that's actually cancelled an order of mine (but they did bless me with discounted cnotes
pimp.gif
)

I think it's mostly 83XXX orders getting handled today. It seemed like they went backwards from the last order placed to the first for the most part. 
That's not true.  My order #s were 88*** and 89*** and they both shipped.  I don't think they're shipping out based on the order of the number.  I think it' s based on your geographic location. 
False, my brother gets his mints in today,

i shipped my coves back home and the label was only created today. 

Last edited:

That's my point. My 89 shipped as well. 83 and 85 haven't. Seems like higher (more recent orders) have been handled.

My order starts with 91 and it scheduled to be delivered today....

As for the Clark's...

The red pair is nicer to me based on the 1 pic I've seen need more/better pics to judge

Wow.

Saying slam jam 1's, sole box's, alvin purps, hanons, PYS, etc, are "garbage" and then saying that god awful EB pack was nice?

Unthinkable.

The collabs I mentioned are the holy grails of asics collabs to most runner collectors. And most wouldn't touch that EB pack or any of these recent ones with a 10 ft. pole.
laugh.gif

Really is all a matter of opinion I suppose. Ya say something like that tho on the other site and cats like MackDre and the "runner elitists" would roast you.
laugh.gif
I'm not like that tho.

It's funny to me how most people new to asics won't look twice at the grey ARC's these days, but I, and many others consider them the GOAT. Lol.
I think over time what is universally liked (trending was a crude term for this statement) by the majority of sneaker purchasers, especially in runners, has changed. Looking at the older collabs and older stuff you and many other older runner lovers like is more muted colorways. Toned down. ALOT of grey.

I think the newer crowd into runners likes the louder, flashier, brighter stuff. LOL that could just be Fieg stans though. But then again wtf do I know. 

Last edited:
^^ arcs, hannon's, and slam jams are :pimp: but ive never like Alvin's or sole box but I have to disagree I really like(and own, so maybe that makes me biased) most of the colabs from recent like the 3 lies, Hal mortar, eb copperhead, st Alfred's. It definitely is a matter of opinion but it's hard to deny a quality made shoe

I really don't understand why everybody trips over the shipping, when it gets there it gets there. It's not like the people they outsourced to are sitting in a Warehouse twiddling their thumbs. I'm sure they're working as hard as they can to pump everyone's orders out, but it is apparent they are very overwhelmed.

Posting here the status of your shipment wont make them get to your home any sooner. RELAX.

hanon releasing the cove's instore on the 19th... mines probably won't have turned up by then and I'll have paid about £40-50 more than the £125 they're asking but don't think I could be bothered camping for these

Back
Top Bottom