Realistically, what has the sweep done to Kobe's legacy?

It does nothing to it. Top 5-10 still.

It does however finally put a close to the MJ arguments. Think it's safe to say Kobe is likely not to be the best player on a championship run again. If somehow he is, more power to him and that would really increase his legacy.

& people can say all they want now about 'MJ doesn't matter, why bring him up, etc'....but we know damn well a ton of you were itching to go down that GOAT road if Kobe won this year.
laugh.gif

It does nothing to it. Top 5-10 still.

It does however finally put a close to the MJ arguments. Think it's safe to say Kobe is likely not to be the best player on a championship run again. If somehow he is, more power to him and that would really increase his legacy.

& people can say all they want now about 'MJ doesn't matter, why bring him up, etc'....but we know damn well a ton of you were itching to go down that GOAT road if Kobe won this year.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Have we all forgotten how many ALL TIME greats have been swept? Jordan...Shaq...LeBron...Kobe...many more. This doesn't HELP his legacy but you guys have the memory of a water bottle.
laugh.gif

Settle down.
I don't think he's talking about how great players never have gotten swept.  I think the OP was referring to how these other guys have never gotten swept when defending their title.  Either way, like the rest of you have said though, it doesn't hurt his legacy.

Shaq did in 2007...after the Heat won in 2006

Jordan never did.

Magic, Kareem, Drexler, Hakeem etc. have gotten swept after winning their titles, +#%* happens man. Doesn't take away from the great players they were.

Bron never had a title to defend.

Seriously just wait until his career and for that fact all of these guys to assess where they sit. 

Have we all forgotten how many ALL TIME greats have been swept? Jordan...Shaq...LeBron...Kobe...many more. This doesn't HELP his legacy but you guys have the memory of a water bottle.
laugh.gif

Settle down.
I don't think he's talking about how great players never have gotten swept.  I think the OP was referring to how these other guys have never gotten swept when defending their title.  Either way, like the rest of you have said though, it doesn't hurt his legacy.

Jordan never did.

Magic, Kareem, Drexler, Hakeem etc. have gotten swept after winning their titles, +#%* happens man. Doesn't take away from the great players they were.

Seriously just wait until his career and for that fact all of these guys to assess where they sit. 

Anyone who brings up Jordan and Kobe is just delusional. Yes Kobe is the 2nd best SG ever but that doesn't mean he's on MJ's level...
Kobe's had a lot of great moments in his career (been to the finals 7 times with 5 rings). But there's also a lot of bad out there that just can't be ignored (blowing the series vs Suns, game 7 against the Celtics both times). He's just had some big games where he didn't play his best, but he's not the only one.

Either way the guys is great and is a top 6-10 player of all time and I think that's where he'll finish. Only way he moves higher on that last is another ring or 2 and I just don't see him getting any more...

Anyone who brings up Jordan and Kobe is just delusional. Yes Kobe is the 2nd best SG ever but that doesn't mean he's on MJ's level...
Kobe's had a lot of great moments in his career (been to the finals 7 times with 5 rings). But there's also a lot of bad out there that just can't be ignored (blowing the series vs Suns, game 7 against the Celtics both times). He's just had some big games where he didn't play his best, but he's not the only one.

Either way the guys is great and is a top 6-10 player of all time and I think that's where he'll finish. Only way he moves higher on that last is another ring or 2 and I just don't see him getting any more...

"Only way he moves higher on that last is another ring or 2 and I just don't see him getting any more..."

roll.gif
People moving up players because of rings. Team achievements.
laugh.gif

That's the point of this whole thread. Why not just arbitrary move him up now?

Much like Kobe Bryant yesterday alot of you Kobe lovers failed and are failing to get the job done in this thread.  Your boy gave us yesterday so it's only best and fitting that you dudes do the same.

and Kobe's accomplishments are undeniable
Nice try champ, but make no mistake about it Kobe's "so called" accomplishments are tied to many people and certain circumstances...........that' not "undeniable" in any way shape or form.

As far as Jordan or any other great player getting swept, like others have said.........it happens or has happened.  The thing about it is, is the manner that certain players got swept by or the teams that they got swept by to begin with.  Getting blown out in Game 4 of the best of 7 series and having a HOF coach go out like that yesterday is not a good way for a great player to represent for his team or coach. 

"Only way he moves higher on that last is another ring or 2 and I just don't see him getting any more..."

roll.gif
People moving up players because of rings. Team achievements.
laugh.gif

That's the point of this whole thread. Why not just arbitrary move him up now?

Much like Kobe Bryant yesterday alot of you Kobe lovers failed and are failing to get the job done in this thread.  Your boy gave us yesterday so it's only best and fitting that you dudes do the same.

Nice try champ, but make no mistake about it Kobe's "so called" accomplishments are tied to many people and certain circumstances...........that' not "undeniable" in any way shape or form.

As far as Jordan or any other great player getting swept, like others have said.........it happens or has happened.  The thing about it is, is the manner that certain players got swept by or the teams that they got swept by to begin with.  Getting blown out in Game 4 of the best of 7 series and having a HOF coach go out like that yesterday is not a good way for a great player to represent for his team or coach. 

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

MisterP0315 wrote:

laugh.gif

Settle down.
 Look back at the teams those players played with when they got sweep.

You can't tell me they were on the same level as this LA team.
laugh.gif

No. Somehow, Kobe and the Lakers are Gods when they are winning...but when they are losing, Bynum is Bybum...Mr. Glass. Pau is Gasoft...and so on. You're merely looking at names and not what actually went down in the series.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

MisterP0315 wrote:

laugh.gif

Settle down.
 Look back at the teams those players played with when they got sweep.

You can't tell me they were on the same level as this LA team.
laugh.gif

No. Somehow, Kobe and the Lakers are Gods when they are winning...but when they are losing, Bynum is Bybum...Mr. Glass. Pau is Gasoft...and so on. You're merely looking at names and not what actually went down in the series.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by CP1708

Magic lost 4 finals and was swept, Shaq was swept in Orld, LA, and Miami. When you play a dozen damn years in the playoffs, you bound to take lumps. Only dude that don't know the feeling is Bill Russell. The wins outweigh the losses. Kobe has more titles than anyone who has played in the post MJ era. He hasn't won every series, but his team has succeeded moreso than any other franchise since 96. Duncan got lumps, Dirk got lumps, Bron got lumps, KG got em, TMac got a whole @#$% load of em.....
laugh.gif

I guarantee you that this stan ain't got Bill Ruell higher than Kobe on his all-time list though
roll.gif
Today?  Yes I do.  Looks like you're wrong, yet again.  Nothing new for you though. 
laugh.gif
  Keep actin like you know anything about me tho. 

Magic lost 4 finals and was swept, Shaq was swept in Orld, LA, and Miami. When you play a dozen damn years in the playoffs, you bound to take lumps. Only dude that don't know the feeling is Bill Russell. The wins outweigh the losses. Kobe has more titles than anyone who has played in the post MJ era. He hasn't won every series, but his team has succeeded moreso than any other franchise since 96. Duncan got lumps, Dirk got lumps, Bron got lumps, KG got em, TMac got a whole @#$% load of em.....
laugh.gif

I guarantee you that this stan ain't got Bill Ruell higher than Kobe on his all-time list though
roll.gif
Today?  Yes I do.  Looks like you're wrong, yet again.  Nothing new for you though. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Today??? Better win another 7 titles Kobe to move up in our own stan's list. ALL ABOUT DEM RINGZ rite?
roll.gif
You're a clown.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Today??? Better win another 7 titles Kobe to move up in our own stan's list. ALL ABOUT DEM RINGZ rite?
roll.gif
You're a clown.

laugh.gif
  Like I said, keep thinkin you know somethin about how I look at things.  It's good for the chuckle. 

It's rather apparent that folks been savin all their speeches up the last 2 years, they been sad with nothin bad to say for too long.   Get it off your chests ya'll, those repressed feelings gotta get out somehow. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

why does it matter in what fashion you lose? whether its by 1 or 30, you still LOSE! What are you trying to say? You play to win the game. Jordans accomplishments are not tied to many people either? or did Jordan win everything by himself? Should everything Kobe won have a * to them? What are you even saying? I understand you don't like the dude but don't discredit his work and his accomplishments.

laugh.gif
  Like I said, keep thinkin you know somethin about how I look at things.  It's good for the chuckle. 

It's rather apparent that folks been savin all their speeches up the last 2 years, they been sad with nothin bad to say for too long.   Get it off your chests ya'll, those repressed feelings gotta get out somehow. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

why does it matter in what fashion you lose? whether its by 1 or 30, you still LOSE! What are you trying to say? You play to win the game. Jordans accomplishments are not tied to many people either? or did Jordan win everything by himself? Should everything Kobe won have a * to them? What are you even saying? I understand you don't like the dude but don't discredit his work and his accomplishments.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You never explain what you think though, and when you do, you end up contradicting yourself 10 times in your own post
laugh.gif
Of course it's a chuckle. Your backwards logic provides plenty of them
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You never explain what you think though, and when you do, you end up contradicting yourself 10 times in your own post
laugh.gif
Of course it's a chuckle. Your backwards logic provides plenty of them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif

Settle down.

Jordan never did.

Good call BUT let's be real, these guys run's were done.  Lakers were the heavy favorites STILL.  I think thats' what the difference was.  

he has more rings than the golden state franchise has

eyes.gif
 at this random response trying to get us mad.  Sorry, we're too full of JOY right now seeing your boy and his sorry team get SWEPT!!!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom