Realistically, what has the sweep done to Kobe's legacy?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This thread is COMEDY!...I love seeing the frustration from these Kobe fans talking about their # 2 option not showing up.  SOOOO glad y'all know the feeling but you BETTER expect people to rub it in the way you guys used to. 

stop with this no show business crap. this game in this age is not about  a one man team taking over. kobe is going to get hated either way, even if he was better than jordan. get over it, get yourself a life
roll.gif
roll.gif

stop with this no show business crap. this game in this age is not about  a one man team taking over. kobe is going to get hated either way, even if he was better than jordan. get over it, get yourself a life
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ooooh, so NOW all of a sudden it's not about a "one man team" taking over when YOUR boy loses?  Just as early as a year ago, you dudes were QUICK to clown on other player's for having weak teammates and not being able to get the job done.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ooooh, so NOW all of a sudden it's not about a "one man team" taking over when YOUR boy loses?  Just as early as a year ago, you dudes were QUICK to clown on other player's for having weak teammates and not being able to get the job done.

Nothing. It remains the same. Hate him or love him he's a hall of famer that will always be known as one of the greatest.

Nothing. It remains the same. Hate him or love him he's a hall of famer that will always be known as one of the greatest.

and what are you Jordan ball suckers tombout he would never do this and that?

Jordan didn't win anything in the first 7 years of his career
Jordan played for the wiz and didn't make the playoffs
drafted Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison
He got swept twice in the playoffs
Got beat by the same team 3 years in a row in the playoffs

All of this didn't hurt Jordans career one bit.If you recognize Kobe's failures then rocognize Jordans if you are gonna bring Jordan into the discussion in the first place. Making mistakes is part of the road to winning. Even though he beasted throughout his career, he failed before he won and after but it didn't touch his legacy so why would Kobe's failures hurt his legacy now? Get real people.

Jordan is my favorite player of all time FTR

All of this didn't hurt Jordans career one bit.If you recognize Kobe's failures then rocognize Jordans if you are gonna bring Jordan into the discussion in the first place. Making mistakes is part of the road to winning. Even though he beasted throughout his career, he failed before he won and after but it didn't touch his legacy so why would Kobe's failures hurt his legacy now? Get real people.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

This/

Jordan is my favorite ever period.  But let's not forget his teams had players who did their job night in and night out.  They didn't complain, they gave effort, and played their role.  Kobe and Shaq had that but Kobe and Phil with new group got all they could out of this bunch.

Odom, Bynum, aPus Gasoft always complained when stuff wasn't going right instead of bucking up on the court.  Phil said he was glad it was over.  Don't be suprised Kobe with the extra time gets surgery and rest and plays better next year hopefully with a new team.

This/

Jordan is my favorite ever period.  But let's not forget his teams had players who did their job night in and night out.  They didn't complain, they gave effort, and played their role.  Kobe and Shaq had that but Kobe and Phil with new group got all they could out of this bunch.

Odom, Bynum, aPus Gasoft always complained when stuff wasn't going right instead of bucking up on the court.  Phil said he was glad it was over.  Don't be suprised Kobe with the extra time gets surgery and rest and plays better next year hopefully with a new team.

This/

This/

Have we all forgotten how many ALL TIME greats have been swept? Jordan...Shaq...LeBron...Kobe...many more. This doesn't HELP his legacy but you guys have the memory of a water bottle.
laugh.gif

Settle down.

Have we all forgotten how many ALL TIME greats have been swept? Jordan...Shaq...LeBron...Kobe...many more. This doesn't HELP his legacy but you guys have the memory of a water bottle.
laugh.gif

Settle down.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

This/

So what your saying is....koME isnt a leader like MJ was?
ohwell.gif

koME always gets a year older...Father time.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by jbone2308

This/

So what your saying is....koME isnt a leader like MJ was?
ohwell.gif

koME always gets a year older...Father time.
30t6p3b.gif

Geez, the hate on Kobe in here is thick lol. Regardless of what happened in the series, Kobe still goes down as one of the GOATs. Legacies/players are remembered by their accomplishments, and Kobe's accomplishments are undeniable. At the end of the day, basketball is a team sport, and an individual can only carry a team so far. I pity you guys who've wasted your time hating and comparing while failing to appreciate how rare of the talent he is. Say what you want about the guy, but he's been quite arguably the best player in the league for an era (post so called Jordan era). No one is arguing that he is the GOAT, but when it's all said and done I'll be happy to have witnessed and appreciated one the best to have ever played the game. Same goes for players in the process of building their legacies now. Simply put, just appreciate man
laugh.gif

Geez, the hate on Kobe in here is thick lol. Regardless of what happened in the series, Kobe still goes down as one of the GOATs. Legacies/players are remembered by their accomplishments, and Kobe's accomplishments are undeniable. At the end of the day, basketball is a team sport, and an individual can only carry a team so far. I pity you guys who've wasted your time hating and comparing while failing to appreciate how rare of the talent he is. Say what you want about the guy, but he's been quite arguably the best player in the league for an era (post so called Jordan era). No one is arguing that he is the GOAT, but when it's all said and done I'll be happy to have witnessed and appreciated one the best to have ever played the game. Same goes for players in the process of building their legacies now. Simply put, just appreciate man
laugh.gif

MisterP0315 wrote:
laugh.gif

Settle down.
 Look back at the teams those players played with when they got sweep.

You can't tell me they were on the same level as this LA team.
laugh.gif

MisterP0315 wrote:
laugh.gif

Settle down.
 Look back at the teams those players played with when they got sweep.

You can't tell me they were on the same level as this LA team.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

laugh.gif

Settle down.
I don't think he's talking about how great players never have gotten swept.  I think the OP was referring to how these other guys have never gotten swept when defending their title.  Either way, like the rest of you have said though, it doesn't hurt his legacy.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

laugh.gif

Settle down.
I don't think he's talking about how great players never have gotten swept.  I think the OP was referring to how these other guys have never gotten swept when defending their title.  Either way, like the rest of you have said though, it doesn't hurt his legacy.

"At the end of the day, basketball is a team sport, and an individual can only carry a team so far."

As long as the Lakers fans/Kobe stans can apply his logic to everyone else...

"At the end of the day, basketball is a team sport, and an individual can only carry a team so far."

As long as the Lakers fans/Kobe stans can apply his logic to everyone else...

Back
Top Bottom