Realistically, what has the sweep done to Kobe's legacy?

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Look back at the teams those players played with when they got sweep.

You can't tell me they were on the same level as this LA team.
laugh.gif

No. Somehow, Kobe and the Lakers are Gods when they are winning...but when they are losing, Bynum is Bybum...Mr. Glass. Pau is Gasoft...and so on. You're merely looking at names and not what actually went down in the series.

I realize this is getting kind of beaten into the ground at this point, but none of you Lakers fans wanted to hear a word of this the last 2 years when Mo Williams and the rest of the Cavs supporting cast disappeared in the playoffs. Especially in '09 when Lebron played the best basketball of his life, averaging 35, 9 and 7 on 51% shooting in the playoffs including a game-winner in the Orlando series. All we heard then was "Yeah, but they won 60+ games and had the best record in the league, of course the supporting cast was good enough." You guys didn't want to look at what actually happened in the series then, it was alllllll Lebron's fault. It's funny how you guys have done a complete 180 on this and now all of a sudden you want to look at what actually happened in the series before you just assign blame to the star player.

No one is gonna win in the playoffs if their second best player disappears, not Kobe, not Lebron, not Zeus himself.
That's all well and good but Kobe's supporting cast played strong enough for them to be in this series. The first three games, especially the first and third were all within reach. Kobe failed to put them over the top. Anyone preaching "team" in relation to those games is just being naive to how the NBA works.

So it's Kobe's fault they got embarrassed in front of Phil's family?
Absolutely.  When your the captain of the ship you get full credit and full blame for what goes on be it good or bad.  That's why you get the big checks and recognition.  Again, I saw no sense or urgency from Kobe yesterday.  I'm not saying he quit yesterday, but for a guy who's team was on the verge of getting swept, after the 1st quarter Kobe was pretty much a non-factor.

You can't deny MVP, Gold medal, Finals MVP(2) and Championships(5 or 2 or however you want to give him credit for)
I know I'm definitely not, and hopefully no one in here is doing so. 

So it's Kobe's fault they got embarrassed in front of Phil's family?
Absolutely.  When your the captain of the ship you get full credit and full blame for what goes on be it good or bad.  That's why you get the big checks and recognition.  Again, I saw no sense or urgency from Kobe yesterday.  I'm not saying he quit yesterday, but for a guy who's team was on the verge of getting swept, after the 1st quarter Kobe was pretty much a non-factor.

You can't deny MVP, Gold medal, Finals MVP(2) and Championships(5 or 2 or however you want to give him credit for)
I know I'm definitely not, and hopefully no one in here is doing so. 

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Kobe is the greatest Laker ever. He is top 5 already

By the end of his career if he racks up a couple more championships he should be nuber 2 and arguably 1.
This is NT. To them MJ is the GOAT and is better in any category.

This era has way better talent and teams.

People just like to bring up the same 10 players from the 90s

0 for 4 on that reply

Seriously 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Kobe is the greatest Laker ever. He is top 5 already

By the end of his career if he racks up a couple more championships he should be nuber 2 and arguably 1.
This is NT. To them MJ is the GOAT and is better in any category.

This era has way better talent and teams.

People just like to bring up the same 10 players from the 90s

0 for 4 on that reply

Seriously 
sick.gif

i mean magic was swept, those pistons were swept, wade and shaq were swept, all while defending the title. it happens. i doubt it'll effect the legacy. well maybe in a haters eyes. to the rest of us, it happens, its part of the game. win some lose some. hopefully we bounce back strong next year. period.

i mean magic was swept, those pistons were swept, wade and shaq were swept, all while defending the title. it happens. i doubt it'll effect the legacy. well maybe in a haters eyes. to the rest of us, it happens, its part of the game. win some lose some. hopefully we bounce back strong next year. period.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Hakeem and Drexler were swept in 1996 after winning back to back titles, and no one talks about them in a negative light.

Thomas and Dumars were swept in 1989 after winning back to back titles, and no one talks about them in a negative light.

Once it's all said and done, Kobe's legacy will be fine. Everyone likes to over analyze.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Hakeem and Drexler were swept in 1996 after winning back to back titles, and no one talks about them in a negative light.

Thomas and Dumars were swept in 1989 after winning back to back titles, and no one talks about them in a negative light.

Once it's all said and done, Kobe's legacy will be fine. Everyone likes to over analyze.

As ive thought about it more I think this really could impact Kobe's legacy. IMO Kobe's legacy on the court is set in stone, he is a top 10 player, second best 2 guard of all time. But if all the rumors are true and his wife interfered in Gasol's relationship and as a result Gasol and Kobe fell out and Gasol played like @*%#, I think it does tarnish Kobe's legacy. Yes Pau is a grown man, he should have handled it better and he went out like a $%%!+. But when you talk about Kobe, you have to mention he snitched on Shaq, he got into with Karl Malone over his wife, and now this. He is a great player, but he may be socially ******ed or something, and I think it has probably cost him and the Lakers at least one ring

As ive thought about it more I think this really could impact Kobe's legacy. IMO Kobe's legacy on the court is set in stone, he is a top 10 player, second best 2 guard of all time. But if all the rumors are true and his wife interfered in Gasol's relationship and as a result Gasol and Kobe fell out and Gasol played like @*%#, I think it does tarnish Kobe's legacy. Yes Pau is a grown man, he should have handled it better and he went out like a $%%!+. But when you talk about Kobe, you have to mention he snitched on Shaq, he got into with Karl Malone over his wife, and now this. He is a great player, but he may be socially ******ed or something, and I think it has probably cost him and the Lakers at least one ring

laugh.gif

No. Somehow, Kobe and the Lakers are Gods when they are winning...but when they are losing, Bynum is Bybum...Mr. Glass. Pau is Gasoft...and so on. You're merely looking at names and not what actually went down in the series.

I realize this is getting kind of beaten into the ground at this point, but none of you Lakers fans wanted to hear a word of this the last 2 years when Mo Williams and the rest of the Cavs supporting cast disappeared in the playoffs. Especially in '09 when Lebron played the best basketball of his life, averaging 35, 9 and 7 on 51% shooting in the playoffs including a game-winner in the Orlando series. All we heard then was "Yeah, but they won 60+ games and had the best record in the league, of course the supporting cast was good enough." You guys didn't want to look at what actually happened in the series then, it was alllllll Lebron's fault. It's funny how you guys have done a complete 180 on this and now all of a sudden you want to look at what actually happened in the series before you just assign blame to the star player.

No one is gonna win in the playoffs if their second best player disappears, not Kobe, not Lebron, not Zeus himself.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom