Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

I'm not saying I like the clarks but I think those photos won't do them justice, in real life I think they'll look better, especially in natural light.

Quote:

Pillowtalking is for birds.

RF's doing numbers and expanding faster than anyone in the runner circuit. A fool would lose sight of the big picture because a color gets re-used. Staple, Undefeated, and Diamond milked a single colorway dry and it's labeled iconic. Fieg uses some twice and it compels you to write essays filled with f***ery.

I don't usually agree with Proto but I think he makes some valid points in his "first" post. He's been around the game for awhile and has the collection to back it up.

I think we can all agree that RF has indeed carved out a niche for himself and he's going to stick with what sells. The best thing that can happen (and already is, I think) is for boutiques and other designers to continue to hit home runs with their collabs/releases. Competition breeds competition, and the consumer ultimately wins.

Thanx.

Thing is, he hasn't had that much solid asics competition lately. At least in my opinion. The baits, those salmon toe rip offs (can't remember the name, lol), and just most of the collabs in the last couple years have been mediocre at best (just get beasted on still cuz they're limited and catch the eye of people who have just gotten up on asics recently and will buy anything basically, especially any sort of limited collab, so they can say they have something other than GR's, which I find funny cuz IMO the asics GR's have been better colorways than most of the collabs lately, and neither have had materials that much better than the other).

It's not like a few years ago when you had other solid asics collabs coming out like sole box's, alvin purps, slam jam 1's, hanon wildcats, PYS, etc, etc.

I feel like the best days are over for Asics. I don't want it to be, and I'm not saying that in the typical runner elitist sense of them not being cool anymore cuz they're popular, but it just seems like not a lot is coming out that is really dope like they were a few years ago.

We'll see tho.

The clarks actually aren't bad. I do agree with the comments posted earlier about the colorways. Two shoes with practically identical color blocking in one year is a bit too much. The Cncpts collab with clarks were cool but equally predictable (red and teal desert boots with full sole like the wallabies). I understand the desire to do something different as you have NY brands like Supreme dropping desert boots, malis, and wallabies every freaking season in every variayion imaginable. At least he surprised me--I thought he was going to do a salmon or coral wally lol.

Asics are still going strong. The EB pack was dope, st.als werent bad, the HAL joints were fire and who knows what we got in store this year. Asics ain't falling off as much as you say, it's just hard to remember all the good releases with the amount of sneakers that release weekly now.

no one wants salmon toe clarks

maybe Fieg and his Just Us minions, but not the general public

Those independence day joints are unique though

And also very ugly.

Remind me of the gold joints he did in '07, which was his first, or one of his very first asics collabs. The ones he got ROASTED for on iss and ended up threatening people with guns and stuff over it. :lol:

Quite like the salmon toe clarks but the runner shaped upper does not go hand in hand with the slippery *** crepe sole - have numerous desert boots with the crepe sole and when it's wet out, you'd be like breaking some moves from how slippery those fukers are.

Thanx.

Thing is, he hasn't had that much solid asics competition lately. At least in my opinion. The baits, those salmon toe rip offs (can't remember the name, lol), and just most of the collabs in the last couple years have been mediocre at best (just get beasted on still cuz they're limited and catch the eye of people who have just gotten up on asics recently and will buy anything basically, especially any sort of limited collab, so they can say they have something other than GR's, which I find funny cuz IMO the asics GR's have been better colorways than most of the collabs lately, and neither have had materials that much better than the other).

It's not like a few years ago when you had other solid asics collabs coming out like sole box's, alvin purps, slam jam 1's, hanon wildcats, PYS, etc, etc.

I feel like the best days are over for Asics. I don't want it to be, and I'm not saying that in the typical runner elitist sense of them not being cool anymore cuz they're popular, but it just seems like not a lot is coming out that is really dope like they were a few years ago.

We'll see tho.

Yeah the 3 Lies (salmon toe rip offs as you call them) were pretty weak. The St Alfreds still take the cake as one of the best Asics releases in the past year. The colors used were different from the norm.

And also very ugly.

Remind me of the gold joints he did in '07, which was his first, or one of his very first asics collabs. The ones he got ROASTED for on iss and ended up threatening people with guns and stuff over it. :lol:
they look nice to me. He couldve used a different shade of gold though but the blue inside on one shoe and red inside on the other is sick.

Crepe sole= walking in clouds!!!
When u Give a crepe sole a try its over for any other desert boot or wallabe

Those salmon toe clarks are so 
sick.gif

And also very ugly.

Remind me of the gold joints he did in '07, which was his first, or one of his very first asics collabs. The ones he got ROASTED for on iss and ended up threatening people with guns and stuff over it.
laugh.gif
yooo i need to hear this story in more detail fam haha

And also very ugly.

Remind me of the gold joints he did in '07, which was his first, or one of his very first asics collabs. The ones he got ROASTED for on iss and ended up threatening people with guns and stuff over it.
laugh.gif
Funny thing is, those old ones are better than this new pair.  Still, that's not saying much since they're both terrible.

Asics are still going strong. The EB pack was dope, st.als werent bad, the HAL joints were fire and who knows what we got in store this year. Asics ain't falling off as much as you say, it's just hard to remember all the good releases with the amount of sneakers that release weekly now.

See, I passed on all those.

Nothing in the last 2 years has compared to the heat that was released between '08 and 2012. The only thing that's kept me buying asics has been some of the GR's and RF's Miami's. Otherwise it's all been easy passes.

I hate to say it, but it seems like when all the euro spots were doing collabs with asics there was a lot of good stuff. Alife and PYS came proper back then too, but all these latest collabs over the last 2 years have been weak AF to me. The only people really beasting on them it seems are the people who just got into asics and want collabs and not GR's. All the old heads have mostly been passing too for the most part.

Yeah the 3 Lies (salmon toe rip offs as you call them) were pretty weak. The St Alfreds still take the cake as one of the best Asics releases in the past year. The colors used were different from the norm.

As much as I don't like them (they just look like someone peed on your feet to me, lol), I agree. They are different. And the suede looks very nice on them.

I've been thinking about getting a pair and just having that midsole painted. Seen some dope customizations done to that shoe and it made me want them.

My post was in reference to other brands really. I think Saucony and Puma are just a couple who will have a really strong year.

Last edited:
i think some of the "freak out" is justified. i didn't mention it until late last night (cause i thought all tracking went out last night) but for others it's been 3-4 business days and dudes were getting their orders shipped or fulfilled on monday or tueday. i don't have too much exp with kith. got the kill bills awhile back and it was like day of or next day they shipped. 4 business days to get a shipping label out is either worrisome or they just sold too many and can't handle it. 

but if this were on ebay or something, buyers would leave negative feedback so quick. 

Last edited:
I think it's mostly 83XXX orders getting handled today. It seemed like they went backwards from the last order placed to the first for the most part. 

Back
Top Bottom