Rise of The Planet of the Apes

Originally Posted by DMoney82

I've always been confused as to where they actually were in the OG's. When Charlton Heston saw the statue of liberty piece and said "they blew it up!" Were they on another planet and pieces of the Earth landed on the Apes planet?[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Heston

No bro. Charles was on Earth the whole time. The apes took over. 

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

I've always been confused as to where they actually were in the OG's. When Charlton Heston saw the statue of liberty piece and said "they blew it up!" Were they on another planet and pieces of the Earth landed on the Apes planet?[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Heston

No bro. Charles was on Earth the whole time. The apes took over. 
Ok just making sure. That part always threw me off but why in the remake were there two moons?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

You're kidding right?

It was Earth.. That was the big reveal.

Also what time period is this in?
Is this a prequel to the OG movie or a complete reboot?
If so is this from years back or years ahead since the from the beginning to the end Caesar aged about 8 years.

I can see sequels going into Man vs Ape, Us dying from the disease (neighbor), that one ugly ape with the with the messed up face being an antagonist to caesar and be the X to caesars MLK.

Buck
frown.gif

When I first saw the trailer I thought ceasar was thade(01 pota movie)he resembles hiMBut after seeing rise it is definitely a reboot

Originally Posted by kiddwill58

When I first saw the trailer I thought ceasar was thade(01 pota movie)he resembles hiMBut after seeing rise it is definitely a reboot

Yea plus they had the other two apes that resembled the ones played by Michael Clark Duncan and Paul Giamatti. 

Its a reboot/origin story and its set in an undefined modern time.

The actor who played Caesar prior to the motion capture/CGI is Andy Serkis, same actor who played Gollum and King Kong

Very entertaining movie. The ending was a bit weak. The moment Cesar hugged Franco at the end and pulled his head close, I was praying that Cesar WOULD NOT speak. Once he did, that was what kinda ruined it for me.

Originally Posted by kiddwill58

One of my fav parts is when they're in da jungle gym actin crazy n ceasars chilling on da rock rubbing his chin thinking of a masterplan lol

Whole theater
laugh.gif
@ my theater lol.

The movie was
pimp.gif
Caesar was on that boss masta don tip with his rise to the top.. The whole teacher was like
embarassed.gif
when he screamed no
laugh.gif
caught us off guard.. Anybody care to share what happened after the credits? I left as soon as they came on smh

Originally Posted by Retrosniipes

i want a baby chimp now

laugh.gif

My dude Buck
tired.gif
frown.gif

Buck went out like a straight G though

Best movie I've seen in a long time.

I didn't know that was the neighbor after the credits though until my girl told me it was him.

NO
eek.gif
I almost fell out the seat of my chair... I definitely didn't see that coming.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Its a reboot/origin story and its set in an undefined modern time.

The actor who played Caesar prior to the motion capture/CGI is Andy Serkis, same actor who played Gollum and King Kong
In the OG they were thousands of years into the future. So they evolve and reproduce over time while taking over the planet

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

r u serious?
eyes.gif
Yea I was lol it's been a while since I saw the OG and I figured they were still on Earth when he said he was home the whole time. I just wonder why on the remake their planet had two moons.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Who the hell is Buck?
laugh.gif
The big black ape that jumped into the helicopter
Oh okay. I thought it was the old dude. People in here talking about how they cried over this character got me mad confused 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I didn't expect much from the film but ended up being blown away.
Great film imo and buck def was that ape
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Remember when they're on da bridge n it's mist but ceasar sensed it was da police squad n screamed WAIT!!!!n out smarted those datum cops I hope apes don't get any ideas like this lol

Back
Top Bottom