RIP pnb Rock

At some point we need to have a conversation about the “check in” culture in LA. It’s been going on forever but it’s becoming painfully obvious that if you are a rapper claiming and don’t tap in with some shooters in LA you’re pretty much food on the streets. And it’s not just street rappers, Yung berg doesn’t bother anybody and he almost got lined up not long ago. Jazze Pha got ran down on too.

Or we need to talk about how it isn't real. ****** act like it's a gang hotline a rapper can call and then all of the other 1 million gang members/jackboys in the city are just supposed to leave them alone.

Who was PNB supposed to check in with? How does it look? Were there going to be a bunch of gang ****** he don't know sitting at the table next to him and some in the parking lot next to his car?

You can get ran down on anywhere. Yung Berg got lined by a chick and got his home broken into. What major urban cities do these things not take place in? Especially places like LA and Atlanta who are going to attract a ton of transplants

At some point we need to have a conversation about the “check in” culture in LA. It’s been going on forever but it’s becoming painfully obvious that if you are a rapper claiming and don’t tap in with some shooters in LA you’re pretty much food on the streets. And it’s not just street rappers, Yung berg doesn’t bother anybody and he almost got lined up not long ago. Jazze Pha got ran down on too.

I wish the internet never got a hold of “check in” *****, because nobody knows what they talking about :lol:

Yung Berg got ran down on, cuz he was wilding. Like on E pills and disrespecting *****s :lol:. As far as the situation with him almost getting lined up, that can happen anywhere…when you dealing with certain type of women. The chick the one that was lining him up. That can happen anywhere.

It’s plenty of dudes that move fine from city to city, hood to hood. The ones that get caught up, are typically the ones seeking the F-erry, and flexing in areas they know they shouldn’t.

You act like that anywhere on this earth, you a target. It’s that simple.

Or we need to talk about how it isn't real. ****** act like it's a gang hotline a rapper can call and then all of the other 1 million gang members/jackboys in the city are just supposed to leave them alone.

Who was PNB supposed to check in with? How does it look? Were there going to be a bunch of gang ****** he don't know sitting at the table next to him and some in the parking lot next to his car?

You can get ran down on anywhere. Yung Berg got lined by a chick and got his home broken into. What major urban cities do these things not take place in? Especially places like LA and Atlanta who are going to attract a ton of transplants

*****s really be believing all the myths. And running with it. **** Crazy

The internets idea of it is warped and a myth.

That because everything has been sensationalized on media to have them thinking you can go talk to one OG and all of a sudden every little n**** going to give you a pass.

I would bet money on it that whoever killed PNB Rock was under the age of 24 he could've been affiliated or the shooter could have just been another robber.

It could be LA, NYC, Atlanta etc. Dude shouldn't have been in any hood in America driving that car with that jewelry on, and once he got caught slipping he should've just gave up the jewelry. I mean dude could've still shot him but at that point you gotta try to stay alive.

*****s really be believing all the myths. And running with it. **** Crazy
I think it exists in a way, reaching out to a local to see where is or isnt a place to be. If that makes any sense.

Not on some, you will be protected/untouchable.

Being that gangs in LA primarily beef with each other does the check in come with a safety radius?

Facts.

Checking in is a very real thing...meant for business purposes.

Say an artist / producer wants to do a show / business in a certain town / city.

Checking in is a "tax" in a way...just the cost of doing business if the intent is for things to go smoothly.

Could be considered by some as extortion but either way - Not meant for "civilians".

They not talking to "regular folks" when they say "check in" :lol:

Music business always been a dirty game...

Been like this since before Big Red...

Last edited:
I think it exists in a way, reaching out to a local to see where is or isnt a place to be. If that makes any sense.

Not on some, you will be protected/untouchable.

Humans do that instinctively. Especially black people traveling :lol:

I know people who don’t go to cookouts in their own towns…without asking “who all going be there” :lol:

“Checking in” (in the sense it’s popularized now) is nonsense. It’s really for some out of town/affiliated gang members looking to solidify ties with the original branch of said gang. And mostly, to flex (SOMEWHAT SAFELY) around poor people in poverty stricken neighborhoods that you aren’t from at all.

To think you could go to that location with that car and those jewels, I'm wondering if he didnt in fact checkin with someone. How could you think you'd be good there? He's living out there so its not like he didnt know where he was at or what time it was. That check in **** will lull these cats into a false sense of security and do dumb **** like he did.

Facts.

Checking in is a very real thing...meant for business purposes.

Say an artist / producer wants to do a show / business in a certain town / city.

Checking in is a "tax" in a way...just the cost of doing business if the intent is for things to go smoothly.

Could be considered by some as extortion but either way - Not meant for "civilians".

They not talking to "regular folks" when they say "check in" :lol:

Music business always been a dirty game...

Been like this since before Big Red...

Whoever the promoter is of said event is supposed to handle that scenario. Artist shouldn't be involved. In this PNB situation was there somebody he could have checked in with. I read a story a few months ago about some up and coming female rapper who said her hired LA security lined her up.

It’s crazy how ****** don’t make Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters check in when they play at the Forum and Crypto :lol:

Some of us are our own worst enemy

No way to know for sure...

Grohl might have some "miscellaneous" entries on the books too. :lol:

Anytime I go to LA, I make sure I tell whoever I am traveling with that it's important that we check in as soon as we land.

"Checking In" has always been funny to me because I've always wondered how the OTHER folks that you didn't check in with knew that you checked in.

Maybe you should get a visitor's badge or something? Always been stupid to me.

Back
Top Bottom